Gems disappeared after enchanting the item

90 Undead Warlock
I had just bought a new chest with honor and put two gems in the sockets. An hour later I had an enchanter put superior resilience on the item. When I looked again the gems were gone. I asked around, and this has happened to a few other people as well. Please help?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The exact same thing happened to me last night with my boots. I gemmed them, did a reforge, then I hearthed out to Pandaria to meet up with my enchanter buddy and after he enchanted them and I got back to Stormwind I noticed my hp and hit rating were lower. Sure enough, both my gem and reforge were gone.

100% positive they were both removed after I have them enchanted. What a rip. Lost about 500g worth of gold between the gem and the reforge. Nice.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Same thing just happened to me, something strange is definitely going on.
I put gems in three pieces of gear, enchanted two of them.
I believe after logging out and in, the enchanted pieces lost their gems, while the non-enchanted piece didn't.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yep that's exactly it, enchanting. Wierd.

I put in a ticket and had a conversation with a GM about it. I did eventually receive my gem back, however there was no log of it disappearing so it was a very iffy situation where I don't want to say "they didn't believe me" because that is a very strong sentiment, but at the same time there were multiple reports of the same issue from other players as confirmed by the GM, so they went ahead and gave me my gem.

However as a footnote, they mentioned that this was not in their policy and future replacement items lost in this particular circumstance might not be returned to the player. I said to them how I felt this would be a very disappointing situation for the players, as the server literally gobbled up our hard earned gems at our expense. That makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever. If the server is causing the fault, then the supporters of those servers should reimburse us the players.

Just my 2 cents. I'd really like to see a blue post on this confirming or even acknowledging it outside of a GM telling me there's been multiple reports of it happening.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just had this happen to me to my gloves. Crafted the epic healing plate gloves, socketed it with a gem and also added the Blacksmith socket, then enchanted it. While i was flying back from getting the enchant, I moused over the item and the gems were gone. At first I thought I didnt put the gems in so I did a search in my bags for them and I did not find them. So I had come to the conclusion that they just vanished, even the extra Blacksmith socket was removed.

First time it happens to me and really got me pissed. Atleast I'm a jewelcrafter and can just cut new gems, but having to use mats again for something that was done already kinda sucks. I hoped that puting new gems in it would give an error message that something was already there but nothing, its like nothing ever happened but something did. I submited a bug report ingame but figured I post here as well.
Edited by Chròno on 10/9/2012 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Good, this is apparently happening all over the place, so it's obviously not an isolated incident. The more people that report this the sooner it gets fixed. It's very frustrating wasting gold on gems/mats only to have them vanish completely.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This also happened to me. Just adding my voice.
Reply Quote
94 Human Mage
Ditto for me - gems socketed, then vanished after enchant about 20 min later. The reply to my GM ticket was one of the "we don't give out game hints". I'll go the bug report route as you all did.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Dyvimm
I had just bought a new chest with honor and put two gems in the sockets. An hour later I had an enchanter put superior resilience on the item. When I looked again the gems were gone. I asked around, and this has happened to a few other people as well. Please help?

This happened to me yesterday. I have a ticket open about it. It not only deleted my gems, it got rid of my blacksmithing socket.
Edited by Kastara on 10/13/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Mage
Did this ever get resolved?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Must not have, adding a leg armor to my new pants removed the reforge (fortunately, I gemmed it after enchanting). I've noticed my stats being off a few times before, but this was the first time I realized it was the enchant that actually did it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Still happening- lost transmog, enchants, gems, and reforges. Have submitted several bug reports. Wondering why there is no blue post- this is a major problem considering the cost of some gems and enchants.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]