Ink Trader Exchange Change

(Locked)

Community Manager
10/12- Update - 10:00 a.m. PDT The rolling restarts today should be applying the Ink Trader to the realms properly. We'll be watching for any additional issues or concerns as well as keep everyone informed should we run into any further issues.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/9- Update - 8:40 p.m. PDT Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

4:26 p.m. PDT *This has been delayed and an additional update will be provided as soon as we have one to provide. Thank you for your patience and our apologies for any inconvenience.

Beginning after the maintenance on Tuesday, October 9, ink traders will be converting from accepting Blackfallow Ink to accepting Ink of Dreams and Starlight Ink will become available for purchase. If you’re still holding on to your Blackfallow Ink, your time to trade it in is running short.
Edited by Nethaera on 10/12/2012 10:00 AM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
Thank God, I can stopping wasting so much money on herbs for starlight ink.
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
Well, that's a short warning.
90 Pandaren Priest
I thought the SW ink trader stopped taking Blackfallow Ink when 5.0 rolled out. Is there a different trader still taking them tonight?
90 Orc Shaman
10/08/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Viktory
I thought the SW ink trader stopped taking Blackfallow Ink when 5.0 rolled out. Is there a different trader still taking them tonight?

All ink traders still take Blackfallow ink. When 5.0 hit there was an UI display error that showed Ink of Dreams as the currency, but it was still Blackfallow what you needed.
Community Manager
10/08/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Korghal

All ink traders still take Blackfallow ink. When 5.0 hit there was an UI display error that showed Ink of Dreams as the currency, but it was still Blackfallow what you needed.

This is correct. We had informed everyone that it would be a week or two after release that we'd convert over. It was in our profession blog write-up here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7349576
100 Troll Warlock
10/08/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Palaurus

not sure if your joking or not but they said long time ago that it would be changed a week or two after release of mop
will there be a patch for this?
90 Draenei Shaman
Are they planning on buffing the Darkmooon Oxen Deck, Relic of Niuzao card?

The card is really really really terrible as it is now. I assumed it was just a error or something.
Community Manager

The card is really really really terrible as it is now. I assumed it was just a error or something.

Not to derail the thread, but are there specific bits of feedback for it you can share (or have?) I can pass it along.
err all I was curious about is if this is a hotfix or an actual client patch?
89 Worgen Mage
10/08/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Nethaera
Beginning after the maintenance on Tuesday, October 9, ink traders will be converting from accepting Blackfallow Ink to accepting Ink of Dreams and Starlight Ink will become available for purchase. If you’re still holding on to your Blackfallow Ink, your time to trade it in is running short.

now if only we knew what time frame tomorrows maintenance was. 6 hour, 8 hour, rolling restarts, ect ect
90 Tauren Paladin

Not to derail the thread, but are there specific bits of feedback for it you can share (or have?) I can pass it along.

I believe he is commenting on how all the other Darkmoon fair cards give static stat increases along with a proc chance, where as Relic of Niuzao only has an on use effect for dodge with no other bonuses it seems rather lack luster when compared to the other trinkets available
100 Night Elf Druid

It has no base stats and an on use dodge cooldown. Horrible trinket is horrible.
90 Draenei Shaman
Respectfully, the on use (1 min CD) 8871 Dodge (10%@ lvl 90) for 12 seconds with no static stats is hardly attractive for many fights.

Surely not worth the trouble of collecting cards for, unless your just hoping for an item level buff or something.

It desperately needs a buff to even be viable in the first tier imo. When I first saw the trinket I assumed it was an oversight or possibly a tool tip problem.

Thank you.
Edited by Codeine on 10/8/2012 1:47 PM PDT
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
10/08/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Fulgora

not sure if your joking or not but they said long time ago that it would be changed a week or two after release of mop

I'm not into Inscription, so I was not aware of this. My bad.
91 Draenei Death Knight

It needs a static stat on the trinket to be worthwhile. Historically the tank cards have been pretty bad, but this one takes the cake.

Static Stamina or Mastery would make it worthwhile.
5 Gnome Mage

I think the best way to look at it is there is not "burst damage" that must be dodged to allow such a bad trinket to be in a tanking slot. Even when burst happens where dodge or mitigation would be good, it isn't even avoidable (Magic damage).

No reasonable tank is taking this trinket, and is only being used as an artificial ilvl booster, especially because every single other tanking trinket is better right now. (Even regular dungeons and heroic dungeon tanking trinkets are preferred over this). I can crunch numbers if need be, but a about 10% dodge increase for 10 seconds every 1 minute just doesn't measure up to other stats that give reformable stats or even stam.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]