Sick of "comedians" like Colbert mocking WoW

90 Human Warlock
10/09/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Seclorumordo
See, that I don't mind as much because at least the people who think we're all psycho killers take us seriously, and make us look kind of edgy.

WTF??? You would rather be thought of as a psycho killer than a nerd? You scare me.

I'm going for both, personally. I heard there's an achievement for it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Colbert's comedy style is satire. He is probably one of the most liberal people in america but goes on his show every night and mocks conservatives by imitating them pointing out how ridiculous they are.

So I would not really get all bent out of shape I think his point was more how ridiculous it is that they are stalking this woman on a video game to make the case that she should not be elected into office because she plays games. Or that her actions in wow somehow reflect her real life feelings or views.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
She doesn't use enchants.
Reply Quote
It doesn't look like she's even played since just after Cataclysm launched. I think it's a troll from both sides.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You can watch the segment in which WoW is referenced on ColbertNation.com.

That was hilarious XD

And OP needs to remove the the large stick from his backside >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/09/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Seclorumordo
It doesn't look like she's even played since just after Cataclysm launched. I think it's a troll from both sides.

No one in politics would ever EVER EVER EVER make up a bunch of crap to get attention, let alone make it look like the opposition made something an issue when it was really the campaign marketing team. That would never NEVER NEVER happen.

PS - 11-1 vote that kittens are cool.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I didn't hear Colbert mention any Warcraft terms that the news story he was mocking didn't previously mention. His entire paladin rant was D&D based, and made perfect sense to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/08/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Bedstain
All I'm saying is I wish people would stop acting like WoW is some nerdy hobby for people with no lives and quit mocking it, and realize that the level of skill and dexterity it takes to play at the highest level is just as respectful as something like playing an instrument or being an athlete.

Keep on wishing there, buddy. Keep on wishing.

And that Colbert segment was awesome. I don't know how you could possibly think he's talking down to game players. It's obvious he's a huge nerd himself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Quit crying. Not like he said "The best part of "Bedstain" ran down his mothers leg" or anything. its a comedy show u twit
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
"A violinist has to concentrate on pretty much 1 thing, moving the stick back and forth over the strings in the right way-- something that just comes from repeating the same action over and over."

Wow! Talk about having no clue! Have you ever tried to play a violin? Pretty sure that playing WoW is a hundred times easier.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
If you found that insulting The Colbert Report isn't a show for you because you don't get his jokes, which aren't even that hard to get. At no point was he mocking WoW or its players, the entire bit was a slam on the stupidity of the attack ad launched by the Republican party.

Colbert has always been a bit of a dork and fond of fantasy style games.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

All I'm saying is I wish people would stop acting like WoW is some nerdy hobby for people with no lives and quit mocking it, and realize that the level of skill and dexterity it takes to play at the highest level is just as respectful as something like playing an instrument or being an athlete.

This game requires more time than skill. Once you have a high enough GS, you can go back to keyboard turning and still win in PvP. But seriously dude, it's a game, that shouldn't be taken seriously. Ever. If you were offended by someone mocking your hobby, then you are doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Death Knight
10/09/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Dudebrah
Ridiculously obvious troll is ridic.... Wait... How did this obvious troll get so many people?

The truth is, I don't even believe in trolls anymore! People have s1`

AH THANK YOU KEYBOARD CAT :/

Anyway, people have some crazy opinions and don't seem shy about spouting them at anyone who'll listen anymore.
Edited by Umberlee on 10/9/2012 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
This bedstain fella has to be joking. What a load of ****. Talking about musicians compared to wow. You need to bring yourself down a peg or six.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
WOW!

This guy is a genius! Just watched the video!

As someone from Brazil, I kind of remember the invasion from North Africa thing. I was so glad that the Green Army kept 10 soldiers here to defend us from North African slaughter. It was 25 versus 10, but we did hold our borders, with 4 remaining!

I fully support his opinions.

And I'm baffled that someone don't get his jokes and decides to get all butthurt about it. What's OP's matter? Jesus!
Reply Quote
You do know that steven cobert plays a character on that show right? a majority of the things he says he doesnt actualy agree with. its comedy chill out
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because I can tell you my fingers move a lot faster and a lot more accurately when playing WoW than someone playing a violin. A violinist has to concentrate on pretty much 1 thing, moving the stick back and forth over the strings in the right way-- something that just comes from repeating the same action over and over. With WoW, you have to perform actions with your hands just as fast, but you have to react to many things at once and deal with new situations every day.

...wat.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Id make fun of this game too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just another observation-- I'm a million times better at WoW than Colbert is at comedy, but he's the one getting paid millions of dollars to mock ME and people like me.

this game has, in many ways, transcended the greatest works of art in all of human history, and the best players at it are comparable to greatest artists, athletes, and musicians of all time.

Holy christ...I'm dumber just for reading this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]