Two improvements...

90 Draenei Paladin
I feel these are needed to improve the battle pet experience.

1. Give people a time-out if they forfeit a wild fight to help with the people camping the rarer pets and bailing when the stats don't match up. It sucks to go into a fight with a little semi-rare humanoid knowing their are 3 more up on the minimap going in, and coming out a little over a minute or so later and seeing all of them gone and not a person in sight. Could work it just like the time-out on dungeon ques.

2. Allow trading of wild pets but make everything that is caught be level 1 when captured. I get the idea of not allowing wild pets to be traded because people can sell a level 23 snake they just caught to someone and they could then go on and get all the achievements. It would be easy. But you allow it the hard way by allowing people to sell pets they have leveled that can be traded (vendor, drop, seasonal). So what you are saying is, it's OK to buy a pet and get these achievements but we're going to make those 25 levels have real value... so do it with the wild pets too! Make them all level 1 when caught.

(Or you could give us the option to say "tame this creature" which would make it level 1 and tradeable, otherwise it would stay as a captured wild pet and be untradeable and maintain it's caught level... just a thought).

All this comes down to two issues, they don't have to be handled this way but I'm sure the themes can be ascertained. Addressing these two topics could improve the quality of this whole experience immensely. This first being FAR more important to look at than the second.
Edited by Xst on 10/8/2012 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
8 Human Priest
I don't want to have to buy all the cooler pets off the AH cause they will be permanantly camped by people who sell them for 8-10k each.

Its bad enough my server has an 86% bias toward alliance and so minfernal and onyxia pets have about 12 allies hovering over the spawn point who swoop on me the second I land to kill anything
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/08/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Xst
1. Give people a time-out if they forfeit a wild fight to help with the people camping the rarer pets and bailing when the stats don't match up.

No. Up the spawn rate, or make a forfeited pet stay on the map until it's defeated. I vote for upping the spawn rate so the good ones don't get cherry-picked, leaving nothing but poor and common.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
1. Give people a time-out if they forfeit a wild fight to help with the people camping the rarer pets and bailing when the stats don't match up.

No. Up the spawn rate, or make a forfeited pet stay on the map until it's defeated. I vote for upping the spawn rate so the good ones don't get cherry-picked, leaving nothing but poor and common.

I also say no to the idea of a time out on a forfeit for wild fights. I understand the issue regarding the rare pets such as Minfernal or Giraffe Calf and I say to fix that would be so all the rare pets with a slow timer like that are always rare in stats. At least nothing less than Uncommon so people can actually get a decent use out of them after all the time spent searching.

Ryxl's idea with spawn rate would be good too, but doubt would happen since it would diminish rarity.

Also no to the trade idea because of what Trinnan pointed out. Instead of people moving on when they have their pet people will stay and camp to get more to sell on the auction house. Okay make it to where those certain pets can't go on the auction house but can be traded with friends and such using the trade function. Won't work either since people can use trade chat to sell them that way. You're making what annoyed you with the first issue worse with this suggestion because they won't be camping commons. They'll be camping the pets with long spawn timers.
Edited by Valkira on 10/9/2012 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]