Ink Trader Exchange Change

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Turov
i bet the ink traders will change over the day after Darkmoon ends /sigh

Looking more and more like the plan, yep lol. Oh well.
80 Draenei Priest
I am just glad I didnt dump my main's herbalism yet. I was gonna Monday night for yet another scribe but decided to hold off. At least I can still farm Fool's Cap until they figure things out. Still sitting on 2500 IoDs but my main is a druid so farming at 90 is definitely not bad at all. Ive put together 6 decks so far (3 Ox, 1 tiger, 1 crane, 1 Serpent) and hopefully I can finish up my last 3 before the end of the faire.
100 Gnome Mage
Any update?
90 Undead Mage
This should have been released with MoP itself. What they have done is stupid.
75 Night Elf Warrior
10/08/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Betadruid
Ugh oh. *races online to cancel his auctions of ink*

Uh, his?...
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/10/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Maotai
i bet the ink traders will change over the day after Darkmoon ends /sigh

Looking more and more like the plan, yep lol. Oh well.

Of course this is the problem they are having. I am sure someone wanted to go along with the original plan and patch in the Ink trader change and someone higher up said no.

So now they just need to wait a few more days and find the magic fix and patch it in after Darkmoon is done.
90 Orc Monk
Vex
So where does everyone farm there herbs? I'm a Herb/Miner and I go to Tu Shen Burial Grounds because the spawn rate is so fast in the area and there's plenty of nodes
90 Gnome Priest
Here's my 2 copper,

If you don't have this implemented before the darkmoon fair ends, then the ONLY...and i mean only...way you can prove that this isn't just a big bunch of BS is to extend the darkmoon fair. Otherwise if it comes after the fair ends and you do not extend it it will prove beyond a doubt that your intention was to delay it till after the fair all along and this non-sense about a hot-fix has just been a big lie all along to cover your true intentions. I look forward to either seeing it before the fair, seeing the fair extended if not or Blizzard apologizing for what will then be clearly a lie to the community.
85 Human Rogue
10/10/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Handjab
So where does everyone farm there herbs? I'm a Herb/Miner and I go to Tu Shen Burial Grounds because the spawn rate is so fast in the area and there's plenty of nodes

Kun-lai summit, just circle mount Neverest and you'll find tons of herbs and even golden lotust.
90 Tauren Druid
the only reason i could possibly speculate, and therefore logically assume without reserve, why blizz would not at least put up a temp dreams -> starlight ink vendor in say, shrine, would be to delay until darkmoon fair is over to really milk content as much as possible. any "technical hurdles" would be side stepped while they're tackled, and would still give the inscriptographerites better access to their mats. i find it hard to reconcile the difference of difficulty between implementing such a temporary vendor, and throwing up test vendors on the PTR seemingly on the fly. ego has not evoked this hubris, rather, it has been nurtured diligently with motes of deception and calculated, sly adumbration from blizzards CMs and PR politicians.
I guess my thoughts are you knew you wanted this change to take place at some point. was it really not tested well enough prior to this? like maybe sometime during the beta or something.
90 Human Death Knight
Why not create a new vendor that only sells Starlight Ink for Ink of Dreams, 10 to 1, and park it in the Darkmoon Faire area, as a stop-gap until the proper vendors can be fixed?
90 Human Death Knight
10/10/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Handjab

Briny Muck for Fool's Cap, because it mills for twice the misty pigment.
90 Human Rogue
10/10/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Nikolos
Why not create a new vendor that only sells Starlight Ink for Ink of Dreams, 10 to 1, and park it in the Darkmoon Faire area, as a stop-gap until the proper vendors can be fixed?

This plus ink of dreams -> blackfallow ink would be a suitable band-aid if it is not too difficult to implement.
Another solution would be to have an NPC from the fair stick around to collect darkmoon decks after the rest of the fair has left town.
6 Orc Shaman
I hope this doesn't get hotfixed until after the faire ends. I get enough ink by farming herbs JUST doing dailies every day. It's incredibly easy, and if anything you could spend 1k and easily have enough.

Whining children wanting everything handed to them, get out.

I'm trying to make the decks for our guild's raid team... and i have over 500 of the ink of dreams in my bank ... and we don't even have all the cards to make one deck yet. by the time the next DMF rolls arround there will have been better trinkets from the other raids and such so they will be useless... but for starting raiding they are nice. it just sucks that the dreams pigments drop so much... if anything they should nerf the drop rate down if they are not going to let us trade them in.
90 Worgen Druid
im in the same boat i want to make decks too for raiding.
i have about 400 ink of dreams and nothing to do with em
90 Human Paladin
Officially ran out of space on my alt characters and their gbanks for the inks I'm getting, and have resorted to storing them in the mail. I'd really, really like to see this implemented before the faire leaves town... not only to make a decent amount of trinkets but also because there really is only so much room for the materials we're making.

This is something that, in my opinion, should have had a timely (if not priority) fix, given inscription is a major profession in the early expansion and provides much needed trinkets to players whom have little to no competitive option for said slot otherwise.

Another update would be nice - though it should at least give us an ETA on when a serious issue like this is going to be fixed. Finally, to Nethaera, I appreciate what you do in giving us at least something of an answer. While it's not what we want to hear, that's not your fault and your effort is appreciated nonetheless.
100 Night Elf Druid
I just would like an eta.. I know blizzard has a massive problem with SOON.. but even an overestimation would be nice. 1 Month 2 weeks.. whatever.. Just not we are not sure.. Would calm a lot of this crap down.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]