Anduin in Kun-Lai Summit *Spoilers*

100 Draenei Paladin
As one of the people in the Alliance rescue team to rescue Anduin... Basically the whole reason the alliance are on Pandaria is to find Anduin and secure him. Well after he just ran away from us i now find him and im just going to let him tell me i need to help him on some adventure when our duty is to get him back to the rest of the Alliance.... Why dont i just say " No we arent going anywhere except back to Taylor and the rest of the Alliance forces! " Or something along those lines? It just doesnt seem to make sense to me.
Reply Quote
9 Blood Elf Hunter
It doesn't make very much sense, I agree.

The friggin Horde ends up helping him out on random adventures too.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
Anduin has proven that he's a better diplomat than Jaina and Varian put together on more than one occasion, it would not surprise me if he would prove to be a better field commander than any schmoe Alliance command has to offer. My guess is that Alliance characters are just more willing to follow his lead than this Taylor person.
Reply Quote
There's being a diplomat and then there's being a blind fool. Anduin is being willfully ignorant of the massive amounts of harm the Horde has done to his people, and it's NOT a good or inspiring quality for a leader to have. He can argue for the goodness of the Horde when they're not trying (and in many places, succeeding) to displace, enslave, and massacre the Alliance wherever they find them.

I just hope that if he continues down to path, he's forced to abdicate his claim to the throne of Stormwind.
Edited by Jaelara on 10/10/2012 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
The idea of a Stormwindian being buddybuddy with the Horde amuses me.

He's never experienced the Horde being Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
It doesn't make very much sense, I agree.

The friggin Horde ends up helping him out on random adventures too.

That makes no sense either... Why in the world wouldnt the horde player just kill/capture him?
Reply Quote
And as long as we have this thread...

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/256099340593012737

Dave Kosak basically tweeted today that Anduin's sedition against the Alliance is at the heart of the expansion.

So, look forward to more finger-waggling neutrality by the end of the expansion, probably as soon as Garrosh's corpse has cooled.

Again, all I ask is that Anduin at least be forced to Abdicate the throne if he's going Tirion or Malfurion-style neutral.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Tige Tenple?
Reply Quote
I assume that means Tiger Temple, IE, Anduin's Speech to the Tiger Ancient in which he defends the Horde.
Reply Quote
I mean, I guess Kosak could be being coy and "at the heart of the expansion" means Anduin is going to suffer a fall when the Horde (for the 100th time) finally do something so horrible even he has to eat his words, but I'm guessing it means Neutrality.
Reply Quote
After Anduin makes an impassioned speech to the Celestials concerning admittance for the Alliance and the Horde, and defending everyone, including Garrosh, Anduin's paladin buddy says something to this effect:

"Have you even -met- our Warchief?"
Reply Quote
As far as who take the throne instead of Anduin:

Either

A) Varian gets a new wife or concubine and has a son. I would have gone for Jaina, but with her being taken, I'd love to see on of the Gilneans (Gwen, maybe?) or a High Elf.

B) Varian appoints an up and coming military officer or noble as his heir, who is then cultivated over a series of patches or expansions to be introduced to the Alliance as her/his own character. Taylor might work, though I feel like he's a bit old. Maybe if he has a family who can take up the line after him.

And here's the thing about Nazgrim. He's a Garrosh apologist and one of his most fanatic loyalists and I hope he died in the Seige of Ogrimmar. If he DOES become the new Warchief, we sure as hell better not be forced back into status quo antebellum.
Reply Quote
After Anduin makes an impassioned speech to the Celestials concerning admittance for the Alliance and the Horde, and defending everyone, including Garrosh, Anduin's paladin buddy says something to this effect:

"Have you even -met- our Warchief?"

I don't think a quirky lampshading really excuses Anduin's words.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If the game would have let me, I would have knocked him out, tied him up, hands, feet and fingers, and gagged him, then taken his royal pain in the butt back to Stormwind and tossed him at his dad's feet, after 'accidentally' letting him bounce off a few tree branches.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So advocating for peace in a land where negative emotions can literally eat you is a bad thing now?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/10/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Velarin
So advocating for peace in a land where negative emotions can literally eat you is a bad thing now?

Yes. Especially if you are trying to improve your powers so you can help your faction.
Reply Quote
9 Blood Elf Hunter
10/10/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Velarin

No, just the nauseating levels of neutrality and the way he's being shoved down our throats, to the point where your player character essentially turns traitor just to fawn over him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]