I see what you did there, Blizz...

100 Pandaren Shaman
This is either a pure coincidence, or someone from the lore department did something really naughty...

I'm talking about how the Horde-faction Pandaren, Huojin, so conveniently have a leader by the name of Ji Firepaw.

I mean seriously, with a first name two letters short of being the object highly discussed in one of Lonely Island's most popular song and a last name denoting having a limb that's on fire, I guess we all can safely assume the reason why the Jin is on Huo.

I'm sorry for being vague, don't really want to risk myself getting banned. =P

But anyway, just to elaborate further:

Huo = Literally Fire in mandarin.
Jin = Literally essence/spirit in mandarin.

Which is aptly named because the Huojin Pandarens are red and took care of the dwelling place of Huo, the Spirit of Fire.

However, Jin can also mean something more... naughty... if you know what's the alternative meaning, you would be able to understand what I'm saying.

Anyway Blizzard, intentional or not, gg. =)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I honestly wouldn't put it pass Blizzard to do something as subtly naughty as this though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
It was a lonely balloon ride to Orgrimmar, I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
10/04/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Linweiye
I honestly wouldn't put it pass Blizzard to do something as subtly naughty as this though.

Go look at the names of the daily quests for Hodir...there's nothing subtle about most of those names
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Okay fine... Blizzard isn't subtle... Can we move on now? =(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
:conspiracykeanu:
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
in krasarang wilds their is an NPC named Master Baiter blizzard and subtlety dont mix very well.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm talking about how the Horde-faction Pandaren, Huojin, so conveniently have a leader by the name of Ji Firepaw.

I mean seriously, with a first name two letters short of being the object highly discussed in one of Lonely Island's most popular song and a last name denoting having a limb that's on fire, I guess we all can safely assume the reason why the Jin is on Huo.

seriously?

you're reading way too much into this. its like the people who made the cookie monster on sesame street become the veggie monster

i'll use a RL example of something on my desk here . . .

i have this water bottle with water + crystal light. the flavour is strawberry + energy (caffeine [not enough time to make coffee this morning]) now think about that for a second, why strawberries for a caffeinated beverage flavour. Its because strawberries are an Aphrodisiac and its got caffiene to give you energy . . . i think they're trying to make us have sex.

see? something as simple as a flavoured water turned into "they trying to get everyone to have sex," as Freud would say, "sometimes the cigar, is just a cigar"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/04/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Linweiye
I mean seriously, with a first name two letters short of being the object highly discussed in one of Lonely Island's most popular song

So they are taking a good hard look at that boat?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
This reminds me of when Riot Games changed the famous LoL players name from "bigfatjiji" to "bigfatlp" after a tourney stream.
Reply Quote
this type of post makes my brain rot.

I AM FORSAKEN
Reply Quote
I don't think Blizzard enjoys subtlety in their references - "Ook 'em in the dooker" should attest to that.

If you have to reach that far for a reference in a Blizzard game, urdoinitrong, because the vast majority of references are meant to be seen and understood at a glance.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Nothing new here, remember this NPC:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11718
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]