i dont get all the console wars >.>

90 Human Warrior
i have a ps3 and a 360 (console wise this generation). last gen was a ps2 and orig xbox
i have both consoles for a reason, i cant get resistance, killzone, god of war etc... on xbox (sony exclusive stuff) and same thing for xbox(no gow,halo,forza etc.. on ps). i dont get all the console hate, or hating halo if you are a ps3 guy who has never played it.

i had n64 wayy back a long time ago, im not new to this
Edited by Gargaronsis on 10/6/2012 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
People like to pretend that just because a console is their favorite that it's also the best. Or maybe it has their favorite franchise so that makes it better. I had lots of friends who are halo and GoW fanboys who bashed ps3 just because.

Personally i've owned ps2, xbox, gamecube, ps3, 360, wii as well as n64, snes, and atari. Hell i even have a dreamcast under my bed for some reason.

So i have no allegiance to any particular console, i'll usually get a certain one because it has a games i wanna play. I didn't get a ps3 until about a year ago and that was mostly because i wanted to play MGS4.

Console developers benefit from having a legion of dedicated fans. It's basically free marketing.

But who cares about the console wars, pc > consoles! :P

PS: I think the Wii U is fricken stupid. Who the hell wants to used a controller the size of an ipad. I wish nintendo would stop making all this gimmicky hardware. They're really milking the whole dual screen nonsense.
Edited by Tomac on 10/6/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wii U's control pad lets you play the game on it without having to have a dedicated TV. I think that's a HUGE plus. That means, if you can find an outlet to power your Wii U main console, you can play games right there and then.

That said...

All hail, glorious PC gaming master race!

* Hides PS3 and 3DS *
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Console wars are useless and redundant.

Everyone knows the Atari Jaguar is the undisputed king and nothing will ever surpass it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Here's the secret: I tend to buy the gadget that has games on it I like to play. Pretty much simple as that. Or not.

The confluence between the PC and 360 has me a bit out of sorts. I tend to PC, but do like to loll about on the couch and play as well, occasionally. I also have some friends who have 360s, but refuse to buy decent computers (or are just flat out scared of them for some reason). Complicates things a bit. Sometimes choosing between 360 and PC isn't as easy as it looks.

As for other consoles, see the original point. I have a PS2 (good games I wanted to play) but took a pass on the PS3. Essentially, it had no games that first year and cost way too much. When it finally got some exclusive titles that actually looked mildly entertaining, I had pretty much lost interest (and it still cost too much and had lost backwards compatibility). Couldn't justify it to myself.

As for the Wii.../laugh. Yeah, whatever. The New Revolution (Wii U...god, what a stupid name), this one intrigues me. Might have to have one, but still kinda eyeing what games come out on it. Initial releases look kinda sparse.
Reply Quote
former president of Nintendo said it best. "people buy the console to play the games they love" I used to get into console wars when I was younger, now I just don't care. I'll buy the console if it has a game/s I want to play.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/07/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Hotohori
former president of Nintendo said it best. "people buy the console to play the games they love" I used to get into console wars when I was younger, now I just don't care. I'll buy the console if it has a game/s I want to play.

Hehe, I was the same. It was fun at the time as a kid, gave me something to talk about in school, but that was years ago... However, my gaming views are different then they once were.
Day one DLC jokes and poor production value are more of my concern then aged home consoles.
Edited by Nevintsha on 10/7/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Don't understand the content wars????

Go ask a bunch of rednecks which truck is better, Chevy, Dodge or Ford. Or some 1%ers Cadillac, BMW or Mercedes.

you will get answers and piles of bull!@#$ numbers from each party
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Or owners of Acura / Infinity / Lexus arguing with those driving Audi, BMW, and Mercedes that their Japanese premium brands are just as good as them, and German engineered car owners laughing at it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I find the following to be my favourite summary of console wars ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE&feature=plcp
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Don't understand the content wars????

Go ask a bunch of rednecks which truck is better, Chevy, Dodge or Ford. Or some 1%ers Cadillac, BMW or Mercedes.

you will get answers and piles of bull!@#$ numbers from each party

That's spot on! My entire high school (except me and a few others) was entirely made up of Rednecks.
I'll be honest, they were pretty fun to hang around and most were good people, but when you started talking cars, guns, or dip; each seemed to have his own opinion from the other with their very own made up statistics.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not much of a console gamer but my PS3 was a POS dam thing kept over heating for no reason and turning itself off which in and of itself I consider utter BS.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I only get a console if i can play the games of the previous console on the new console. It's why i love the Wii and the reverse-compatible ps3.
Again it's a matter of preference, and i have a PS3 and a Wii because they tend to have more of the games i like to play--open world and not shooting games.
Also Ziryus, you can negate that by keeping it on a semi-open space instead of in a cabinet or on a carpeted floor. I keep mine on a shelf and that takes care of most of the problems and only overheats if i'm playing it for like....6 hours non stop.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
10/08/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Ziryus
I'm not much of a console gamer but my PS3 was a POS dam thing kept over heating for no reason and turning itself off which in and of itself I consider utter BS.

I haven't had any trouble with mine, but i have gone through at least three 360s.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
My opinion is superior to yours. Here's my arbitrary argument.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]