Ink Trader Exchange Change

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
Thanks for the warning.
90 Human Rogue
There is nothing on the Service Status forum about maintenance on Tuesday Oct. 9. You may want to nudge someone to post it?
Yes I am curious to know the times..
90 Dwarf Warrior
Don't really see why the previous expansions ink can't remain tradable as well (for all Inks below it).

As for the other discussion about the DM tank card - I think it's a classic case of trying to make a one card to fit all tanks prob as when u do that you always end up with a dodge trinket.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Where is the post regarding maintenance? Some of us Oceanic users have an evening to plan.

EDIT: nvm its up
Edited by Kanadei on 10/8/2012 5:09 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
That's great Blizzard! Now how about you take a look at PvP for once..
90 Tauren Hunter
Cool beans. My bank is getting swamped with Ink of Dreams. This is most timely and welcome.
90 Night Elf Druid
go to hell. I !@#$ing hate it when you do stupid stuff like this. Way to remove the best thing to ever happen to the economy (allow poor people to make money and not have to bot or spend all their time on the ah instead of ENJOYING the game).

I'm sorry, but could you explain your reasoning on why not being able to trade ink benefited poor people? From my experience, with uncommon inks being only available through direct milling, it led to the rich people completely controlling the herb market so they could get more uncommon inks. Now the price on everything will drop, yes; but equally, for everyone. This is also the system that was in place since WotLK when inscription was introduced.

Also, brb, buying all the stacks of Ink of Dreams I can find before people have a chance to take it off the AH.
90 Troll Rogue
Is there any plan to have any additional usage for blackfallow ink, or it's essentially useless after this hotfix
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/08/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Nethaera
Gotcha. I'll pass along the feedback for you.

It'd be nice if Relic of Xuen (agility) could get a small buff, too. It has the longest baseline internal cooldown out of the dps DMC trinkets (55 sec vs. 50 sec (int) or 45 sec (str)), and it has the same chance to proc as the str and int trinkets (20%), but it only procs off of critical strikes (str and int proc on hit).

In full 509 raid gear, most agi specs are only going to achieve somewhere in the ballpark of 30-35% melee/ranged crit while raid buffed, so that's only an effective 6-7% chance to proc per melee/ranged attack. In simulations, this translates to an average proc interval of something in the ballpark of 60-65 sec (depending on spec).

I'm not sure why the agility trinket is being penalized so much compared to the strength and intellect versions. I realize agility is one of the more powerful primary stats, but it isn't that much more powerful than intellect for most casters, and agility hasn't been penalized on itemization for anything else that I know of.
Edited by Purge on 10/8/2012 7:57 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
<3, now I have a great trinket and I'll be rich!
90 Orc Warrior
are you kidding me?? i just bought all the herbs i need to get like 500 blackfallow inks to lvl my profession tomorrow and now i just wasted like 3 k gold.. GG blizzard why couldnt you have told us this a week in advance.
90 Troll Druid
They told us a month in advance.
90 Night Elf Druid
Thank you for this change!

Also, what the others have said about the tank trinket is fairly spot on.

1. It needs a better passive stat (Mastery and/or Stam) in line with the other trinkets

2. Instead of a 10% dodge bonus, it would be a lot better to change it to a percentage dmg reduction for X seconds or Y attacks. (For e.g. On Use: Reduces the damage of the next attack done to you by 50% or On Use: The next 3 attacks made on you deal 20% less damage). Or a straight up, on use Mastery bonus ~ 20-25% to make it worthwhile.

3. 10% Dodge is not that great for lvl 90, especially since magic attacks are not affected by it making this trinket even less situational.

4. If you want to get really creative, you can just put an on-use bubble to absorb the next "X" damage that is incoming.

- Owl
90 Human Mage
I'm new to Inscription and Herbalism. Can someone explain exactly what these new changes mean. What will be the "cost" of Starlight Ink?
Edited by Seven on 10/8/2012 8:36 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
its been hotfixed and nothing was said that it would happen and ppl vendoring the dodge trink got ripped off. Selling price on high pop realm was 6k g and ppl bought them after the fix (the sellers not knowing) and resold for 67-75k

Thanks for screwing us over and not posting it in a blue thread or having the decency to wait till tomorrow's maintenance to address the issue.

Its really a terrible thing to do to your ppl just trying to play the game honestly.

No disclosure seems hardly ethical.
90 Night Elf Hunter
best new of the day!
90 Draenei Shaman
HOTFIXED!!!!

Tanks got a nice Darkmoon trinket now!!!

Thanks a million for passing this along for us.
Edited by Codeine on 10/8/2012 10:16 PM PDT
90 Draenei Mage
Beginning after the maintenance on Tuesday, October 9, ink traders will be converting from accepting Blackfallow Ink to accepting Ink of Dreams and Starlight Ink will become available for purchase. If you’re still holding on to your Blackfallow Ink, your time to trade it in is running short.
go to hell. I !@#$ing hate it when you do stupid stuff like this. Way to remove the best thing to ever happen to the economy (allow poor people to make money and not have to bot or spend all their time on the ah instead of ENJOYING the game).

Do blackfallow inks still make mysterious fortune cards?

Yes.

Does ink of stars do anything useful enough to justify the 1000s sitting in my bank?

No.

10/08/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Eliminate
Is there any plan to have any additional usage for blackfallow ink, or it's essentially useless after this hotfix

Mysterious Fortune Cards

10/08/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Win
are you kidding me?? i just bought all the herbs i need to get like 500 blackfallow inks to lvl my profession tomorrow and now i just wasted like 3 k gold.. GG blizzard why couldnt you have told us this a week in advance.

10/08/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Casa
They told us a month in advance.
Edited by Disgruntler on 10/8/2012 10:59 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]