Ink Trader Exchange Change

(Locked)

90 Orc Warrior
10/08/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Win
are you kidding me?? i just bought all the herbs i need to get like 500 blackfallow inks to lvl my profession tomorrow and now i just wasted like 3 k gold.. GG blizzard why couldnt you have told us this a week in advance.

Not sure if you're trolling. theyve told us weeks ago this was happening. shoulda happened last week imo i have so many ink of dreams sitting in my bank waiting to turn into starlight.
85 Night Elf Priest
1 ink of Dreams to buy 1 Moonglow ink = silly.
This is what I hate about the ink trading, you'll need MoP ink to purchase WotLK ink, now.

I'm still using lower inks to get research (another silly idea) done, because Glyph books don't drop and I'm not spending 2k to buy one. I will miss out on the book glyphs, but at least I can get some glyphs researched.

So fiddle with the drop rate for books, while you're doing this change today, and adjust the trade so 1 Ink of Dreams = 3 Snowfall ink, and we might have something.

Better still, 20 Ink of Dreams = 1 Book of Glyph Mastery wouldn't hurt me in the least.
Please consider it.

Thanks.
Edited by Serah on 10/9/2012 1:18 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Warrior
Will they be giving Scribes a use for Spirit of Harmony? Like the Mystery of the Mysts they had on beta, for extra DMF cards?

As it stands Inscription is the only profession missing the 3 Spirit of Harmony once a day creation lockout workaround. Seems a bit unbalanced.
100 Draenei Hunter
A little more warning would have been good. Glad I did this last week. Time to cash in on the 3,000 Dreams I've been buying...cha ching! :)
90 Pandaren Monk
servers are back up, ink trader still not updated to ink of dreams.
90 Human Rogue
Will they be giving Scribes a use for Spirit of Harmony? Like the Mystery of the Mysts they had on beta, for extra DMF cards?

As it stands Inscription is the only profession missing the 3 Spirit of Harmony once a day creation lockout workaround. Seems a bit unbalanced.

We have the quest "A thing of Beauty" in the Arboretum, where we use 5 Spirits of Harmony, 5 of the Fancy Ink(its name eludes me for the moment) and some parchment, and we're rewarded with a Scroll of Wisdom.
Did you guys forget to update traders? ^^;
90 Orc Warlock
Yeah, this sucks. My damn bank is loaded with Ink and i need to unload it. Whats the deal with the trader?
90 Troll Rogue
sad troll is sad
90 Undead Death Knight
10/08/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Nethaera
Beginning after the maintenance on Tuesday, October 9, ink traders will be converting from accepting Blackfallow Ink to accepting Ink of Dreams and Starlight Ink will become available for purchase. If you’re still holding on to your Blackfallow Ink, your time to trade it in is running short.

Surprise surprise but it's not working. Maintainance is over, has been for nearly half n hour and the traders still want Blackfallow Ink. Well done blizz, almost as good as you trolling us about LFR being up today, which it's not.
85 Blood Elf Priest
maintenance done still accepting blackfellow inc...gg?
90 Human Rogue
10/08/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Nethaera
Beginning after the maintenance on Tuesday, October 9, ink traders will be converting from accepting Blackfallow Ink to accepting Ink of Dreams and Starlight Ink will become available for purchase. If you’re still holding on to your Blackfallow Ink, your time to trade it in is running short.

Why did this not go live? I'm looking at live US realms after maintenance and the ink trader is unchanged - still asking for Blackfallows - no Starlights available for trade. What happened?

BTW - thanks for fixing the Oxen trinket.

Few other things - LFR opens at noon, like any raid lockout. Blackfallows have been discussed about being phased out for a month now. Can we get Blue confirmation that this ink trader ordeal is an oversight that will get (hot)fixed today? Or will it phase in at noon?
Edited by Stede on 10/9/2012 6:38 AM PDT
22 Human Warlock
Surprise surprise but it's not working. Maintainance is over, has been for nearly half n hour and the traders still want Blackfallow Ink. Well done blizz, almost as good as you trolling us about LFR being up today, which it's not.

I agree with the blackfallow part, as they did say it would be in today.

But obviously, you do NOT know how to read - last week they said LFR would be available the 10th, not the 9th.
90 Tauren Druid
Might be wrong, but I think LFR and this ink thing won't hit until 3am SVT (for oceanic anyways)
100 Tauren Warrior
Rushed to sell all my starlight ink on time and at a discount for this mornings change only to find out blizzard will be delaying it another week or some bull%$^#!
95 Human Paladin
So the inscriptionist that relied on blackfallow ink to level can no longer use it? That beautiful blizz why not just force everyone to buy the damned expansion. Some of us are unable to purchase the expansion and i know for a fact that people are aggravated at not being able to use this ink anymore, and not just that, but the holiday bosses and other MoP only stuff now. I feel like blizz seriously dropped the ball on this one.
90 Human Rogue
10/09/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Leighsky
So the inscriptionist that relied on blackfallow ink to level can no longer use it? That beautiful blizz why not just force everyone to buy the damned expansion. Some of us are unable to purchase the expansion and i know for a fact that people are aggravated at not being able to use this ink anymore, and not just that, but the holiday bosses and other MoP only stuff now. I feel like blizz seriously dropped the ball on this one.

It's been like that for the last 2 expansions, and you've have plenty of warning, so I really don't have any sympathy for you guys. There's plenty of old world herbs to farm and buy to level inscription - particularly if you don't have MoP.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Confirming ink traders on Alliance Eldre'Thalas US and Alliance Skywall US are still requiring Blackfallow.
22 Human Warlock
10/09/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Leighsky
I feel like blizz seriously dropped the ball on this one.

How so? The ink trader should only take the common highest level stuff to trade - and guess what, the common highest level stuff is now ink of dreams.

Blackfallow was used prior because the common highest level stuff WAS the blackfallow.
90 Human Paladin
Well. This is frustrating, to say the least. I really had my hopes up that they'd make good on this change, given that the DMF trinkets will be worth half what they currently are by the time the next faire rolls around.

Looks like my scribes sitting on scrolls in anticipation of the change are going to end up with multiple stacks before they make good on their word. :|

Edit: Confirmation on Wyrmrest Accord - Org, SMC, and Two Moons are not offering starlight ink, all others are blackfallow-bought.
Edited by Hassien on 10/9/2012 6:44 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]