Best race for a monk

90 Human Monk
I pvp a lot and cant pass up on the free racial trink. Plus human monks look nice in the fighting stance and animations. But yes double dps trinks is lovely. One on use for my tiger and one passive for everything else.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Female Pandaren of course .. we are just so darn cute .. and some of the best /silly and /flirt ever.

I am like a leaf in the wind ... a big tough leaf with swords and magic and stuff...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
No matter how fast you race, you cannot catch a monk. Sorry.

All forms of races are best for monk. You cannot win.

Since Flying serpent kick and glyphed roll works on or in water, you will lose on the triathlon or any other race.
Edited by Advanced on 10/9/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Alliance
PvE Pandaren
PvP Human

Horde
PvE Pandaren
PvP Undead

I'd have to disagree with the horde part, for Horde Orc all the way for any type of melee class.

For PvE, you are right on both accounts.
Reply Quote
35 Human Monk
i was going to go with Panda, but the bouncing movement just drove me crazy by level 4.
made a troll on my horde server, which i like the look of.
Alliance side i tried panda again, painfully got to 9 and resettled on Human.

could not take the bouncing running look for how ever long my altoholicness kept me on it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Pandaren are hands down best class for monk due to their double food buff racial.

Looks wise, for Alliance, I like night elf and human. My monk is pandaren tho, but savory deviate delights give me the appearance of human whenever I feel like it!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Go Dwarf. We're lucky, as evidenced by my main hand glaive on my first bt run.
Reply Quote
Orc IMO. Blood Fury, 15% stun resist, 1% expertise to axes/fists (worth 102.5 expertise). Even Command works OK for Xuen.

That said, the Pandaren food buff is pretty damn good (+300 agi with the best food buff on). Significantly better than Axe Specialization, IF you keep that food buff on.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd say troll, I rolled troll. And I am loving it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I would go panda if i didnt pvp so much. I mean, they have the best /dance emote in the game. its the party rockin hampster commercial for the Kia Soul. You cant beat that..lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
No matter how fast you race, you cannot catch a monk. Sorry.

All forms of races are best for monk. You cannot win.

Since Flying serpent kick and glyphed roll works on or in water, you will lose on the triathlon or any other race.

Best reponse. Made me laugh, thanks :)

Go with what you enjoy looking at, racials are minor.
That being said, Pandaren are WAY too bouncy for my tastes, so I went Tauren.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/09/2012 06:00 AMPosted by Bones
Did someone say they like undead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ6xS_qRDmo
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Sengan
I've come to the realization that I won't be totally happy with any of the races looks so for now I'm going to stick with male Pandaren. If someone paid for a race change for me I'd probably switch to female panda just because they're so damn adorable.
/cheer
/bounce
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Pandaren

Why?

/dance

That's why

^_^
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Pandaren monk is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy overdone, i prefer human and nelf monks, their animations flow smoothly. Oh, and seeing a gnome monk tank in dungeons is always incredibly amusing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Sorry but +300 to a stat doesn't equal the 1% expertise with certain weapons that other races get (for the two specs where expertise matters). I'm not convinced it is better for mw either when compared to other racial abilities/perks although it doesn't obviously lose the comparison.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Human for reps, otherwise gnome all the way.
Escape Artist is a must for as many roots as there are. Plus you are small and blend into stacks of the enemy well. I will be gnome as soon as I exalt Shado-pan rep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I like my Human monk
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]