Level 90 abilities (thread 9 million?)

100 Undead Rogue
So I just get to 90 and read my new "abilities" for the first time. Go figure. What... The... F

Shuriken Toss. Because I really used Deadly Throw or Throw very much. Ever.

Versatility. I doubt I would mind if Redirect had a 3 minute cooldown like every one of my abilities.

Anticipation. Because I really want to be NOT SPENDING my combo points?!

All three of these abilities appear to have been designed by someone who does not play a rogue, and I am... really concerned. How is it possible that I get to 90 I get nothing of value? How? Ugh.... this really took the wind out of my motivation to play.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Ok, Anticipation might be cool now that I think about it. I'll give it a fair shake.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
We hit over 5 cps rather often, they'd be going to waste if we didn't have anticipation - especially with Shadow Blades.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/06/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Zanumas
We hit over 5 cps rather often, they'd be going to waste if we didn't have anticipation - especially with Shadow Blades.

This. Anticipation eliminates wasted combo points. Assassination in particular benefits from this enormously, as we don't have to do 4+ finishers anymore. Land on 4? Where you would have been forced to finish before, now you can Mut again for that 5 and finish, and that extra point that would have been wasted is now there and ready for use next round.

Anticipation is amazing. Needs to be baseline imo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
WoD
[quote="67936296418"]

For PvE? I know I stack combo points very fast in PvE (especially with Shadow Blades + AR stacked in Combat spec), but this isn't really an issue for me in PvP because I'm constantly using them to lock down the target with stuns or get SnD up ..because that's were Energetic Recovery is now.. for some reason.. I guess it's sorta-kinda nice to be able to Evis. a target twice in a row if you have 5 CP + 5 stored... but meh.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
[quote]

For PvE? I know I stack combo points very fast in PvE (especially with Shadow Blades + AR stacked in Combat spec), but this isn't really an issue for me in PvP because I'm constantly using them to lock down the target with stuns or get SnD up ..because that's were Energetic Recovery is now.. for some reason.. I guess it's sorta-kinda nice to be able to Evis. a target twice in a row if you have 5 CP + 5 stored... but meh.

Basically.

Anticipation is great in PvE.

In PvP Shuriken is the one that will likely be taken most often...since aticipation is too clunky to use outside of CD like AR+Sblades, and versatility is so niche.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I agree, plus while the lvl. 90 talents are nice abilities, when you compare it to some of the things other classes are getting at 90... yeah.. it doesn't compare well. Shuriken has been nice for applying poisons at range though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
deadly throw should be part of all rogues, not make us choose. It slows a range, puts the cripple poisons slow effect on 'em and slows them w/ deadly throw for 6sec or so...Its our equivalent to fear like priest where fears stack. <3 it as sub in cat and wotlk. Now its trash.... might as well delete it now.

Versatility is trash.

Only good for full burst (least as sub) is anticipation....

Versatility works good for mut though...cant waste those cps when your regenerate 1 energy every 2 days
Edited by Packofcrows on 10/6/2012 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

Versatility works good for mut though...cant waste those cps when your regenerate 1 energy every 2 days

All my this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]