Healing Priest Hotfix (Incoming)

100 Blood Elf Priest
This is...I don't even...*throws up hands and walks away looking defeated.*
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
10/09/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Kaels

If you think about the majority of priest concerns Kaels, none of them are well thought out like the select few. Those tears can easily bury constructed feedback.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Priests in pain?

Hop them up on painkillers and hope they don't realize the fundamental problems remain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is actually kind of what I expected. They are being cautious so they are giving small buffs to see what happens. This will help a little but does not do much to address our mana issues of course. I am guessing we will some other minor tweaks in the near future also.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
10/09/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Senari
I don't see this supposed tweet, am I blind? Oo

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/255828888742154241

Edit: Hint for those trying to communicate this sort of information, you can just click on the link for how long ago it was posted to get a direct link.
Edited by Mescyn on 10/9/2012 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/09/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Sensations
If you think about the majority of priest concerns Kaels, none of them are well thought out like the select few. Those tears can easily bury constructed feedback.

I like your style, Sensations.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It's just...

I mean...

DISC'S ENTIRE PROBLEM IS THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY SPELLS WORTH CASTING EXCEPT FOR CD SPELLS AND POH!

FFS stop buffing PoH!

You're going to make Holy overpowered and broken, Disc overpowered and broken in a couple of fights, and then you're just going to jack up PoH's mana cost and leave them all standing around like retarded pumpkins waiting for regen!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Yesssssssssssssssssss Kaels. I love this post.^^^^^
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
/agree that this was 50% silly. I do think we could stand to bring up the smart heals by a percent of our spell breakdown, so the change to mending seemed in the right-ish direction.

But giving more hps to PoH is not very well thought out.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It's just...

I mean...

DISC'S ENTIRE PROBLEM IS THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY SPELLS WORTH CASTING EXCEPT FOR CD SPELLS AND POH!

FFS stop buffing PoH!

You're going to make Holy overpowered and broken, Disc overpowered and broken in a couple of fights, and then you're just going to jack up PoH's mana cost and leave them all standing around like retarded pumpkins waiting for regen!

And this surprises you?

If you love healing, then heal, just make sure you have a few different classes... makes things less painful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
When in doubt, buff PoH!

/shrug

The PoM buff is nice for 10m I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/09/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Kaels
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/09/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Veroicone
I ALSO FOUND WINNI ON TWITTER :P

stalker! :P
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
10/09/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Kaels

Just in time for Halloween!

I'm scared. Hold me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

With the way Priest mana is, Holy Priests will NEVER be overpowered.

As for Disc, Disc's niche has always been PW:S and Divine Aegis through PoH. Disc needs a cheap way to blanket the raids with shields. Perhaps add a major mana cost reduction to all spells while Spirit Shell is active. Or cause the PoM and PW:S granted through Divine Insight to be mana free. That way, after every Penance you have a chance to throw out a care-free shield.

For mana in general, FD:CL and PW:S solace need major adjustments. FDCL is too rng and doesn't have synergy with Disc and Holy's main spells (PoM, PoH, Penance, COH).

PW:S Solace is simply not practical in a heavy raiding environment.

Other horrid talents: Power Infusion and Twist of Fate. These talents, unlike Divine Insight, offer ZERO options to spice up each spec. They're boring and meaningless. Even for Shadow. There's only one worthwhile talent on this tier and that's Divine Insight. (Yet mind you it still pisses me off that DI's Prayer of Mending overrides any current mending we have up)

As for our last tier, our level 90 talents cost TOO MUCH MANA. Reduce the mana cost of these severely so that we don't feel guilty using them and they'll become much more fun.

Archangel needs to lose all relationship with Evangelism. With Power Infusion removed from tier talents, bake Archangel and PI together and give to Disc only. Through that one spell they'd get a haste boost, healing boost, and mana reduction - all on a 2 min cooldown.
Edited by Senari on 10/9/2012 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not going to be a real fix, but I'm pleased the issue is being addressed.

10/09/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Kaels

I'd feel the same way after all your work. "You have to take a RIGHT, not 3 lefts".
Edited by Rizzea on 10/9/2012 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
It's just...

I mean...

FFS stop buffing PoH!

Agreed, and well-said.

Here's my breakdown, percentage-wise (in terms of effective healing done, not number of casts) from tonight's 10-man normal mode raid:

Prayer of Healing 25.40%
Divine Aegis 16.30%
Power Word: Shield 15.60%
Spirit Shell 12.30%
Penance 7.70%
Prayer of Mending 6.80%
Greater Heal 6.60%
Cascade 4.50%
Atonement 3.40%

(Everything else contributed less than 1% per spell).

It's worth noting that the vast majority of my Divine Aegis healing *and* pretty much all of my Spirit Shell healing also comes from pressing my PoH button.

So, upwards of 55% of my healing is currently done by PoH -- AND YOU WANT TO BUFF IT?

Meanwhile, my spec's "signature spell" (Power Word: Shield) is sitting there below 20%, because I can only afford to cast it for Rapture procs and for emergencies (granted, this is probably what Blizzard wants).

Nonetheless, the answer for Disc needs to involve propping up all of those other spells -- I'd like to see PW:S go up by about 10%, and Penance go up by about 15%. PoH and its friends can suffer in exchange.

Even better: design an encounter where I get to use my single-target heals, instead of being shoe-horned into using PoH for *everything*, because it's always the best button.

Make my spec interesting again, please.
Edited by Treela on 10/9/2012 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
...didn't POH go through the exactly same sort of buff back in the day in Cata? And it got nerfed after it was found to be 'too good'?

....this is indeed cata repeating itself.

Next stop, all spirit cloth will disappear from every boss lootable.
Edited by Zamboozle on 10/9/2012 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
...didn't POH go through the exactly same sort of buff back in the day in Cata? And it got nerfed after it was found to be 'too good'?

....this is indeed cata repeating itself.

Next stop, all spirit cloth will disappear from every boss lootable.

Don't give them ideas!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Aw well, we shouldn't complain about buffs. They hit the target, even if it was an outer ring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]