Best race for a monk

100 Goblin Hunter
NMB
What race is the best for a monk. I rly wanna go panda just to see the new starting area and new content. Is it worth looking funny forever just to see new content tho haha
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's easily a Pandaren. It's literally their races main class.
Reply Quote
72 Night Elf Warrior
NO!!!!!! i regret making my monk a panda horribly now id take a coinflip of any other race if given the chance, they just look absurd and it wears off
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Pandaren
Reply Quote
Did someone say they like undead?
Reply Quote
You could just roll a panda on a server you don't care about and make your "true" monk where you want it to be if you just want to see new stuff, which is only for the first 10-12 levels or so.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Alliance
PvE Pandaren
PvP Human

Horde
PvE Pandaren
PvP Undead
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Sinar
NO!!!!!! i regret making my monk a panda horribly now id take a coinflip of any other race if given the chance, they just look absurd and it wears off

You regret having double rested, and double food buff? Man, you're bad.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Monk

You regret having double rested, and double food buff? Man, you're bad.

His complaint is about aesthetics which he has to look at 100% of the time and your defense is double rested XP that is useful for the 3 days that you aren't level capped (which if you level one now won't even accumulate much if any rested XP) and an extended food buff?
Edited by Romersimp on 10/9/2012 6:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Romersimp
extended food buff

All of your other arguments are valid, but the food buff is not double duration, but double effect. I get 600 agility from my food vs 300 agility a non-Pandaren will receive.

To the OP: whichever race you are most comfortable looking at. In the long run, racials really mean diddly and squat (though this can be argued for high high level PvP).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Sinar

Thats why I use savory delights and go pirate or ninja!
Their double food buff means a constant buff boost thruout fights.
Reply Quote
66 Pandaren Monk
While I find the pandaren racial a bit redundant on the monk (the monk cc is so superior in every way) the look itself has really grown on me. I can't see myself as another race monk now.
Reply Quote
I really enjoy my gnome monk and I don't regret it.

I played through the starting panda area anyway on a horde toon.

The double rested bonus is nice, but I already level WAY fast with hierlooms and the 1 hour XP buff daily.

I cannot stand big fat characters.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Was planning to go with orc, and may eventually race change, but I don't like the model. Already had an undead priest, so that was out. And I liked running around on my pandaren (just not liking the name Fiao).

However, double rested experience so far (lvl 40) has been worthless. And the food buff won't really come into play until Cata or Mists. Have gotten a lot of use out of bouncy though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
IMO i'd say Pandaren. It sounds cliche but I think all other races just look wierd/silly to me and panda's natural body movements give off the kungfu vibe even if your a warrior they do karate poses when they land from a jump. but ultimately is boils down to what race you enjoi seeing yourself as. Im horde and all my chars are trolls(4), goblins(3), & blood elves(3) besides my panda. Just go with what you like. Pick a random server and make a monk. It wont take long to figure out if its a keeper and if by lv10 your still having doubts make another one. Repeat until you find the race you feel the most comfortable with and then begin your journey into the mist.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ever see a tauren roll? Most ridiculous sight ive ever witnessed in this game thus far.
Reply Quote
Tauren and Troll roll is ROFL. Really Pandaren Monk is the only way to go. Gnome monks eh Pandaren druids or DK's just as foolish imhao:)
Reply Quote
68 Troll Monk
troll baby
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Tauren, obviously with our HOOVES OF GREAT JUSTICE!

...Plus, it is kind of laughable to see someone with hooves trying to kick. Cracks me up.
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Monk
I've come to the realization that I won't be totally happy with any of the races looks so for now I'm going to stick with male Pandaren. If someone paid for a race change for me I'd probably switch to female panda just because they're so damn adorable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]