Bought an EU account, how do i play from US

(Locked)

90 Worgen Mage
So i recently purchased an EU account just to play around on when i'm bored but i'm wondering how i go about playing it. I started downloading the EU client, but i'm not totally sure that's how i go about playing.

Do i just download the EU client and let it download and it'll give me a separate client? do i have to change something in my wow folders to get the EU realmlist?
Edited by Shizuro on 10/10/2012 4:29 PM PDT
17 Tauren Paladin
You have to change your realmlist.wtf You can google for the answer, I've played both EU and US, two accounts each.
Don't forget about the time difference and the language barriers.
1 Human Hunter
If you download the European client that will work as well, it's just easier for most people to edit their realmlist.
Support Forum Agent
Shizuro

The best way is to just download the correct client for the region you are trying to play. That way you'll any avoid any possible patching issues later on.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Edited by Dankorii on 10/10/2012 5:20 PM PDT
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Paladin
Did a blue just seriously miss the fact that someone BOUGHT an account AND POSTED ABOUT IT ON THE FORUMS?
26 Orc Warrior
^ did Blizzard hire the replacement refs from the NFL? Would explain why the ink trader hasn't been updated yet =(.
Edited by Aquabank on 10/10/2012 5:45 PM PDT
63 Pandaren Monk
haha comedy gold right here
90 Worgen Druid
10/10/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Palaurus
Did a blue just seriously miss the fact that someone BOUGHT an account AND POSTED ABOUT IT ON THE FORUMS?

Nope. You just misinterpreted what was said.
85 Orc Warrior
10/10/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Streptomycin

No, the blue edited his post. No misinterpreted.
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/10/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Palaurus

I could buy the EU version of the game, or digitial whatever the heck, then I could say I "... bought a eu account." It doesn't mean I bought a second hand one for certain.
Support Forum Agent
Blazekick

No, the blue edited his post. No misinterpreted.

It was edited to add the second line about patching issues. The OP said that he purchased an EU account, I assumed he meant an EU license. It's not like he said he bought it from another player.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
9 Human Paladin
Yep, most people that have just purchased a license to play arround with when they are bored, have lvl 90 mages.

Seems legit

/sarcasmoff
90 Night Elf Druid
10/10/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Streptomycin

10/10/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Shizuro
So i recently purchased an EU account just to play around on when i'm bored but i'm wondering how i go about playing it.

Sounds like he figured out how to get to level 90 before he figured out how to install the game. We did not misinterpret anything.
90 Undead Death Knight
You guys do realize his mage is on a US server right... you know that whole html code thing that says US.battle.net not EU.battle.net...
90 Undead Death Knight
oh and OP... just head to google and look for wowwiki realmlist edit. You will find the exact copy paste you need to setup. I have 2 realmlist saved in my folder USrealmlist and EUrealmlist so I can open them and then just save over the real realmlist.

I will admit though when MOP came out I had a patching issue which caused me to re-install the game so the GM's recommendation is the best in this case if you have the hard disk space.
90 Undead Mage
lold
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]