Best race for a monk

90 Pandaren Monk
Why a panda... Well how about not having to worry about another cooldown to maintain... And who doesnt like free stats for eating food... Oh and /dance is pretty cool... And in wc3 a monk was a panda... :-P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
If only the shoulders were a little bit bigger, and their girth didn't stretch the hell out of the armor when they run, I might of been a panda. Still thinking about race changing to one. That food buff is really hard to pass up.

I find it fun and amusing being a draenei monk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Pandaren are good, namely for the Rested EXP bonus. It's nice to log onto a toon once every few days, play for about 2 hours, gain like 7-8 levels.

I know just about all my part time alts from this point onward will be Pandaren.

But for monk, I had to be human.
Edited by Kâin on 10/29/2012 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/09/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Chuin
extended food buff

All of your other arguments are valid, but the food buff is not double duration, but double effect. I get 600 agility from my food vs 300 agility a non-Pandaren will receive.

To the OP: whichever race you are most comfortable looking at. In the long run, racials really mean diddly and squat (though this can be argued for high high level PvP).

LOL, what? That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard regarding PvP. How can you debate that the human racial (which acts like a trinket) has no effect on PvP? You get two burst damage trinkets to wear then.

BE has silence. You like fighting casters who can just free cast on you all day?

Orcs have a free damage trinket built in, the reverse of humans.

I could certainly go on but you should be able to get the point by now
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well I went blood elf for the racial, until I realized it was not giving me back mana in mistweaver spec, but Chi.

Obviously it's personal taste. If you're going to DPS with it, the orc is probably the way to go, if you're going to heal, troll and pandaren are probably on par.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Stormling
Orc IMO. Blood Fury, 15% stun resist, 1% expertise to axes/fists (worth 102.5 expertise).

340 expertise
Reply Quote
This topic needs more Troll
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Alliance
PvE Pandaren
PvP Human

Horde
PvE Pandaren
PvP Undead

Iv now gotta disagree with people saying Human for pvp for monks because the pandaren racial you get a 3 sec stun and imo if your mistweaver is the way to go.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Monk
Draeni reporting in rofl :P Looks like im the only one, and frankly, thats exactly why I rolled it!

No but seriously, female draeni looks awsome ;) Cant stand pendaren bouncing animations.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Alliance
PvE Pandaren
PvP Human

Horde
PvE Pandaren
PvP Undead

I agree except Undead is also a fair choice for PvE Brewmaster also
Reply Quote
So there are female trolls!!! I have yet to see one in game.
Reply Quote
Tauren. Kick someone with a giant hoof, and they're going to stay down. The fact that we're also the shining beacon of grace and agility is just icing on the cake.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Belf hands down!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
As much as I like the way male orcs look as monks, undead and blood elf both seem better for pvp. The pandaren disorient racial shares a dr with paralysis, which is on a 15 second cooldown, and none of their other racials really matter in pvp.

Even troll is pretty good for pvp, actually. I like doing 5% more damage to druid forms and hunter pets. :)
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Redpalm
This topic needs more Troll
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
10/09/2012 02:56 AMPosted by Smeltar
I rly wanna go panda just to see the new starting area and new content.

Starting a panda to see the new content and choosing panda for your class's permanent race are two different things.

For me, monk is about mistweaver and solo'ability. So my ally monk is human for the spirit boost and my horde monk is forsaken for touch of the grave. I tried troll first, but not only does touch of the grave equate to more health when melee'ing, but it also adds to damage slightly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
2 Things- Rested Exp and double food bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
10/09/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Kuzzat
troll baby
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
10/30/2012 02:10 AMPosted by Leos
Belf hands down!

Even if belves had a 'racial' that reduced their stats by 60%, people would still probably only roll belves.

:p

So overrated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]