rogue pvp

85 Troll Hunter
switching to rogue to mess around on pvp and was wondering what is the preferred pvp spec now a days
Reply Quote
12 Human Hunter
Arms
Reply Quote
18 Human Warrior
10/06/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Crackhorde
Arms
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
We prefer choosing another class.
Reply Quote
I just swapped from my glad rogue to Shadow and Arms, they are 2 of my new favorite specs... considering sin/sub/combat are unplayable in pvp atm.
Edited by Zimax on 10/6/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lol all the rogues wanna reroll warriors...You wasn`t with us shooting at the gym last season
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/07/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Kilth
lol all the rogues wanna reroll warriors...You wasn`t with us shooting at the gym last season

Im just gonna lol
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
10/06/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Crackhorde
Arms

After I kill you I will be smashing my cannibalize hot key.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Rogue get murdered by warrior and are a little used to their OP state of cata so they re-roll warrior.

Kinda like all of these warrior who re-rolled mage during cata.

Rogue still have amazing control but they lost their OP dmg and heals. They will end beeing a good class by the end of the season like next to every season but now they are just going full QQ like if their is no tomorrow.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Rogue get murdered by warrior and are a little used to their OP state of cata so they re-roll warrior.

Kinda like all of these warrior who re-rolled mage during cata.

Rogue still have amazing control but they lost their OP dmg and heals. They will end beeing a good class by the end of the season like next to every season but now they are just going full QQ like if their is no tomorrow.

Explain to me how our control is amazing especially with CCs handed out like candy?
Reply Quote

Explain to me how our control is amazing especially with CCs handed out like candy?

smokebomb, cheap shot, gouge, sap, kick, crippling poison, kidney shot, blind, dismantle.

Rogue do have insane control if you want you can complain about the lack of burst/sustained dmg but claiming rogue lost their good control is just false.

Sure a few class gained some pretty good CC but mage and rogue still the master of control in PvP.
Edited by Venur on 10/7/2012 2:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

smokebomb, cheap shot, gouge, sap, kick, crippling poison, kidney shot, blind, dismantle.

Rogue do have insane control if you want you can complain about the lack of burst/sustained dmg but claiming rogue lost their good control is just false.

Sure a few class gained some pretty good CC but mage and rogue still the master of control in PvP.

Warrior: Piercing howl/staggering shout, intimidating shout, 20 second cone shockwave, 12 second charge, pummel, disarm, and hamstring.

DK: Pet stun, x2 death grip, chains of ice, remorseless winter, strangulate, mind freeze, and chilbanes.

Feral Druid: spammable cyclone and root, pounce, Natures grasp, maim, typhoon, infected wounds, skull bash and bear bash.

Paladins: HoJ, repentance, Rebuke, Turn evil, and Seal of justice.

Etc.

Compare that to all the other melee CCs ours require full CP (ramp up & sacrifice dmg), 3 min CD SB and blind, sap requiring invis with target needing to be off combat, positional requirement gouge, and unreliable RNG slow (with the increased CD of shiv).
We no longer are the control class. They do it so much better with so much more ease.
Edited by Creepercat on 10/7/2012 2:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
And none of these class have the control of a rogue (charge is an uptime tool not a control skill)

Are you trying to say that DK are a control class 0_o

If your claiming that any of these class have close to your control your in a delirous state.

Claiming rogue CC is the only one needing a ramp or beeing on high CD your clearly missinformed.

If you think a DK have more control then you in an arena you clearly need to L2P.

Also I doubt you'll see many high rated warrior with shockwave, DR is just too good to score a kill. And well many of the "control" tool you've listed aren't a core skill and aren't always piked up.

if you can't use gouge its a player skill problem, not class related. Want me to point show you high rated PvP video ?
Edited by Venur on 10/7/2012 2:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
i feel like im holding the daggers backwards
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
sub seems to be good but i like mut
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I'm dabbling with both atm and sub is pretty good or at least close to where it should be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Arms

Seriously though, this is like the worst time ever to switch to rogue for PvP. You're posting on a hunter - I bet you'll have 100% more fun if you level the hunter to 90 and go BM for PvP.
Edited by Antipathous on 10/7/2012 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Druid
10/07/2012 02:01 AMPosted by Venur

Rogues didn't lose control, but warriors are now on par with/have better control than rogues with less set up and some of it being aoe. It wouldn't be as bad if they also didn't have more mobility, survivability, and damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]