Ink Trader Exchange Change

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
so they can change the stats of a garbage trinket in an instant that screwed over tons of people out of thousands of gold on the AH... but changing an ink trader takes an entire day? Seems like blizzard was less prepared for MOP than the people that play the damn game.
10 Tauren Shaman
10/09/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Paladiná
Guys, I still can't see where to exhange the ink? At the normal vendors - its all still Blackfallow and Inferno Ink..

...reading is hard.
90 Troll Shaman
Kind of sad we're this far into Tuesday without it. When I say it wasn't available I looked for answers, saw it hadn't made it in for whatever reason, and figured it'd make it in shortly.

That was like...8 hours ago or so. Not sure what really holds that back. I don't know coding, but this doesn't seem like it'd be hard to find like figuring out how to fix an exploit, bug, or something to that effect.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
10/09/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Chairmanpao
No, the cost to make doesn't drive the price, the limited supply does.

and the 10 inks are hard to get right now, once they become much easier to get, if you have been saving up scrolls (as most of us have) you'd have more then enough to spam the auction house, the scrolls aren't holding it off, the ink is, once it is easier to obtain the price WILL drop, by my guess is anywhere from 20%-50%

just wait and see, less then 24 hours after this goes live the price will start to decline.

There may be some drop in prices but realistically even if you are paying over odds for herbs you still make a decent margin on a card. The limiter is the Scrolls. That said the price has additional factors in it, if prices are artificially high because people will pay anything they can for limited supply then prices will drop dramatically when there is a price increase but that is not currently the case, from sellers and buyers I have talked to prices are reasonably consistent across a variety of servers and as such the price is more of a compromise to its rarity and value which will means only panic selling will likely generate large sales decreases.

Basically there is a fair value cap on DMC and demand outstrips supply at this point so unless demand is met prices should not react too negatively to the increase in supply (scope of supply increase is capped by scroll availability).
12 Blood Elf Warrior
10/09/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Zillá
Lies .... You Lie ....Blizz Lies ....never trust anyone in a top hat or posts in Blue.

Potatoes!
1 Human Priest
Each post made that isn't blue makes this thread LESS useful. Swallow your pride, bite your tongue, and let THEM tell us what's going on. Some of us are interested in NOT the drama.
90 Draenei Shaman
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Community Manager
Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.
1 Orc Rogue
10/09/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Doubledare
Once again a Darkmoon Mists Card requires One Scroll of Wisdom and 10 Starlight Inks to make? So if the price of Starlight Inks go from 350g ea to 50g ea isnt it inevitable the price people are willing to accept for a Darkmoon Card will fall?

No, the cost to make doesn't drive the price, the limited supply does.

With majority of people here saying they are sitting on 40+ Scrolls of Wisdom waiting for Ink prices to fall before they start cranking out cards, dont you imagine lower ink prices and the cost to make a card will now drive prices lower or does common economic sense confuse you?

Again most of the people complaining here are people that have a stockpile of Scrolls of Wisdom but dont want to spend the ~ 3K in inks it takes to make a card. Once the cost to make a card drops then the value of the cards drops likewise.
90 Orc Shaman
10/09/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Nethaera
Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.

Well its good they are testing first... id hate to trade in all my inks and have it bug out losing half the mats
Edited by Yapsonark on 10/9/2012 8:42 PM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
10/09/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Yapsonark

Well its good they are testing first... id hate to trade in all my inks and have it bug out losing half the mats

If only they could have known they needed to put this vendor in sooner. And maybe had some beta testing for it. Oh well. If wishes were horses Ghostcrawler wouldn't need to promise us ponies.
12 Blood Elf Warrior

Take your time good sirs, there be no rush upon you to bring this out just yet.
We will perservere
90 Worgen Hunter

Which is why this should have been done long before the Darkmoon Faire was underway... Can you at least tell us whether it will be in before the end of the fair?
90 Orc Shaman
10/09/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Xeios

If only they could have known they needed to put this vendor in sooner. And maybe had some beta testing for it. Oh well. If wishes were horses Ghostcrawler wouldn't need to promise us ponies.

I'm just looking at the glass half full :P
90 Orc Warlock

I'm just looking at the glass half full :P

Don't do that, they'll nerf the glass AND the water.
1 Human Rogue
It would have been SO much simpler if you made it available with the release of 5.0 or with the release of Mists, as usual.
90 Orc Shaman
this is actually a good thing, they're just having technical difficulty's.... I feared they would postpone till next tuesday.

Phew' O_O'
Edited by Yapsonark on 10/9/2012 9:05 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/09/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Jdrockefella

Take your time good sirs, there be no rush upon you to bring this out just yet.
We will perservere

This is a blizz employee posting either that or a blizz fanboi.

I paid $40 for the game and $15 per month, I have a right to be angry that I am being screwed over. Inscription only really makes money at the beginning of an expansion and three of the days the DMF is out have been unable to trade inks and make cards. Need to make gold that will last the entire expansion in this week and blizz is dropping the ball.
90 Orc Shaman
10/09/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Wyndstrom

Which is why this should have been done long before the Darkmoon Faire was underway... Can you at least tell us whether it will be in before the end of the fair?

Also, would you consider extending the Faire an additional day or two in compensation?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]