Sick of "comedians" like Colbert mocking WoW

88 Undead Priest
Blizzard gives us so much to laugh at. Let's take their developers for example...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/09/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Vyndorathran
he's not even funny. now if he was Dane Cook , it'd be a different story

No, Dane Cook isn't funny, either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Colbert is a nerd, probably plays d&d himself if not WoW.

He makes fun of politics and the media sorrounding it. Get over it.

lol, someone is ashamed of playing WoW. Do the kids at school pick on you for playing OP?

Colbert has a very intimate working knowledge of D&D. He's a serious nerd. If you need no other evidence, look up past episodes where he has cast from Lord of the Rings on. He's probably a bigger nerd than most of us.
Reply Quote
58 Worgen Death Knight
You were watching "The Colbert Report"... Self inflicted wound.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Colbert is a nerd, probably plays d&d himself if not WoW.

He makes fun of politics and the media sorrounding it. Get over it.

lol, someone is ashamed of playing WoW. Do the kids at school pick on you for playing OP?

Colbert has a very intimate working knowledge of D&D. He's a serious nerd. If you need no other evidence, look up past episodes where he has cast from Lord of the Rings on. He's probably a bigger nerd than most of us.

Just wait till The Hobbit part one comes out. :P
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Rogue
10/09/2012 06:14 AMPosted by Golkosh
Colbert is the best satirist on tv today.

That is a pretty damn sad observation if true.

I'd bet even Colbert would agree with you on that but I don't have $10,000 to wager.
Reply Quote
57 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Moontech
If they knew the level that I, and many of the top level players around the world, perform at on this game, they would have a little more respect for it.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Bruh, I just bursted out laughing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Dear OP, I remember when I uses to think that the Colbert Report was a real news outlet...then I turned 5.

Colbert Report =best political satyr of the day.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
10/08/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Bedstain
All I'm saying is I wish people would stop acting like WoW is some nerdy hobby for people with no lives and quit mocking it, and realize that the level of skill and dexterity it takes to play at the highest level is just as respectful as something like playing an instrument or being an athlete.

Wow IS a nerdy hobby for people with no lives.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
/checks OP's name
/rude noise
/ignore
/leaves thread
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I really hope the OP was making a poor attempt at humor...

Colbert is a comedian. He was making a joke. Also, WoW is just a game. Even if he was dead serious, it's nothing to get worked up about. It's only offensive if you let this game define you, rather than being a fun hobby.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/08/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Bedstain
If they knew the level that I, and many of the top level players around the world, perform at on this game, they would have a little more respect for it.

No one cares. Not even the people that play the game with you care.

That's the thing I keep trying to tell the hardcore elite: No one cares that you raid X nights a week, have realm firsts, downed a heroic boss because they're all personal achievements. YOU should feel good about it, but other then that - no one cares that you did what you did.

Good on Mr. Colbert. I see he's ruffled a few feathers.
Edited by Dalkin on 10/9/2012 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
10/08/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Moontech

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I hate to say it...but I kinda of laughed too...Considering you are not 6/6 you are not a top player. And the top players in the world probably get laughed at too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ahahaahah, this thread had me in stitches the entire time reading through OP's posts.

Thanks, OP. I rate you my sides/10.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]