Vengeance Hotfix

90 Orc Death Knight
10/09/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Ahanss
Possibly very nice, though of course all it changes for me is to make sure I use bear-minimum CDs to survive something if I want the AP.

Oh you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
An excellent end to an excellent post.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
<figured it out, was using bad #s.
Edited by Ahanss on 10/9/2012 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
I was of the impression that all mitigation, including mitigation cooldowns did not inhibit vengeance generation. Is this not the case?

edit: inhibit is a better word than prevent in this case.
Edited by Rijdot on 10/9/2012 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Vengeance is minimizing to 30%, not 33%, there we go!
Explains why I was getting 450k off annihilate too.
CDs aren't affecting it, I was just using bad #s. It appears I've missed a 10% nerf to vengeance AP since those 2%/5% figures were given :P. (after checking armor-reduced physical, all 3 seem to be affected. It's not just the minimum, either,though I was only able to check non-minimum for magic).

I suppose I should edit out some stupid from my other posts, eh?
Edited by Ahanss on 10/9/2012 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
10/09/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Ahanss
It appears I've missed a 10% nerf to vengeance AP

Could that be from weakened blows, since that is the only place where a damage reduction can lower your vengeance gain.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/10/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Mortalitus
Could that be from weakened blows, since that is the only place where a damage reduction can lower your vengeance gain.

Nah, I made sure not to put it up. It also wasn't lowering vengeance gain when I last looked at it (admittedly like 1-2 weeks into 5.0, while still at 85).

The numbers I was using were pretty old though, from the beta class thread in fact (1/7.5 minimum for armor-reduced, 1/3 if not). It's entirely possible they've changed since then and I just missed reading it.
Edited by Ahanss on 10/10/2012 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/10/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Mortalitus
It appears I've missed a 10% nerf to vengeance AP

I thought they fixed this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/08/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Popeward
Does this mean I can kill stuff at a reasonable rate like everybody else while doing daillies?

No, it doesn't prot paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Was dps affected? I haven't been paying attention to mine but it does seem like my vengeance production has been lower lately, causing aggro issues that I never had before.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I cant barely hold agro now, wtf?!?!?
Both tanks started with 100~150k dps tanking Massive attacks, and 2 hours later we were having threat problems and with really suck dps. Stealth vengeance nerf? Hotfix high tank damage?

Before -> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hx93li4lhg9syjzy/sum/damageDone/?s=5677&e=5762

After -> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hx93li4lhg9syjzy/sum/damageDone/?s=13365&e=13495
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/18/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Apöcah

Whatever changes have occurred, this right here is purely, 100% PEBKAC.

I can put out 17k DPS with no vengeance or Revenge procs on a target dummy with my warrior in worse gear than you. That holds single target off ~90k melee, ~110k ranged DPS.

Whatever changes to Vengeance that have occurred have nothing, zero, zilch to do with you holding aggro.
Edited by Rijdot on 10/19/2012 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Whatever changes have occurred, this right here is purely, 100% PEBKAC.

I can put out 17k DPS with no vengeance or Revenge procs on a target dummy with my warrior in worse gear than you. That holds single target off ~90k melee, ~110k ranged DPS.

Whatever changes to Vengeance that have occurred have nothing, zero, zilch to do with you holding aggro.

I'm not sure you understand how people have been attempting Spirit Kings heroic. (and how little vengeance you get while normally tanking them without taking huge spikes)
Edited by Dysheki on 10/20/2012 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/20/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Dysheki
I'm not sure you understand how people have been attempting Spirit Kings heroic. (and how little vengeance you get while normally tanking them without taking huge spikes)

I can put out 17k DPS with no vengeance or Revenge procs on a target dummy with my warrior in worse gear than you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I'm noticing a hell of a hard time holding agro in instances now. Granted i'm leveling but practically over night its impossible to hold anything to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
HMmm ninja nerf has happened, DPS dropped massively for me, like around 1/5th of my usual DPS in vaults.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
has boss hp/enrage time been adjusted to compensate for the lower tank damage?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
10/21/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Plan
has boss hp/enrage time been adjusted to compensate for the lower tank damage?

No. The worst thing thou is the fact that until now only the US realms were affected by that nerf, so u can check the 10man progression and there are 50+ EU Garajal kills and something like 3~5 US kills since then. Spirit kings without tanks dps is a LOT harder, elegon i dont even want to talk about, and Emperor is a completely diferent fight with 2 tanks doing 0 damage instead of 3 tanks topping the logs.

@Edit: im worried about warrior tank's shield barrier, not sure yet if its still worth to use.
Edited by Apöcah on 10/22/2012 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]