PvP Cowards

90 Undead Mage
If there is one thing I absolutely detest in pvp, it is cowards. Was just in a Twin Peaks and was facing a partially pre-made group. I figured it'd be a tough fight but whatever, the match is lost before it's begun if I just give up. So I ride forward, and cross the river and immediately get jumped by 3 people. I die and as I had turn to run, I die facing the river, and 6 members of my team stopped there watching me die. One of which was a healer. Furthermore; the match continues, I die twice more and after rezing following the third death, I notice 5 people in my GY. We were being grave camped. Now I would understand hesitation but we were being camped by a terrifingly 3 people. A mage, a warlock, and an enhance shammy. So I figure we'll all go down and stomp them into the ground. Not a chance. I go down, my team stays up. They then discussing how they can get away and hide in a corner so that they might try to get some hks from other people without having to actually fight. I notice this can happen quite a bit and it honestly pisses me off. If you intend to go into a battleground, be prepared to fight. Sometimes a tough fight where it may even be considered impossible to win, sometimes an easy one where one can faceroll the battleground. Be prepared for the sky falling, the earth splitting, whatever can happen, but above all be prepared to FIGHT! Despite the objectives and all that can happen, you are there to fight. If you do not want to fight, leave and don't return, because I, and I would not be surprised if others can empathise for my opinion, am done with fighting alongside cowards.

Yûi
<The Brimstone Order>

TL;DR If you are afraid of going into a bg and fighting someone who may be stronger than you, do not go into a bg.
Edited by Yûi on 10/8/2012 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
bit of a wall of text but i think I got some points out of that.... its not cowards really but people who dont come to the aid of a teammate (you) I hate that too... I always try to lend a hand if i see someone on my team getting gang raped by multiple enemies... its just sometimes people will fight on roads far from key objectives and, as much as Id love to help, running off and leaving a node undefended to help someone in trouble far from an objective has had disastrous results for me before....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Quite so Midnight. I could be at one end of the Eye of the Storm guarding with 2 others but if I see that another base is in need of help, and that my own isn't in immediate need of assistance, I feel it only proper for me to go to the teammate's aid. Not just for the team, but for the player. If it is within the ability of myself, or any player, that it will not prove detrimental to the actual game's objective, it seems only right to help.

P.S. Sorry for the wall. When I get ranting, I really get going.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Agree with you man, I think you have to just find a posse you can roam around with!

10/08/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Midnightsunn
its just sometimes people will fight on roads far from key objectives and, as much as Id love to help, running off and leaving a node undefended to help someone in trouble far from an objective has had disastrous results for me before....

A lot of people don't help even if I ride out to aid another objective...Say I am riding from point (A) to (B) to help, a teammate is right behind me as well. On the way to (B)I get jumped by 2 horde...Instead of helping me out, teammate rides by. Those 2 horde kill me, ride on and catch up to the teammate and kill him as well. So now you create a bigger disadvantage of either of us helping point (B). Just because I got caught mid ways doesn't mean I am ignoring the objective or have a choice in the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I see this a lot too, and it frustrates me to no end. It's like some people think if they die in the game, they die in real life.

I was in an AB the other day, and we charge up to LM, about 6 of us. The other team brought a few more people, but a bit of healing and some bloodlust and it's a good brawl. The guy in front of me, a warrior, hits the brakes, turns around, and runs AWAY from LM. We put up a good fight, but ultimately lose.

Later I'm defending farm with him, and one other person. I'm a resto druid, and doing a pretty good job of healing. Two people attack, but it's 3v2, and we start fighting. The DPS I'm with are terrible, and are having a hard time killing them. Two more alliance run down to join the fight, so it's now 4v3 against us. I call out inc, and go tree form, getting ready to use some cooldowns.

This warrior intervenes to me, and then heroic leaps AWAY from the fight, and then hits rocket boots to get even MORE distance. The 4 v 3 becomes a 4 v 2, and we die before backup arrives, so they can cap the flag.

I'd never been so angry in my entire wow life. If he'd have stayed, we could have held the point for backup to arrive. But no, he didn't want to fight a losing battle. He ran.

That's not a bot, that's not even a coward. I don't have a word for that kind of a person.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I've had that happen too Justin. It is the biggest headache. I can't describe how many times I've been trying to capture a node on my own only to be ganked because my teammates have thought it prudent to leave once the flag is burned, thinking I can hold it to capture on my own. Things like that are just detrimental to the team.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You 3 hordies should get together and play together, you have same values. Would be more fun for you.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
I see this happening quite often too.

3 horde and 3 alliance (including myself) charging towards the Twin Peaks bridge.

Suddenly, the two alliance stop dead in their tracks, contemplating whether they really want to fight at the start of the game or not.

I simply run through the horde and 50% of the time they'll let me pass and kill the two cowards behind me. If they decide to root me, I'll put up a decent enough fight that the two cowards (having watched me fight from the sidelines for 30 seconds) join in just to get the KBs.

If the two alliance aren't cowards and charge with me, if one of them gets rooted then I'll stay and help them.

It's annoying that some people have to be inspired to fight, sometimes requiring you to suicide to a mob of horde just so that your allies might feel compelled to dismount and do something.
Edited by Jehoma on 10/9/2012 2:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
32 Pandaren Monk
OMG Cowards are annoying as hell. Especially healers that just watch you die. However, on another note bots are becoming more popular now-a-days. :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
OP, i need to run bgs with you. I dont get why people especially in a group wont try to go toe to toe and fight their way to victory in pvp. mostly i just see people ganking easy kills on both horde and alliance.
I usually see alli ganging up in huge groups of 5-6 to kill 1 or 2 people.
i usually see horde whining about the 4-5 of them getting camped by 2-3 people instead of all rushing in there and steamrolling them.

mainly i think the problem is that Horde lost its pride.

I think all the GOOD horde players left or went alli. personally i'm starting to consider leveling an alli
Reply Quote
22 Dwarf Warrior
As a proud scrub I know whereof Kahzuul speaks. (Yes, proud to be a scrub, because I don't have $10,000 of my mommy's money and 10,000 hours I should be spending attending high school classes to waste perfecting my PvP skills. My lifestyle forces me to be a recreational player.) All the pimply 14-year-olds playing their ridiculously OP panda monks steamroll me time after time in BGs, and most often they make a beeline for me when they see me in greens with no BoAs. The bulk of Hordies in lowb BGs don't play a BG, they farm easy honor. So, yeah, Kah, come over to Ally side and let them see how the other side lives.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If I know chances of dying are high, I'll run away and bandage or eat or something just to go back and fight some more.

But yes there are MANY players who stay on their mount, keyboard turn and stand there....then ride off without even getting into combat.

I was in an AB the other day and I took ST. I was cammoed standing still. I worgen warrior came up...ran around...(stayed on his mount) then left...and headed up to LM. The St wasnt even ours yet, it was in conflict and there was the flag....all shiny and horde appearing...and this guy made zero attempt to retake it. Its the clueless players like that, who are often scared to be killed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Their is a difference between being a coward who runs from a fight and a strategic choice not to engage to help the team somewhere else.
For instance - in your example of Twin Peaks with the bridge, if I was running behind you and noticed that you got dismounted by two enemies and engaged but I had the opportunity to run past to catch the EFC and stop him from either capping or getting into good position.... don't hold it against me if I leave you to 2v1.
If anything, I wish you die with honor like a true Klingon. VaD batlh!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Their is a difference between being a coward who runs from a fight and a strategic choice not to engage to help the team somewhere else.
For instance - in your example of Twin Peaks with the bridge, if I was running behind you and noticed that you got dismounted by two enemies and engaged but I had the opportunity to run past to catch the EFC and stop him from either capping or getting into good position.... don't hold it against me if I leave you to 2v1.

^

I, for instance, rarely heal roads (except, again, as a tactical choice). If people want heals, fight at the nodes, because that's where I'll be.

If anything, I wish you die with honor like a true Klingon. VaD batlh!

lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/08/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Yûi
Not a chance. I go down, my team stays up.

Same here, no point sitting up there. When everyone is whining, I causally make the comment "its a good day to die" and that what I do, lol.

I have been on the side doing the camping and been on the side being camped. Its part of the BG. Most of the guys sitting up there are likely not experienced in how it goes and it freaks them out.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
10/09/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Prescious
when I looked at your profile 2k kills I quit reading

Don't be so quick to judge. ;) Stats and achievements tell us a lot about how much time or effort someone invested in the game and nothing about someone's quality as a player. WoW's not the only PvP game in the world, and almost all of them share similar tactical principles.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]