I guess public office is out now..

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Oh well!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49313145/ns/us_news-weird_news/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yeah that's some stupid bull!@#$ right there. Damn shame this is what our country has come to.

Wonder how many hours a week the average republican Maine senate candidate sits on their %^- living in the fantasy world of god awful modern television.

I guess when you know that your political platform's a dying one, you have to resort to ways to try and bring down the other party that have nothing to do with politics at all.

And it's only going to come around and bite them in the *!@ in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I guess when you know that your political platform's a dying one, you have to resort to ways to try and bring down the other party that have nothing to do with politics at all.

And it's only going to come around and bite them in the *!@ in the future.

You do realize that your statements apply to both political parties, not just the one you don't like, correct?

That having been said.. going after someone's hobbies ain't cool, no matter their political leanings.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I lean conservative on just about every actual political issue out there and have historically supported republican candidates in the past. The crazies in the party who'd rather not talk about real political issues, and instead go after religious non-issues (who also seem to be in the public eye a lot more right now than in the past) is what's killing me.

But I guess my post was just little out of line. But it does seem the crazies are getting crazier.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I lean conservative on just about every actual political issue out there and have historically supported republican candidates in the past. The crazies in the party who'd rather not talk about real political issues, and instead go after religious non-issues (who also seem to be in the public eye a lot more right now than in the past) is what's killing me.

But I guess my post was just little out of line. But it does seem the crazies are getting crazier.

Well, remember which way the media leans on average, that explains why the crazies get so much more media time.

The crazies are indeed getting crazier.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Aileana posted this on our guild FB the other day, I already said I want to recruit that poor woman, bad or not, just so we can be supportive of her.

I should add something intelligent here about the debate but instead I am going to stoop to her opponents level and just call them a bunch of dumb asses!
Reply Quote
This is just plain stupid, someone spending their leisure time involved in a game, or going out hitting the bars, picking up women, getting drunk, wrecking cars, and killing said women in the accident, which do you think should prevent someone from becoming an elected official.

My question is, how'd they get her account name?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Oh they backtracked and said that they had no issue with her being a gamer, but that she was trolling the forums saying she liked to "stab people". She's a rogue, that's what they do!
Yeah, I'd recruit her in a heartbeat myself. I hope all the gamers up there give her some support and get her elected.
Reply Quote
Actually Hearts while I agree that its an idiotic reasoning, I'd rather the gamers look at both candidate's records, determine which they feel is the best suited to represent them in their senate for the next two years based on that rather than a single emotional response.

The other guy has his campaign on Facebook, which we all know is a hot bed of insidious behavior, so if I were her I'd go right back at him wondering how much Farmville veggies he and his campaign staff are racking up.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Only in Maine
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
That's a good point, Black. This was her response:

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/hackers-slaughter-thousands-world-warcraft-1C6337604#/technology/ingame/world-warcraft-playing-candidate-im-real-person-1C6303203

I also must applaud the Republican Blood Elf hunter who supported her :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Lol! Yeah that's typical of politics. I'm not surprised.

People are a bunch of monkey sheep who still freak out over whose make believe god is better, and gay rights are somehow still an issue (whaaaat?). I mean, people still think that Dungeons and Dragons makes people sacrifice babies to Satan. Don't even get me started on the Satanic Panic from the 90's. That was a hot mess.

Someone plays WoW? Not surprised that people will probably have an issue with that.

People are dumb.
Edited by Pändora on 10/13/2012 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
dos dumdums in washton DC wont efen let cows be prasent constution say HUMON but COW wud be bater presdent coz lower tax on cow famr 100% an mak gud 70% tax 2 gift garss 2 cowes, mebee invad ireland coz day got gud garss an iz FUR COW nut DUM IRISH SHEEP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/12/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Behemot
dos dumdums in washton DC wont efen let cows be prasent constution say HUMON but COW wud be bater presdent coz lower tax on cow famr 100% an mak gud 70% tax 2 gift garss 2 cowes, mebee invad ireland coz day got gud garss an iz FUR COW nut DUM IRISH SHEEP.

I agree, cows are much tastier.

Goets taste grous, whele sheep and cow taste gud. We need more garss for cow.

I gift 2.457,200 garss for cow to eet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
ok ty goat fur ur endorsment...

WAIT

IZ TARP

U TRY TRIK COW

BUT COW 2 SMURT FUR DUM BILEE GOT TRIK

RUFL

COW POWA!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
cows+grass=cheese

And that whole issue is just silly. If gaming is a waste of time, what is golf, baseball, poker, bridge, scrabble....

People are silly.

What it really happened is a couple of campaign geniuses thought they could discredit their opponent by making her look 'geeky' and uncool. Because, basically, it still comes down to popularity in many people's minds. "Look, she's not cool enough. She plays games! She can't be your representative!" To justify their approach, they posted what she said about her character online. It was poor justification. It backfired to some extent. I love when campaigns misjudge public opinion.
Edited by Gigglefoot on 10/13/2012 4:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]