Sick of "comedians" like Colbert mocking WoW

Just another observation-- I'm a million times better at WoW than Colbert is at comedy, but he's the one getting paid millions of dollars to mock ME and people like me.

Did you know he doesn't even write his own jokes? He has an entire staff of writers to make up his jokes for him, and he just reads them off a teleprompter. Everything I do on WoW, I do myself. I don't have a staff playing the game for me, but he has a staff doing 90% for him what he supposedly does best. So what do you respect more? Probably him for being a comedian because you've been conditioned to be ashamed and laugh at yourself for playing WoW instead of realizing that this game has, in many ways, transcended the greatest works of art in all of human history, and the best players at it are comparable to greatest artists, athletes, and musicians of all time.

Dude. it's just a video game, bro.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Colbert is a nerd, probably plays d&d himself if not WoW.

Jon Stewart plays WoW. Certainly Colbert knows this and probably has played it himself.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
LMAO at OP...

You actually equate playing wow to playing a violin? You are deluded.

You mash a button, and something happens, I mash the same button, and exactly the same thing happens. There is no talent involved when mashing buttons.

One person pulls a bow across a violin, and makes noise. Another person pulls the same bow, over the same violin, and makes music. You cannot learn talent, you cannot practice talent.

If you think mashing buttons is your talent, I feel bad for you bro. Perhaps you should give this silly game a break, and go out and find your real talents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm from Canada.

Stephen Colbert's making fun of WoW is nothing compared to what he's directed towards us.

And he showed up here and made fun of us to our faces in front of a large mob of sign holders chanting and screaming in the rain.

And we loved it.

BECAUSE WE GET JOKES

You sir, have made me lol.

now,

fetch me thy bag-of-milk.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Me thinks OP does not understand the concept of comedy. South Park made fun of it, but I loved the episode. I think anytime a comedian makes a joke about WoW, it is actually flattering the game. It has achieved what many games only dream of, fame. Not many other games even ever get mentioned in anything. And Colbert only made fun of it because some political douche is trying to use it to smear his opponent because she plays WoW.

But seriously, go look up the definition of comedy. Read some about it on Wikipedia; do some research at the library is you have to. They kind of have to make fun of things. That is the definition of their job.
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Death Knight
I was hoping that story would get picked up and wrung out a bit, I'll go look for a clip of it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I just watched the clip. He's not making fun of WoW. He's making fun of republicans and, to a lesser degree, himself. He mentions very specific details about playing DnD (as a level 10 paladin, not 500 as the OP claims), even mentioning DnD alignments, then he mentions how she can use certain WoW mounts and items in Congress because he's joking about how stupid the republicans in Maine are. He also mentions Risk, Monopoly and Operation just to drive the point home.

Point is, there's nothing that makes fun of WoW. The OP is just trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
+1 for a funny troll. it was amusing
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Hunter
I pitty the fool. Dont care if op is upset or if colberts show stays on. Colberts best moment was a brief moment on sienfeld. Colbert also had a good moment on Jimmy fallon
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Death Knight
rofl "if I ever run for office, I know that's coming back to haunt me" xD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
5/10

Trolling was a little forced and some sentences gave it away.
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Shaman
Many of you probably saw Steven Colbert from the Colbert Report on Comedy Central last night talking about World of Warcraft. Well I just want to say I'm sick of this attitude these "comedians" have about WoW and online games in general, like it's some nerdy thing that shouldn't be taken seriously. Colbert was all like "Imma level 500 paladin in dungeon and dragons bla bla bla" to mock WoW, acting like that's a goofy thing to be.

The context for Colbert bringing up WoW was talking that woman running for congress who played WoW, and her opponent was using it against her saying she was a violent murderer because she played a rogue. See, that I don't mind as much because at least the people who think we're all psycho killers take us seriously, and make us look kind of edgy. But when I hear these "comedians" who know nothing about the game trying to be funny by mocking it like Steven Colbert was doing, it makes me sick.

If they knew the level that I, and many of the top level players around the world, perform at on this game, they would have a little more respect for it. Becoming a master at WoW requires the same dexterity and skill as something like being a virtuoso violinist-- which Colbert had on his show weeks earlier and was giving him some actual respect. Because I can tell you my fingers move a lot faster and a lot more accurately when playing WoW than someone playing a violin. A violinist has to concentrate on pretty much 1 thing, moving the stick back and forth over the strings in the right way-- something that just comes from repeating the same action over and over. With WoW, you have to perform actions with your hands just as fast, but you have to react to many things at once and deal with new situations every day.

All I'm saying is I wish people would stop acting like WoW is some nerdy hobby for people with no lives and quit mocking it, and realize that the level of skill and dexterity it takes to play at the highest level is just as respectful as something like playing an instrument or being an athlete.

Yea, wow is definitely not a "nerdy" game for ppl with "no lives".

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha giggles hysterically
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yes, forms of entertainment should not be taken seriously.

Unless it's a bunch of retarded minorities with an IQ of 60 throwing around balls and touching eachother.

That's a form of entertainment to be taken seriously and develop an economy around.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All I'm saying is I wish people would stop acting like WoW is some nerdy hobby for people with no lives and quit mocking it, and realize that the level of skill and dexterity it takes to play at the highest level is just as respectful as something like playing an instrument or being an athlete.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTDFKJHFJFHSOFHDHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry dude. But even in the world of esports WoW isn't even taken seriously.
Edited by Kabloosh on 10/9/2012 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
If the OP thinks Colbert was mocking WoW, apparently OP missed the point of that segment.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/09/2012 08:47 AMPosted by False
Colbert is an ignorant moron anyway.

.... thats the point of his show
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Yes, forms of entertainment should not be taken seriously.

Unless it's a bunch of retarded minorities with an IQ of 60 throwing around balls and touching eachother.

That's a form of entertainment to be taken seriously and develop an economy around.

This is the greatest post ever. /like

Colbert is an ignorant moron anyway.

Y u mad?
Reply Quote
94 Human Paladin
1. Colbert mocks EVERYTHING, and usually when he is mocking something he is actually mocking the people who REALLY mock it. Whoosh! Complex humor flies over your head there , doesn't it buddy.

2. Knitting takes more skill than WoW, but you don't see knitters QQing that they don't get respect. I don't knit but have you WATCHED people knit? They take some string and four little chopsticks and churn out the most amazing stuff that is actually awesome AND it keeps you warm!

3. I've played WoW for six years or so, and yet there is nothing more pathetic in my eyes than some dude who insists that playing WoW is serious business. Yeah, and so is collecting old camping lanterns and memorizing every Hardy Boys book ever written. Stop embarrassing yourself and the rest of us by pretending this game is anything but an enjoyable pastime.
Edited by Spinster on 10/9/2012 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Warrior
OP's name.

That is all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]