How does haste with dots work exactly?

90 Gnome Warlock
If I pop haste cooldowns like dark soul, berserking, lifeblood, etc and then apply dots, does the haste stay applied to those dots throughout their entire duration? Or if the haste cooldowns expire do the dots slow down. If I have dots up on multiple targets and pop haste cooldowns, will the dots begin ticking faster or do they need to be reapplied?
Reply Quote
72 Troll Druid
Damage of TIIIIIIIMMMME
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
If you have 45% haste and you apply dots, those dots that you cast will behave as if they have 45% haste, regardless of whether you gain or lose haste during their existence.

If they are automatically refreshed by things such as Fel Flame, they will be re-calculated to the haste you had when you hit the target with Fel Flame, and it works this way as well when you re-dot them.

This is why you want to save dot-refreshing until the last possible moment, and it is also why you want to track your buffs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Yeah thats what I thought. IT was just weird because when I would apply dots and then my haste bufs would expire, the tick interval would appear to increase when I mouse over the debuff. It would go from like 1.9 to 2.8s. But I guess that's just a display error and it's still ticking every 1.9
Reply Quote
60 Orc Warlock
10/04/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Grudgewick
Yeah thats what I thought. IT was just weird because when I would apply dots and then my haste bufs would expire, the tick interval would appear to increase when I mouse over the debuff. It would go from like 1.9 to 2.8s. But I guess that's just a display error and it's still ticking every 1.9

Dots tick according to your haste. How it displays the damage is according to how your ui is functioning. How it does the damage is something else entirely.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]