Ink Trader Exchange Change

(Locked)

41 Troll Warrior
10/10/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Nethaera
As I stated in another thread, what may seem simple may often be more complex than you might think. The game is very complex in nature with a lot of moving parts. A "simple" change can cause a chain reaction that has unintended (and often bad) results. We'd rather implement something as close to perfect (if not perfect) as we can than cause more unforeseen issues.

I would believe this for some/most issues, but give me a break.

I mean, there's QQ and then there is a 24 page thread of players who are getting completely shafted. Makes me sad. Ah well, time to continue exploiting this mess to the tune of about 2k gold per hour!

Keep the vendor down. I'm probably making far more money with completely inflated card prices being grudgingly paid by the high end guilds on the server. Who cares about the proles, amirite?
90 Worgen Death Knight
I hope this doesn't get hotfixed until after the faire ends. I get enough ink by farming herbs JUST doing dailies every day. It's incredibly easy, and if anything you could spend 1k and easily have enough.

Whining children wanting everything handed to them, get out.
100 Night Elf Druid
10/10/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Knobblin
I'd like to know how all these people who have said they were going to make 500 cards got all their scrolls of wisdom from. I mean you are only guaranteed one per day (although you can get a couple more through luck and SoH turn-ins).

Well I have more than one scribe... so that's probably how.
90 Goblin Priest
True, but even if you had 3 scribes there isn't anybody that'll be making 500 cards as soon as they have the starlight inks. They could have 10 scribe alts and they still aren't coming close to that #. lol
90 Tauren Paladin
Maybe had Blizzard just let it change when Mists goes live or last week, they wouldn't be scurrying at the last minute trying to fix a problem they caused.
1 Orc Rogue
10/08/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Nethaera
Beginning after the maintenance on Tuesday, October 9, ink traders will be converting from accepting Blackfallow Ink to accepting Ink of Dreams and Starlight Ink will become available for purchase. If you’re still holding on to your Blackfallow Ink, your time to trade it in is running short.

There was no lie here. It did not say during the maintenance. it said Beginning after the maintenance and it said "will be converting". Time is running short but it did not say how long.

Read into the statement and it seems to be more intended as a warning that after the DMF the ink trader would be updated. Otherwise it would have said part of the maintenace ink traders will convert not will be converting. Blizz was just doing their part to warn people that time to trade in Blackfallow ink was critically low. Lot of players dont read the forums or other websites yet will read any patch notes after a patch.
100 Night Elf Druid
10/10/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Knobblin
True, but even if you had 3 scribes there isn't anybody that'll be making 500 cards as soon as they have the starlight inks. They could have 10 scribe alts and they still aren't coming close to that #. lol

True. So those people are probably exaggerating. With two scribes (only 1 at 90 with the chance for SoH and scrolls from daily caches) I'm only making about 4 a day.
100 Human Paladin
10/10/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Knobblin
I'd like to know how all these people who have said they were going to make 500 cards got all their scrolls of wisdom from. I mean you are only guaranteed one per day (although you can get a couple more through luck and SoH turn-ins).

Probably from having multiple scribes.
1 Orc Rogue
I hope this doesn't get hotfixed until after the faire ends. I get enough ink by farming herbs JUST doing dailies every day. It's incredibly easy, and if anything you could spend 1k and easily have enough.

Totally agree here. Why should those of us that are willing to pay 250g to 350g per starlight ink for a total of 2500g to 3500g per card now have to suffer with trinket costs when the cost to make a card plummets to 75-150g per card. That is a steep drop for the first DMF.

Your options are:
a) Go get herbs and start milling on a toon with guild perks
b) Buy herbs off AH, mill for starlight, save Ink of Dreams
c) Buy starlight ink off AH
d) Wait until Saturday and see if Blizz changes vendor by then
e) Wait until next faire when definitely the vendor will be changed and DMF cards will trade at 250g ea and buyers will quibble with you over 25g.
f) Sell your Mists CD to people that are willing to fork over Starlight Ink (mats) for 1.5K-2K per pop.
100 Night Elf Druid

Totally agree here. Why should those of us that are willing to pay 250g to 350g per starlight ink for a total of 2500g to 3500g per card now have to suffer with trinket costs when the cost to make a card plummets to 75-150g per card. That is a steep drop for the first DMF.

Your options are:
e) Wait until next faire when definitely the vendor will be changed and DMF cards will trade at 250g ea and buyers will quibble with you over 25g.
f) Sell your Mists CD to people that are willing to fork over Starlight Ink (mats) for 1.5K-2K per pop.

The price will not plummet to 250g a card. That's ludicrous. At the end of the last xpac I was still selling decks for $8 to $10k... So the price might drop to $1k per card but who cares when the ink is easier to attain. Then again I farm my own herbs so I don't have to buy ink to make my cards... lower overhead I guess makes me not upset about this.
Edited by Leilana on 10/10/2012 9:16 AM PDT
90 Tauren Warrior
deleting my angry post.

change the ink trader you bastards.
Edited by Sunder on 10/10/2012 10:51 AM PDT
90 Goblin Priest

Your options are:

The price will not plummet to 250g a card. That's ludicrous. At the end of the last xpac I was still selling decks for $8 to $10k... So the price might drop to $1k per card but who cares when the ink is easier to attain. Then again I farm my own herbs so I don't have to buy ink to make my cards... lower overhead I guess makes me not upset about this.

Here's the thing. Card prices still won't see a drastic drop in price because you are still bottlenecked by how many Scrolls of Widsom you have. Since those are a crafting mat for the cards, ink prices will have a significant drop and cards will drop some as well. However, the drop in card price won't be severe due to the crafting mechanic.
90 Human Paladin
Of course you could always try the approach that Sunder is taking. I'm usually not that aggressive but blizz should have planned ahead.
90 Goblin Priest
Servers just went down so maybe it's being implemented now.
1 Human Priest
I just had to update my client. Yet this was not fixed. Does this mean whatever was just updated was given the green light because the ink debacle isn't going to be fixed soon enough to have waited to just push it all at once?
Community Manager
10/10/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Karasummon
I just had to update my client. Yet this was not fixed. Does this mean whatever was just updated was given the green light because the ink debacle isn't going to be fixed soon enough to have waited to just push it all at once?

It was for this small patch - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794872596

Which was to address a different issue.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Something about this doesn't pass the sniff test. If they could change the ink trader over too soon, and then change it back, why is there such a problem changing it back again. It's not logical. Not that much in WoW is logical.
85 Night Elf Druid
So they patched the game but did not fix this and still have not told us when to expect a fix. What a shame. :(
91 Goblin Priest
Lmao, what a slap in the face, yea we fixed something else, nothing to see here.
90 Troll Druid
The ink vendor should have been updated when MoP went live. People had an entire month to get rid of their ink. They didn't need an extra two weeks.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]