Ink Trader Exchange Change

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
As long I get to trade in my inks before the DM Fair is over, I won't be too upset.

I have 2 of my scribes and 6 friends working on this project though. In an absolute worst case, I would hope they extend the fair. We all have a lot of our cash tied up in this investment. If inks don't come through this month, many of us are going to be financially stressed.
59 Goblin Shaman
10/09/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Irocain

Jesus Christ... How do these things still happen to you guys, after 8 years of being the top dog in the market, is beyond my comprehension.

Because as long as humans write code it will never be perfect?

/lol

Well played, sir.
90 Human Rogue
10/09/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Nethaera
Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.

Just - please get it done before Saturday.
90 Gnome Priest
10/09/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Nethaera
Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.

This is definitely a front to push this back to after the fair ends... i call BS... can smell it a mile away. Why not just openly say you'd rather wait so the amount of relics is limited? lolz...i program, those ink traders are not tied to anything more than a few lines of code and they run independently when you click on them. Its as simple as copy n paste over one of the other types of ink in the coding and the same thing for the trading ink >.> how can this require extensive testing?
90 Goblin Rogue
This is very important for those of us farming Darkmoon cards and the fair is only here for a week. Is there any way blizzard can simply add in one trade in for Ink of Dreams to Starlight Ink, temporally, and then figure out the bugs with the Blackfallow to Ink of Dreams conversion for the rest later?
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/09/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Incorrupt

This is definitely a front to push this back to after the fair ends... i call BS... can smell it a mile away. Why not just openly say you'd rather wait so the amount of relics is limited? lolz...i program, those ink traders are not tied to anything more than a few lines of code and they run independently when you click on them. Its as simple as copy n paste over one of the other types of ink in the coding and the same thing for the trading ink >.> how can this require extensive testing?

Take off your tinfoil hat, it's getting a bit tight and cutting off the bloodflow.
100 Draenei Hunter
10/09/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Wyndstrom

Which is why this should have been done long before the Darkmoon Faire was underway... Can you at least tell us whether it will be in before the end of the fair?

Ya know I'm trying to stay patient here b/c I know crap happens. But this is a good point. Can we at least get an extension to DMF if this doesn't get fixed soon? That's really all most of us want out of this.

At the moment, a lot of us are gonna be pretty darn broke if we can't turn over all this ink soon. I understand, as do many that things break, and all we're asking is that we get compensated the time we're losing. Otherwise we're looking at a HUGE reduction in value for these cards by the time the fair comes around next month.

And despite others acting like it's no big deal, scribes really don't make any money outside of this. It's kind of our one shot deal at making some cash for the next year.
90 Human Paladin
I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question from another thread about the ink traders:

Why did Blizz remove the inks used for DMF cards from the traders (Fiery Ink, Dawnstar ink, etc).

It was always easier for me to trade in my Blackfallow inks for those instead of dealing with RNG for the rare pigments.
90 Human Priest

Jesus Christ... How do these things still happen to you guys, after 8 years of being the top dog in the market, is beyond my comprehension.

When Computers start writing code then it's time to pull the plug and break out the shotguns to stop Skynet.

On to topic I was under the impression that something like this planned ahead of time (I assume it wasn't a spontanaenous Oh I feel like updating the ink trader toady) would have been worked on in the preceeding 2 weeks and even farther back before 5.0 hit so the issues should have been discovered back during those test runs.

Oh well !@#$ happens, Of course the sooner it is updated the happier I would be because this doesn't affect just the cards but the entire herb/alch market because people will not be buying 20-25 stacks of Silkweed/Tea Leaf to make one card per scribe perday to make cards

Edit:Don't make this out to be DMF cards are the only source of income for scribes the BoE shoulder enchants is a very promising market. I honestly wonder why they didn't gate the Epic enchants like they did with some enchants, Spellthreads and I assume Leg Armor(not 100% sure either way on LW stuff TBH)
Edited by Larndorn on 10/9/2012 9:50 PM PDT
90 Gnome Priest
10/09/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Cursed

Take off your tinfoil hat, it's getting a bit tight and cutting off the bloodflow.

If I could have written in smaller text in between the lines of my post post i would have written you a special message ,but i don't think you would have been able to read it...Perhaps you need a tin foil hat too.
100 Orc Warlock
You know what they say: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor ... uh... Potatoes!!!

Aw crap. I messed it up. If only I had prepared this post in advance and made sure it was right! Everyone stand by while I attempt to hotfix.
98 Gnome Priest

I'm with this guy.. you already had mop inks in the game previously (before mop was released) and now suddenly you can't do it? No need to lie.

You know what they say: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor ... uh... Potatoes!!!

Aw crap. I messed it up. If only I had prepared this post in advance and made sure it was right! Everyone stand by while I attempt to hotfix.

LOL
Edited by Lyconis on 10/9/2012 9:53 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Priest
Oz
No one is being screwed over. Playing the Darkmoon Faire card production game is always a gamble of sorts for one reason or another. I almost got majorly screwed from cashing in 30 decks a few years back when they changed the DMF from being Monday to Monday to Sunday to Saturday. (They hadn't announced the changeover in any patchnotes. I just happened to be lucky and cash them in minutes before watching the fair mysteriously disappear around me. My competition ...wasn't quite so fortunate that month....sigh...that was a good month. I was the only one with trinkets to sell.)

Serious players in this particular market have been buying herbs at whatever the going rates have been and milling their little hearts out in order to guarantee a supply of Starlight Inks for their card needs since Day 1 of MoP. Those are the players with multiple scribes who've each produced at least 14 cards per character.

Those of you sitting on 14+ Scrolls of Wisdom in your bags went in a different direction, probably milling a bit, using up whatever Starlight Inks you created on shoulder enchants to sell and gambled heavily that the ink trader would be updated for the first DMF allowing you to make use of the Ink of Dreams you've been hoarding.

If the ink trader ~doesn't~ get updated before the end of the fair, the sell value of the cards/trinkets will remain higher longer. Which means that prices for the second fair will have a chance at remaining lucrative. That means you'll all have at least 21 more scrolls to use making cards with prices that will be comparable to this week's prices.

If the ink trader DOES get updated before the close of this fair, I guarantee you that the price for singles, decks and trinkets will nosedive within a day, as supply will outstrip demand, at least in the short term (Actually, demand will remain high but the number of players who can actually afford a complete deck is finite and will still be a mere fraction of the population at this point in time.) The anxious, unwashed masses will treat their cards like glyphs and race those prices into the basement.

Rather than spending all your time here refreshing the page or posting comments berating the efforts of a helpful Blue poster who's trying their personal best but doesn't personally write the code themselves, why don't you all go back into the game, buy some friggin' herbs and mill yourself some inks and produce some cards, so you're covering your bases, in case the vendor doesn't get the hotfix?
90 Orc Death Knight
10/09/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Irocain

^
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]