Wow ....heroic tank....crushed

90 Tauren Druid
I just hit 90... In mostly in 450 gear.... So cue up n get shadow pan heroic..... After the 2nd boss on the spewing trash I got crushed n wipe..... Is my gear that bad?

I reforged best I can
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Spewing trash is rough.

2550 rating is hit cap. Don't reforge into expertise.

For those spewing monsters, you can interrupt the spew. Keep FR up not SD, cycle barkskin and SI as needed.

You can cycle SD with FR based on spell damage or physical.

or well it's what I do.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
archers shoot you with arrows that lay a fire aoe on the ground, and the sha things have a shadow cone type ability too, with those two combined its almost instant death

if u notice ur taking huge damage, its most likely because ur standing in an aoe, kite backwards, and on some cones u can move to the side to avoid them, most npcs wont turn towards u during cast
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Is my gear ok
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Gear is not that important for any of the Mists heroics. They're not that hard. The trick is to use your cooldowns and not stand in the BAD. For this fight, Master Snowdrift, you probably had the issue of standing in front of him while he channeled his 'Fist of Fury'. Just move to the side a little and you won't take that damage.

If you're talking about the shadow spewing trash, a common problem there is the tank jumping down the steps and LOSing his healer. The shadow spray they do hits hard and all you can do is keep them faced away from the group. Use a tanking cooldown or stun them when they spray !@#$ at you.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
if u can Q for it, ur gear is fine, theres a lot of factors that can lead to wipes, neglectful healers alt tabbing out will cause a wipe quickly too, so dont beat yourself up over it
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The shadow spray they do hits hard and all you can do is keep them faced away from the group. Use a tanking cooldown or stun them when they spray !@#$ at you.

Interrupt it, or move far enough back that it's not hitting you. They will turn to face you, but they won't move towards you so you can outrange it.

I prefer interrupting it on the groups with just 1 destroyer, while the group of 3 I back out of (until some DPS decides to be "helpful" and interrupt the spell doing 0 damage :P).

Even with that, the 2 consumers+destroyer meleeing will do pretty significant (for these heroics) damage, so having CDs available for the trash pulls is handy.

10/07/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Prall
'Fist of Fury'

SI through it, use FR to keep yourself up during the cast, /win with ~50k AP. Workable in low gear too :).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Then some douche in group yells.... Do u even have tank gear!

I'm like yea this is it... I have Lotta mastery... I was trying reforged hit n exp
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Made me feel bad. Lol... Cause I'm really a decent tank
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
For that pull I usually pop Berserk and just spam FR when I have the Rage for it. If my healer is really bad I'll use SI as well but it usually doesn't come to that. Interrupting that Spew is really important, it's a LOT of damage.
Reply Quote
Your group may think you're a bit noob, but even now on that trash I typically root the destroyers, pull, then interupts the regen as best I can. DPS should be helping you with interupts, but if you're pugging theres a good chance they won't. Your other option to is just constantly kite them back and forth as the root themselves when they cone.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Paladin
The spew has a range and they do not move while casting, so as a druid you can simply out range it and let your healer top you off.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
K guys thank u.... Yea cause I did a few other heroics n was fine... In scarlet I was actually killing the dps by the alot n surviving easy
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I use disorienting roar on them and spam FR to help out healer. They do a ton of damage. It is interuptable though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Chôsin
I use disorienting roar on them and spam FR to help out healer. They do a ton of damage. It is interuptable though.

This was actually going to be my suggestion. Good luck!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Either interrupt them immediately or back away from them...they cant move while spewing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I noticed until I started getting closer to heroic gear cap that I was incredibly squishy. For that particular pack, I made sure to interrupt, bash, warstomp, and typhoon while kiting away a lot. Helped quite a bit.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I just hit 90... In mostly in 450 gear.... So cue up n get shadow pan heroic..... After the 2nd boss on the spewing trash I got crushed n wipe..... Is my gear that bad?

I reforged best I can

You could use some enchants, they might help bridge the gap in your "squishyness". You're a LW yet haven't taken the time to enchant your bracers, which cost next to nothing to do.

I'd also recommend reforging for avoidance/mitigation stats until you get all your 463 gear pieces then decide if you want to reforge to more DPS stats.

Other than that it's all about how you're managing your abilities and CDs. The trash in shado-pan hurts all the tanks big time though...
Edited by Dûchene on 10/7/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I mean I just CC that trash so....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thank u everyone

ARIELLE I Mold most of my stuff off of u ;)

And as far as enchanting my stuff... I just dinged last night n I will for sure
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]