Anduin in Kun-Lai Summit *Spoilers*

90 Human Paladin
It doesn't make very much sense, I agree.

The friggin Horde ends up helping him out on random adventures too.

And what did the royal pain in the !@# make you guys do?

Im actually starting to hate Anduin because of this tbh.
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Velarin
So advocating for peace in a land where negative emotions can literally eat you is a bad thing now?

I've been dealing with stuff that can literally eat me for decades now.

The Sha ain't much different, especially since I've already started killing and purging them. At this point, telling me I can't feel anger at the Horde's crimes feels like forcing me to stop making campfires because it might attract Ragnaros.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/10/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Jaelara
Dave Kosak basically tweeted today that Anduin's sedition against the Alliance is at the heart of the expansion.

I think your blowing the tweet out of proportion. The "emotion heart" wasnt taking about Anduin leaving and being temporarily neutral. It was talking about the very nature of the Alliance/Horde conflict.

Even Xuen himself says " We can agree it is noble to fight for a righteous cause: to defend home or family. But what of vengeance? What of anger? I sense these emotions run deep in this one."

That is kinda the point of the expansion, what is worth fighting for. The Alliance(and the Horde) can continue fighting the way we did in the Jade Forest and ruin Pandaria and Azeroth. Or we could actually learn from the pandaren, they fight the Mantid, Mogu, Saurok etc to protect all they hold dear. But they dont do it from a place of hate.

At this point, telling me I can't feel anger at the Horde's crimes feels like forcing me to stop making campfires because it might attract Ragnaros.

But that wasnt what was said in the temple!

" Anduin Wrynn says: Anger is a part of us all, yes. But we value control. The orcs were once driven solely by anger - they lived in a state of bloodlust - but they conquered it.
Taran Zhu says: All you seek to conquer is each other!
Zhi the Harmonious says: To live without anger is to not live at all. It is ours to overcome. In defeating our anger, we draw great strength."
Edited by Zerde on 10/10/2012 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
10/10/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Zerde
Anduin Wrynn says: Anger is a part of us all, yes. But we value control. The orcs were once driven solely by anger - they lived in a state of bloodlust - but they conquered it.

What a little prick.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Man, every pro-Alliance person is filled with seething anger and hatred at anyone who dares to entertain the thought that the Horde shouldn't be wiped out wholesale.

This would be an excellent breeding ground for Sha.
Edited by Briswald on 10/10/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Celanor
Anduin Wrynn says: Anger is a part of us all, yes. But we value control. The orcs were once driven solely by anger - they lived in a state of bloodlust - but they conquered it.

What a little prick.

Man, every pro-Alliance person is filled with seething anger and hatred at anyone who dares to entertain the thought that the Horde shouldn't be wiped out wholesale.

This is an excellent breeding ground for Sha.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
10/10/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Zerde
Dave Kosak basically tweeted today that Anduin's sedition against the Alliance is at the heart of the expansion.

I think your blowing the tweet out of proportion. The "emotion heart" wasnt taking about Anduin leaving and being temporarily neutral. It was talking about the very nature of the Alliance/Horde conflict.

Even Xuen himself says " We can agree it is noble to fight for a righteous cause: to defend home or family. But what of vengeance? What of anger? I sense these emotions run deep in this one."

That is kinda the point of the expansion, what is worth fighting for. The Alliance(and the Horde) can continue fighting the way we did in the Jade Forest and ruin Pandaria and Azeroth. Or we could actually learn from the pandaren, they fight the Mantid, Mogu, Saurok etc to protect all they hold dear. But they dont do it from a place of hate.

At this point, telling me I can't feel anger at the Horde's crimes feels like forcing me to stop making campfires because it might attract Ragnaros.

But that wasnt what was said in the temple!

" Anduin Wrynn says: Anger is a part of us all, yes. But we value control. The orcs were once driven solely by anger - they lived in a state of bloodlust - but they conquered it.
Taran Zhu says: All you seek to conquer is each other!
Zhi the Harmonious says: To live without anger is to not live at all. It is ours to overcome. In defeating our anger, we draw great strength."

Sometimes I'd really wish the game was interactive so you could toss back the words of characters like Taran Zhu.

Last I checked the Pandaren conquered the mogu after being enslaved by them. And what is wrong at feeling anger towards a group of people that have a plot armour so impervious that no matter what they do, they turn out as the victims.
Reply Quote
9 Blood Elf Hunter

I don't think it's that so much as that it's hard to really indulge in warcraft when half of your faction's major characters turn into impotent neutral whiners.

I mean !@#$, people have given Garrosh and Varian a lot of flak as characters for the things they've done, but at least they seem to get it on some level.

10/10/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Jaelara

That would be the coolest change to basic campfires...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock

How dare I not like a faction leader openly praising a murderous, merciless enemy.

This goes double if he said that around a night elf or a Gilnean.

10/10/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Briswald
This would be an excellent breeding ground for Sha.

I'm terrified.

No, really.

Really.
Edited by Celanor on 10/10/2012 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Last I checked the Pandaren conquered the mogu after being enslaved by them. And what is wrong at feeling anger towards a group of people that have a plot armour so impervious that no matter what they do, they turn out as the victims.

I dont remember them enslaving the mogu. As far as I understand it they merely fought for there freedom and the Pandaren empire was pretty benevolent compared to the mogu.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Celanor
How dare I not like a faction leader openly praising a murderous, merciless enemy.

Cel, you're posting on a Warlock in full Felweave gear.

Glass. Houses.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue

Nah, I'm pretty cool with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Cel, you're posting on a Warlock in full Felweave gear.

Glass. Houses.

Lets change it up, then.

Better?

Or should my night elf bow to a spoiled kids oh so superior knowledge of the Horde?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Thorm
Or should my night elf bow to a spoiled kids oh so superior knowledge of the Horde?

I wouldn't stop you.
Reply Quote
Not sure if the Sha of Anger or the Sha of Sarcasm would haunt this forum...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
10/10/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Kynrind
If the game would have let me, I would have knocked him out, tied him up, hands, feet and fingers, and gagged him, then taken his royal pain in the butt back to Stormwind and tossed him at his dad's feet, after 'accidentally' letting him bounce off a few tree branches.

That along with some cuts from being thrown in a hozen cage in Pearlfin Village for about 3 minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
If I could pick what would turn the 'good' Horde against the 'bad' Horde, it would be Anduin's death.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Arkturas
If I could pick what would turn the 'good' Horde against the 'bad' Horde, it would be Anduin's death.

.... You realize that this would turn Varian into a genocidal maniac as bad as Garrosh, right?
Edited by Velarin on 10/10/2012 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
10/10/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Velarin

.... You realize that this would turn Varian into a genocidal maniac as bad as Garrosh, right?

He would probably just be AFK...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Another thing i wish, i wish they would have made Anduin more like Arthas.. I dont mean exactly like him and becoming the Lich King etc but atleast make him a proud member of his Kingdom and willing to fight for it. And be like " For Stormwind! " instead of.... what he is now..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]