Darkmoon Card: GARBAGE

90 Blood Elf Paladin
1434 stam in addition to the on use.

It is an okay trinket now. Not worth what people will be charging due to brewfest trinket is free imo. I still need the dragon trinket to get hit/exp cap so mastery instead of stam for reforging just sounds better to me atm.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
A buff, but still probably not worth using. For the time being stam trinkets aren't amazingly useful. Bosses aren't in the 2-3 shot range and with a decent level of active mitigation it's even higher. No reason not to go for more damage reduction or offensive stats.
Edited by Tuesdays on 10/8/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's significantly better than it was, SIGNIFICANTLY.

I bought all the cards for less than 20k total... not sure if time to cash out or use it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Considering the dodge on-use is averaged out to about 1770 and my Jade trinket is averaged out to about 899 mastery, it's far, far, FAAAAR over budget.

I'd expect the dodge to be fixed to, what, 3,027 or so? Something like the other DMF trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
What's bad about it? It's a decent chunk of dodge with a one minute cooldown.

Oh, or are all of you complaining it's not going to BiS for the whole expac?

Dodge is pretty much the worst stat for warriors and paladins. The fact that there's no static bonus such as stam or mastery or what have you is a big no no. That and the 2% or so dodge you get every minute is not something you'll notice. No one's mad that it's not BIS, Darkmoon cards rarely if ever are. It's not even a close second, third, or even 20th best in slot. It's garbage. A crit trinket would benefit us more than this crap.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
What's bad about it? It's a decent chunk of dodge with a one minute cooldown.

Oh, or are all of you complaining it's not going to BiS for the whole expac?

Dodge is pretty much the worst stat for warriors and paladins. The fact that there's no static bonus such as stam or mastery or what have you is a big no no. That and the 2% or so dodge you get every minute is not something you'll notice. No one's mad that it's not BIS, Darkmoon cards rarely if ever are. It's not even a close second, third, or even 20th best in slot. It's garbage. A crit trinket would benefit us more than this crap.

Go look at your auction house and read what the item's tooltip is before you say embarrassing things on the internet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Go look at your auction house and read what the item's tooltip is before you say embarrassing things on the internet.

I stand corrected on the stats, completely and totally embarrassed that you wtfpwned me on the internet, too. I won't be sleeping tonight.

At any rate, it's a slot filler if you can manage a good deal on it. It's going for 99999 on my server right now. The dodge you get from the on-use won't save your !@# in any situation, but I suppose having 12 seconds of a miniscule avoidance buff is cool. The brewfest trinket throws me a beer, I find that a hell of a lot more useful than incredibly diminished dodge.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/08/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Sparklefever
Are you guys kidding? It's absolutely worth using now, it's crazily overbudget.

I still don't want it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/08/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Rijdot
I still don't want it.

I would take it if it was cheap, but...48k on my server right now, yeah no. I'd rather wait for the VP trinket if I wanted the stamina.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I took it since my guild had a whole deck made before the ninja buff to the card. It's not bad if you can get it for free/cheap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Rijdot
Are you guys kidding? It's absolutely worth using now, it's crazily overbudget.

I still don't want it.

It's basically Vial of Stolen Memories on steroids.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's literally worth the 30+k at this point, that's how good it is.

Significantly better than any of the other stam with on:use mastery trinkets available.

Ehh...I don't really see why 10% dodge for 12 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown is better than 6% mastery for 15 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown. I'd rather have a guaranteed effect, even if it's smaller.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's literally worth the 30+k at this point, that's how good it is.

Significantly better than any of the other stam with on:use mastery trinkets available.

Can't say I would go that far to say its worth 30k+. Its still our worst evasion stat as far as the dodge is concerned. Right now, our evasion stats are Master>Parry>Dodge, or Parry>Dodge>Mastery with the first set seeming to be the best priority list after getting Hit/Exp to 7.5%. I agree with others, its Ok if I can get it for free/cheap, but Im not dropping anything above 5k for the lowest evasion stat. I'll probably try for the Stam / Mastery before I attempt that Darkmoon Fair one though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I'd take it if I could afford one, or conned one of our scribes into making it for me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Mastery isn't an evasion stat, the attack still lands, just for less damage. It's also not guaranteed unless you synchronize it with SotR.

It's absolutely BiS for Monks and Guardians, and it's damn good for DKs/Warriors/Paladins.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've gotten most cards for like 300-500g, a couple for 900. Now I'm just waiting for a two to pop up stupid cheap, or a guildie to make one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]