pvp power for healing and shields

90 Night Elf Priest
Hello,

can someone please tell me (or let me know where i can find this info) how exactly PVP power effects healing and most importantly PW:S?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
this seems to be some missing info...if anyone knows, please help a brotha out!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Great question about pw shield
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Does not affect Power Word: Shield. Tested personally.
Reply Quote
42 Night Elf Druid
Tested this in bg and it doesnt effect any of my heals or shields
Edited by Ìmortal on 10/5/2012 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Are you testing this in a PvP situation or alone/PvE situation.
Unless things have changed, PvP Power only boosts heals while in battlegrounds or arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Right - I think "heals" and "absorption" are treated differently by Blizzard. I bet the Heal from the Glyph of Power Word: Shield would be upped in PvP by PvP power, but I haven't tested it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i know i know.

"pvp power" effect your heals by giving it more accuracy in a pvp environment (rbg/bg/arena)

meaning pvp power acts for dps/range and caster as a form of spell penetration to counter pvp resilence but as a healer your spell healing will not heal for more than it full potential so yes healers need this to counter pvp power from caster/range/dps

pvp power does not mean your spells will miss but it does mean your cc abilities will be either resisted or miss because it's a spell pen/accuracy mechanism ( if you see immunity that means it's comming from an ability or buffs thats something different)

as a healer you do not need more than whats already on gears or trinket because for the most part intel will be your biggest output.

dps/caster/and range on the other hand will be different. healers should have extra resil vs caster/dps/range wanting more pvp power over resil.

intel = strength of heals or strengh of damage
pvp power = spell pen/penetration/healing accuracy
resil = less damage, less chance of burst or smaller burst and spell pen and pen negates pvp power rendering it less useful depending on gearing factors (meaning how a person gems gear choice they use and what stat priorities they choose will determine if your toon will mitigate or burst. (who has more of what etc.)

hope this helps. knowledge is power
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
pvp power does not effect your power word shield but it will effect your smite holy fire and penance lol.

resil on the other hand will definately effect your shield. how? by giving it more resistance to damage.

more resil = takes longer to break through a shield by rendering less damage per strike skills spells etc.

mastery = more absorbs means more to break through.

someone who has 60k shield absorbtion with mediocre resil will be hit for 2.5k per strike
someone with even more resil with a 60k shield absorbtion will be hit for 998 =1.3k per strike. these are just examples.

if your resil/mastery hits it's plateau there is a good chance it will stay up the full 15 sec duration without breaking or just about to break for you to put up a new one. however the downfall is if people have a hard time breaking a shield they will just dispel it lol. it will make you feel like god mode and this my friend is what makes disc hard to kill.

theres alot of people who are very clueless in wow. work the stats right and become powerful/work it wrong expect to die fast. airheads will not be tolerated!

blizzard knows the numbers and what stats are appropriate to your class and spec but it's your job to figure it out by countless reforge, switching gems and finding out what works best for your toon before you come crying on these forum about some class being OP or underperforming. hope this helps. knowledge is power
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i meant to say and resil "negates pvp power"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i know i know.

"pvp power" effect your heals by giving it more accuracy in a pvp environment (rbg/bg/arena)

meaning pvp power acts for dps/range and caster as a form of spell penetration to counter pvp resilence but as a healer your spell healing will not heal for more than it full potential so yes healers need this to counter pvp power from caster/range/dps

pvp power does not mean your spells will miss but it does mean your cc abilities will be either resisted or miss because it's a spell pen/accuracy mechanism ( if you see immunity that means it's comming from an ability or buffs thats something different)

as a healer you do not need more than whats already on gears or trinket because for the most part intel will be your biggest output.

dps/caster/and range on the other hand will be different. healers should have extra resil vs caster/dps/range wanting more pvp power over resil.

intel = strength of heals or strengh of damage
pvp power = spell pen/penetration/healing accuracy
resil = less damage, less chance of burst or smaller burst and spell pen and pen negates pvp power rendering it less useful depending on gearing factors (meaning how a person gems gear choice they use and what stat priorities they choose will determine if your toon will mitigate or burst. (who has more of what etc.)

hope this helps. knowledge is power

What on earth are you on about?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The only thing I can think of offhand that pvp power would affect heal wise would be atonement disc.

Since the heals directly reflect the damage as a heal - the softer you're hitting, the less heal you get per smite/penance/holy fire.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hey a related question I was just thinking about as a Warlock was casting Chaos Bolt at me...

Does PvP Power affect World PvP? I know it's "PvP Zones" but are contested areas considered PvP Zones for this purpose?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]