Dual Wield vs Two Hand

90 Pandaren Monk
I was just wondering wich one is best, right now I'm trying to get my second heirloom mace, since there is no two hand polearm heirloom. What are the main diferences between those two?
Reply Quote
You're right, there is no polearm. There is the Agility staff, though.
I'm sure you knew that. I'm guessing that you'd rather use a polearm, if you had your way.

My understanding is that DW and 2H even out pretty well.
The theory-crafters amongst us could, likely, give you specifics.

This guy is sitting on a ton of Agilty heirlooms, but I'm loving MW so much that they're just gathering dust :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/05/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Aesyrr
I was just wondering wich one is best, right now I'm trying to get my second heirloom mace, since there is no two hand polearm heirloom. What are the main diferences between those two?

Technically DW > 2H obviously. Brewmaster would be 2H. Some people are debating 2H is better at lower levels cause of the lack of hit for DW.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I was curious about this as well. The reason I'm here.
I used to main a hunter and it was always better for us to use 2h weapons because of the enchants and stuff would equal out to more of an advantage because you couldn't get the same benefits from dwing. Was curious if that carried over to monks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/05/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Monkology
Technically DW > 2H obviously.

How is this obvious? o.o

DW is > 2h but not by very much from what I've seen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
OP: Doesn't really matter for leveling. In your case, it would be cheaper to get a 2nd Mass of McGowan than the 2h agil staff.

Either way you cannot go wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I found while leveling that once I switched to the Agi staff, my dmg was MUCH more even.

Sure, I did a smidge more dmg dual wielding, but seeing all of those misses stunk on ice.

Plus, my jab hits harder as it's normalized for the slower hitting 2her vs the 1her. That's important since you only have so many GCDs certain fights and our single target is low.

So, I preferred to KNOW what my single target dmg would be using the Agi staff (Burnished Warden Staff) as opposed to the maces or the sword/mace combo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
O.o
Edited by Bruisedlee on 10/5/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/05/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Moine
Technically DW > 2H obviously.

How is this obvious? o.o

Check your sims bud the numbers at 90 show DW is marginally better then 2H as a WW
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Monkology

How is this obvious? o.o

Check your sims bud the numbers at 90 show DW is marginally better then 2H as a WW

That is exactly what the guy you quoted said :)
Reply Quote
elitistjerks.com

"Windwalker monks will primarily wear agility leather (with a 5% agility bonus if all 8 pieces are leather thanks to Leather Specialization). They can Dual Wield one-handers (all kinds but daggers) and can also equip staves and polearms. Weapon choice has an effect on a couple spells: Fighting Style which morphs Jab into another abilities (only cosmetic or rp-flavored) and Way of the Monk which may serve as a balance lever in the future. It's unclear to me which weapons will be the best choice for a dps monk, but it's worth noting that, if all other things are equal, dual wielding tends to edge out."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
elitistjerks.com

"Windwalker monks will primarily wear agility leather (with a 5% agility bonus if all 8 pieces are leather thanks to Leather Specialization). They can Dual Wield one-handers (all kinds but daggers) and can also equip staves and polearms. Weapon choice has an effect on a couple spells: Fighting Style which morphs Jab into another abilities (only cosmetic or rp-flavored) and Way of the Monk which may serve as a balance lever in the future. It's unclear to me which weapons will be the best choice for a dps monk, but it's worth noting that, if all other things are equal, dual wielding tends to edge out."

Keep scrolling down there is a thread mixed in where they discuss it prior to releasing that guide.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

That is exactly what the guy you quoted said :)

DW procs more Tiger strikes also the sims on EJ didn't take into account Expertise and he also admittedly said the sims didn't take into account that DW scales better with AP.

He also Modeled DW miss rate in error at 35% and it should have been in the Mid 20's.

If you keep scrolling there are updated sims reflecting the correct DW miss rate and shows DW higher in DPS.
Edited by Monkology on 10/5/2012 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/05/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Monkology
DW procs more Tiger's Brew

no it doesnt
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
DW procs more Tiger's Brew

no it doesnt

Nevermind you're right tiger strikes excuse me learning as I read here. Either way sims still show DW > 2H
Edited by Monkology on 10/5/2012 1:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]