Player becomes Blizzard President for a week

90 Human Hunter
I get the feeling sometimes that the people who create the game don't actually play, because if they did, don't you think a lot of things would change for the better?

Imo Blizzard should allow a player, voted in by his peers, the opportunity to make a days worth of decisions to he improve the game from a players perspective, in place of what you business type folks make for us everyday.

Would be a great pub stunt and in the same breath, a few key issues might be resolved that current high ranking CE's at Blizz currently overlook.

Participants would be able to post a small petition and voting could take place on the forums.

Thought?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Wrote this on an iPhone so apologies for any errors xD
Reply Quote
Switfy for Blizz Pres 2012!!
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
No. We'd just elect the person who promised us the most free stuff, every time.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
There's not a single one of you people I would trust to sweep the floor in the server room, much less run the game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yeah.......... no. no. no

This would be a horrible thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
That would do what every other MMORPG out there tried, but couldn't, do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
10/06/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Crelm
There's not a single one of you people I would trust to sweep the floor in the server room, much less run the game.

...you could trust me!

I wouldn't change a thing.

Well, okay, I would. I'd give us nelves Ysera's model. And make Dark Rangers a playable class. But that's not a lot!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/06/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Crelm

^This, unfortunately.

Also, I believe some of the devs, and definitely the mods do in fact play the game.

Should also be noted that a lot of things have changed for the better, they just haven't changed to suit your personal opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
So you're saying even some of the best players in the game aren't informed enough to change a few things for the better or might, at the very least, bring a new fresh prospective into the office?

Maybe bring light to a few issues that have been unaddressed on the forums?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I'm reminded of a line from the Discworld novels, where Lord Vetinari (the tyrant ruler of Ankh-Morpork) points out that a nearby town implemented democracy, just to have everyone vote to no longer pay taxes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/06/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Meiling

^This, unfortunately.

Also, I believe some of the devs, and definitely the mods do in fact play the game.

Should also be noted that a lot of things have changed for the better, they just haven't changed to suit your personal opinion.

That's not entirely true, but thank you for attempting to s peak on my behalf.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I would decide to swap all of the coffee in the blizzard buildings to decaf.

Muaha

Muahaha

MUAHAHAHAHA
Edited by Pandocalypse on 10/6/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
So you're saying even some of the best players in the game aren't informed enough to change a few things for the better or might, at the very least, bring a new fresh prospective into the office?

Best <> Most Popular, that's the problem here. People would politic it, look at the forums for what people are whining about the most, and offer to change it if they were voted for.

Some things are unpopular, but are the way they are by design. Changing them just because the majority want it changed is not always the best thing to do.
Edited by Alelsa on 10/6/2012 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I would decide to swap all of the coffee in the blizzard buildings to ORIGINAL FORMULA JOLT COLA.

Muaha

Muahaha

MUAHAHAHAHA

Fixed! =D
Edited by Shanndi on 10/6/2012 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Issues on the forums are best left unaddressed. The ideas that float through here (YOURS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE) are so stupid they cause cancer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbT-cW8Zb7o
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]