Sick of "comedians" like Colbert mocking WoW

90 Human Paladin
The Op seems to consider himself something of an entertainer. If his concern is legitimate, maybe it's because he's jealous that Colbert is more popular and gets more attention than he does?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Giving a comedian guff for *being a comedian* is just playing into their hands anyway. Jon Stewart single-handedly took out three major news networks, and if they try to get serious with him, the entire world goes "WTF, you're going off on the comedian?"

You think you'll make any progress trying to make a point against Colbert's persona?

Just laugh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I didn't care to read this entire thread, because I'm sure everybody is repeating the same thing.

He makes fun of things to make a point. He was actually in favor of WoW and the WoW player. I bet she's become a minor celebrity on her server.

He likened it to playing Risk, Monopoly, and Operation, to make his point.

Obviously, OP, it went WOOSH right over your head.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhuOzBS_O-M
Edited by Geshtianna on 10/10/2012 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
"If they knew the level that I, and many of the top level players around the world, perform at on this game, they would have a little more respect for it."

HAHAHA!! Are you serious? Oh my.. please.. get a girlfriend.. a job.. a friend that isnt online... anything.. you need to step outside of WoW for a bit... even blizzard tells you to do that in their fun fact tooltip hints :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Giving a comedian guff for *being a comedian* is just playing into their hands anyway. Jon Stewart single-handedly took out three major news networks, and if they try to get serious with him, the entire world goes "WTF, you're going off on the comedian?"

You think you'll make any progress trying to make a point against Colbert's persona?

Just laugh.

Watch the clip of Jon Stewart being on Cross Fire on youtube. I see why that show doesn't exist anymore.
Reply Quote
Colbert used to play..........get with the times
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
butttt you haven't even killed rag yet on normal, or even touched ds or mv...how are you a "top" player?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
LOL Awesome. Troll points+1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Bedstain
butttt you haven't even killed rag yet on normal, or even touched ds or mv...how are you a "top" player?

For the record, I've killed normal ragnaros and all of heroic dragon soul, which you can see for yourself in my raid achievements... not that that matters, though. Killing raid bosses isn't what makes me the best, because I don't raid regularly. What makes me the best is that if I do raid, then it's over. I make everyone else look stupid by comparison in any raid I'm in, and have people asking me "how do you play like that?" after it's all said in done. And as far as PvP goes... well, you know how you always see those posts of people complaining that their class is broken? All of them went toe to toe with me in the field of battle and were so outmatched by my skill that they thought their class needed to be buffed. But nope, you can't buff yourself up to my level.

Pffffffft!!! Hahahaha.

Yeah and I'm the Queen of England.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I just state the facts and be myself. I don't have to go on T.V and exaggerate everything about myself like Colbert to get attention.

Dude, seriously, get over yourself. The more you post, the more you come off as a petulant, whining infant.

I honestly have more respect for the mobs I kill.

p.s. Those who feel the need to constantly say "I'm the best" are the ones who least likely actually are.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/10/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Bedstain
You would have respect for me if you watched me play.

No. I wouldn't. Your misplaced conceit has precluded that.

10/10/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Angbund
They eventually brought in reinforcements to the point that a 25 man raid with healers, tanks, and DPSers was following me around while I quested, trying to take me out. I even stopped at one point to take a 2 hour nap, and when I woke back up and got back on, they were still attacking me and I was at 57% health.

Kodo dung.

Tell me, what colour is the sky in your world?

edit to clarify, the second quote was from OP, not the person named.
Edited by Beerskank on 10/11/2012 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/10/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Bedstain

For the record, I've killed normal ragnaros and all of heroic dragon soul, which you can see for yourself in my raid achievements... not that that matters, though. Killing raid bosses isn't what makes me the best, because I don't raid regularly. What makes me the best is that if I do raid, then it's over. I make everyone else look stupid by comparison in any raid I'm in, and have people asking me "how do you play like that?" after it's all said in done. And as far as PvP goes... well, you know how you always see those posts of people complaining that their class is broken? All of them went toe to toe with me in the field of battle and were so outmatched by my skill that they thought their class needed to be buffed. But nope, you can't buff yourself up to my level.

Now I know for certain it's a troll.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
It's all in jest. Why do you think Blizzard endorsed South Park for "Make Love Not Warcraft?" Because it's taken in jest, it's not out to hurt anyone (or atleast you are probably the only one hurt in this case) and, honestly, grow up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]