How to survive a warrior encounter

90 Night Elf Priest
UMMMM... i think its a talent now. i played a long-!@# 2s with resto shaman / feral druid last night and they popped wolves and almost got me. they ended up leaving though. they had too much CC for my CD's + trinket to kill anyone, and we had too many defensive's and instant heals for them to apply pressure with cyclone rotations.

Oh god, just...god...

10/07/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Helicopterer
warriors, lol, i havn't even noticed them in 90 bg's. are you guys serious? i can turn the tide alone in any BG in holy and flag carry. you all need more practice.

Again with the oh god...just...wow...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Or we can nerf mages, bm hunters, and wars (some others need a few utility nerfs too but w/e) and you can stop defending this stupid burst thats being thrown around in arena right now. Just because you enjoy being a stunlocking blanket silencing hulk smash monster, doesn't mean it's balanced. Just like I wont deny mages and BM #&*@#&% hunters need nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Getting geared is the big issue a lot of people talking about getting globaled by warriors when they just pop into BG's and getting wrecked, clearly OP.

With that out of the way I have tested a warriors burst on my self in several duals without pre hotting my self to see if I have barkskin as my only defensive if I can survive. With a warrior popping everything and with just using barkskin as soon as the warrior turns huge the lowest point I got to was 44% out of the three duels that was the lowest I had gotten.

The problem is that they can do that without help on a healer, but then put in the unstoppable burst of a hunter using the zoo and you have the most over powered comp in the game currently.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't understand this post, really.
How is it ok to have the ability to blow up people in seconds?
How is it ok to have insane burst and insane control?
Stuns, fears, multiple cc that don't share dr.

Wtf?

Warriors as well as bm hunters need adjusting.

The difference between them is this:

BM just needs some kind of a mechanism that prevents lynx to be stacked with the rest of cds.

Warriors from the other hand, not only need their burst toned the f#@k down, but also they need their cc abilities toned down as well.

In over all op-ness warriors > hunters.

I hope next patch we'll see the ban hammer hitting hard both of this classes.

And to the op,

Go watch at twitch how even rank 1 players are wtf is wrong with this cause because of this class.

So not only US the NOOBS have issues with warriors and hunters, but also the pro ones.

OK? now go and hide, hope the incoming nerfing do you well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Or we can nerf mages, bm hunters, and wars (some others need a few utility nerfs too but w/e) and you can stop defending this stupid burst thats being thrown around in arena right now. Just because you enjoy being a stunlocking blanket silencing hulk smash monster, doesn't mean it's balanced. Just like I wont deny mages and BM #&*@#&% hunters need nerfs.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
In other words..... "I'm not OP see? You don't need to nerf me!"

Here's how to survive a warrior encounter, really.

Take your pants

Pull them down

Watch as the warrior pops reck and shreds your !@#

Pull your pants back up once you exit the arena

Que up again and hope you don't run into any warriors.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
10/08/2012 02:12 AMPosted by Cezar
I will second that.. Frost DK's hit just as hard as warriors do when the warrior has his CD's up....... Diffrence is the Frost DK does it near 100% the time.

No. We don't. We don't hit nearly as hard, specially w/o CD's. We also die when you drop us below 35% health.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-436SM4Rkxw

Sorry.. but how exactly is this counterable?

If you're trying to use that as a credible arguement, that is beta footage.

And?

They're still doing that much damage currently.

And then become a raid boss once they hit 35% health.

Let me get this through your little 1800 warrior heads:

THAT. IS. NOT. BALANCED.

The warriors that keep defending their state atm keep making themselves look bad.

When your class is OP, you !@#$ and get as much rating as you can before the fixes, like everyone who has a brain, like every Glad etc. does/ever has. Not try and defend it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
10/08/2012 02:12 AMPosted by Cezar
LOL, am i the only holy priest that hasn't been killed by a warrior? hahahahaha what's the big deal really? i have a harder time with DK's.

I will second that.. Frost DK's hit just as hard as warriors do when the warrior has his CD's up....... Diffrence is the Frost DK does it near 100% the time.

Are you joking? Seriously? REALLY? Why do I come on these forums. Blatant misinformation. Get out of here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/07/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Zevahcotineb
I admit, i have blown skull banner, avatar, recklessness, shockwave, berserker rage, DPS trinkets, die by the sword and killed players in seconds.

I've popped Ascendance, Elemental Mastery, Storm Lash Totem, Spirit wolves, Fire Elemental, and Bloodlust and cant kill players in seconds.

Just sayin...

^ This
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
The fact that you need a page long description on how to beat a class in pvp is pretty sad. Most raid bosses require less of a explanation.

Raiding - Now less complicated then facing a warrior! Try PvE today!
Edited by Bellathissa on 10/8/2012 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Interesting on finding a way to counter warrior, but I find the tip on fake casting not actually a tip. The moment we see a cast bar pops up then it's going to be interrupted when it comes to whoever has their interrupt on keybind next to their movement key or mouse buttons.

A better tip would be don't fake cast ever, and spend that time actually moving away to cast safely. I never cast when a melee class is right next to me or a range class within my LoS, whenever I'm playing my holy pally.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
At least with rogues it was a scaling issue. Not seeing that to be the case with warriors at this time and space, but I do feel that they needed buffing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
-Learn to fake cast.

jk pummel silence anyways
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]