Higher level pet abilities not an upgrade?

45 Pandaren Monk
So I got my Lucky Quilen Cub to level 15 and it learned "Buried Treasure" which heals up to 25% of my cub's hp. However my Quilen cub had the ability "Perk Up" since it started out and at this level it restore 271 health and increases the health of your team by 5 per level for 9 rounds.

So 25% of my Cub's hp is 220 hp, so buried treasure would only heal up to 220 hp? That means it'll heal for less, and that's really the only thing this ability does. Perk Up heals more than the maximum of Buried Treasure each time so what's the point of this ability? Am I missing something?
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Cyprux
higher level abilities are not meant to be more powerful.

Pretty much this. It isn't about upgrades, it's about more options to get an ability set that works well with itself and synergizes well with your team.

Edit: In this particular case it's entirely possible that once your Quillen is level twenty five, 25% of its health will be more than "Perk Up" heals for. If this is indeed the case, then you would want to take "Perk Up" if you have alternative team wide heals, as the increased maximum HP would maximize the effect of other heals. On the other hand, if you have another pet that increases a team's max HP, it will buff "Buried Treasure" by expanding your 25%.
Edited by Skorne on 10/7/2012 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]