Mistweaver PVP Thread

90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Ruxxian
You are wise.

Oh, and don't forget your Grapple Weapon for survivability!

I love to hit Ret's with it when they pop wings, or Warriors right before they charge you so you are stunned and they are bare knuckle punching you.

And Glyph of Life Cocoon, so you can use it while Deep Freezed/HoJ'd/Warrior Stunned is amazing, too!

Yeah. I know all these things intellectually, but I have yet to develop the habit to do so through long practice. I need to give myself a break, I think---I played my paladin for years, and I'm not going to be as good on my monk overnight.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
10/08/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Fatcobra

Oh, and don't forget your Grapple Weapon for survivability!

I love to hit Ret's with it when they pop wings, or Warriors right before they charge you so you are stunned and they are bare knuckle punching you.

And Glyph of Life Cocoon, so you can use it while Deep Freezed/HoJ'd/Warrior Stunned is amazing, too!

Yeah. I know all these things intellectually, but I have yet to develop the habit to do so through long practice. I need to give myself a break, I think---I played my paladin for years, and I'm not going to be as good on my monk overnight.

I rerolled here from my Holy Pally of a few years (130k hk's!) and am finding this to be far more engaging - but you're right, there is a lot to it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Everyone should have glyph of renewing mists and glyph of enduring healing spheres for rbgs. After you take a node the spheres will stay for 5 minutes, which means anyone defending can use them. You can also drop them at the beginning of maps like AB for farm or ST defender to use. Renewing mists is a no-brainer. It should be used on cooldown constantly. It is about 25% of my heals and it takes little effort, and allows for uplift.

IMO glyph of life cocoon and fortifying brew are useless based on their long cooldowns. Maybe for arena it's different. Life cocoon is always on cooldown for me regardless of stuns because it saves people. Leg sweep would be great if the range was wider but it really isn't effective in rbgs except for single targets. I'm sort of undecided on it. It will share DRs with controlled stuns which means you aren't really doing your dps a favor if they're doing their jobs, but I guess it depends on the comp. 20 yard paralysis is effective because it's 15sec cooldown, we don't have ranged interrupts, and even if paralysis is broken it will interrupt. Positioning one's self for a melee stun... I would rather just focus on healing and the other 1000 things going on, good heals would give the rdruid time to cyclone, which is much better.

Diffuse magic has a pretty short cooldown and is extremely effective. If I am low HP and silenced I am not popping mana tea for 10% HP, I'm popping lock rocks, cooldowns, disarming, chi torpedo away, etc. I had to regem out of resil because I was never dying. This is my 1-week exp.

Stats should be spirit-everything. Some non-set gear has haste and we only need 1350, anything above is pretty much useless. So some pieces I go mastery/crit like my neck to avoid haste, and try to reforge everything spirit. Stats priority should be the same as PVE, int is after spirit, then crit. I would rock two spirit trinkets if I had good ones but right now I'm doing 1 pvp trinket 1 spirit and gemming spirit. I see most healers at 55% resil but it definitely will have to be higher as the weeks progress, and since trinkets don't provide much resil I anticipate having to gem more resil and hoping that the conq gear has enough spirit, or taking advantage of my humanness and using two spirit trinkets. It's hard to tell because int and pvp power really escalate; pvp spell power trinkets can really boost heals.
Edited by Shridevi on 10/8/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You people are making me want to PVP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I'm confused people are using jab in arena for chi generation? Because one it cost mana in our healing stance and two it requires melee range and to stop healing my partners for how ever long it takes. Which right now I'm at the 1900+ range in threes and I'm healing almost all the time to keep my partners alive, minus when I'm ccing the healer! Just looking for more mistweaver tips for high teir arena, and also wondering about jab in arena.

Thanks,
Zentaq
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
I'm confused people are using jab in arena for chi generation? Because one it cost mana in our healing stance and two it requires melee range and to stop healing my partners for how ever long it takes. Which right now I'm at the 1900+ range in threes and I'm healing almost all the time to keep my partners alive, minus when I'm ccing the healer! Just looking for more mistweaver tips for high teir arena, and also wondering about jab in arena.

Thanks,
Zentaq

Being a Chi builder, of course Jab is going to cost mana.

As for stopping healing to Jab, dealing damage will heal through eminence and be buffed by Jade Serpent Statue; it's certainly not enough to heal through some of the burst we see in arena, but it's better than nothing.

As for using Jab, I generally use it on pets which are attacking me to generate chi to burn to build mana tea for mana regen.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Other things to keep in mind:

You can Thunder Focus tea while channeling Soothing Mist, which means you don't need to stop the channel to TFT just to start channeling again to get a big Surging Mist off.

Since the preparation buff in the arena and bg's replenishes your chi, you can spam uplift to build mana teas which dont go away when the gates open or the game starts. Use this for some awesome mana regen when you need it : )
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
You can Chi Torpedo through Ring of Frost and not get frozen!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I drop healing orbs on my spirit for instant heals when I teleport. Ye
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
10/10/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Dystonia

Mind = blown.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
So I just started to PVP as MW, and the healing aspect isn't that bad.

I'm not sure if it's really safe to get up close on people for building Chi compared to the benefit when you're in BG's.

I know my gear is a little lack, but I feel our solo damage is a lacking. I've encountered a few people 1v1 with a dps, and I pretty much get my butt handed to me once again it could be me.

One was a decently geared pally that fight went on for 5 mins till the end of the BG, and another was a Unholy DK he killed me pretty quickly. He seemed to be in PVE gear.

I could use some advise!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk

I'm not sure if it's really safe to get up close on people for building Chi compared to the benefit when you're in BG's.

I know my gear is a little lack, but I feel our solo damage is a lacking. I've encountered a few people 1v1 with a dps, and I pretty much get my butt handed to me once again it could be me.

One was a decently geared pally that fight went on for 5 mins till the end of the BG, and another was a Unholy DK he killed me pretty quickly. He seemed to be in PVE gear.

I could use some advise!

You should be able to make melee look like clownshoes with all the tools we have.

If I am getting into trouble, I will usually Disarm, wait until they get weapon back and get on me -> Portal away from them, when they catch up -> Paralysis -> roll away, when they catch up -> Leg Sweet, roll away -> Portal again -> Paralysis, roll away, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
So I talked to a glad Errol mw monk! He advised me to stack pvp power an resil and to melee heal with jabs and blackout kicks as much as I can. And only heal when needed through burst. I found in threes at 1900+ the melee healing aspect is hard to pull off. But it is effective in 2s
Reply Quote
Been using diffuse magic, but gonna give healing elixirs a try, as for leg sweep vs deadly reach, i think leg sweep is much better since its 2 CC that can be chained, only annoyance is the melee part.

I heard the pet from last talent can sometimes be good for the healing procs you get out of it but never tried it.

As for mastery I think it is pretty good, I would not stack it, but I like to kite using them as a route to keep myself up when I need it, but for other ppl they will just have to learn to use them, something that will come with time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
10/10/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Ruxxian
You can Chi Torpedo through Ring of Frost and not get frozen!

This is not my experience.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Ruxxian

Mind = blown.

Wow, yeah.

Wow.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Dystonia
Never thought of doing that.

Healing Spheres really is underrated. One thing I do with them is between Rolls, Or running away in general, I drop them on myself for instant uninterruptible heals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

I could use some advise!

You should be able to make melee look like clownshoes with all the tools we have.

If I am getting into trouble, I will usually Disarm, wait until they get weapon back and get on me -> Portal away from them, when they catch up -> Paralysis -> roll away, when they catch up -> Leg Sweet, roll away -> Portal again -> Paralysis, roll away, etc.

Well I know how to run away that's not really want I mean. If I want to I usually can live through 2 dps going after me, but I'm used to playing a disc priest in pvp. Now mind you this was back in Wrath when I was seriously into PVP. I only got to about 1950 in 2's, but I was with a Ret pally not the best comp. I always struggled to find a good three's team.

So is it just not really an option to win a 1 vs 1 fight with a dps?
Edited by Foxxdie on 10/11/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
ty for this casual mistweaving pvp perspective. helped me choose what i wanna pvp as. was heavily wagering ww before but all i hear is complaints. and yes, the transcendence+healing spheres blew my mind too.

not sure if its mentioned, but instead of rolling away from an enemy to get away, roll towards them so they run past you. same thing in ppl fighting monks, jsut run towards them and they'll over-roll their destination guaranteed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]