Quality of Life: Poison Duration

90 Human Rogue
Can we please remove the '1 hour duration' for poisons and just make them a buff that doesn't fall off unless cancelled now? I was happy for the bag space and convenience of no longer having to buy poisons, but it feels like you stopped just short.

I am an Assassinate Rogue, and a majority of my damage comes from my poisons. When I am running dailies or dungeons and my poisons happen to fall off without me noticing, I either drag the entire team down in the current fight, or I practically die pulling a random pack of daily mobs because my damage is so utterly bad without poisons up.

I'm not trying to whine too much here, it's not that big of a deal if I die once in a while - but it would go a long way if I could "set it and forget it" with poisons and only worry about changing which one is active, instead of having to make sure they never fall off at this point.

(Also - it's not like this is a new problem. We always had to worry about our poisons falling off... But with the current item inflation, it REALLY hurts us now to a point where we are a detriment to our groups and/or risk dying over easy mobs when it falls. This may not be as applicable to combat and subtlety specs, but it's a big issue for Assassination.)

Thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
Even if they fall off you can re-apply mid combat. Glyph it and make it even faster.

Its a 60 minute duration, not really the top priority for rogue issues imo
Reply Quote
Not a top priority, but I agree it would be a nice quality of life change. Maybe someday.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
if rogues only had to maintain 2 self buffs that lasted 1 whole hour should be buffed, then the other classes (every other class) that have to maintain a shorter buff period with two or more spells should have their time extended because they use it all the time as well. it'll improve everyone's QoL ;p
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
*remembers when poisons had charges*

They have dumbed it down this far might as well make it a buff.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
There is never an instance in this game where you're so busy for an entire hour that you have no time to reapply poisons. Applying both to your weapons takes 3-6 seconds of your life.

Besides, if they removed duration on poisons, we'd no longer be able to apply enchants to our weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/11/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Troelvah
Besides, if they removed duration on poisons, we'd no longer be able to apply enchants to our weapons.

He is referring to the idea of applying a self buff. Like Priest's Inner Fire.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/11/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Troelvah
There is never an instance in this game where you're so busy for an entire hour that you have no time to reapply poisons. Applying both to your weapons takes 3-6 seconds of your life.

That's why it's a quality of life change. 3-6 seconds every hour. Why even bother having them fall off?

It's a nice change for us Rogues which doesn't impact ANY other class. Also, many other classes already have something similar to this (inner fire was mentioned previously, and I think that is a good example.)
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
Inner Fire doesn't affect weapons or things they proc.

A more accurate comparison would be a Shaman's Weapon Imbue spells, which still have a duration.

The new poison system is great compared to Cata, being a Spell instead of an Item. In fact, it gets better every expac. Fundamentally, they won't change. They will still be applied directly to weapons and will still have a duration, which is very long.

If you can't be bothered to watch two weapon buffs once an hour, I'd say that the problem doesn't lie with the system.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Why make any buffs have a duration then?
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
WoD
I don't see how applying two buffs once an hour is in any way a hassle. I'd rather they quit nerfing rogues into uselessness to make everyone else happy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/11/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Troelvah
They will still be applied directly to weapons and will still have a duration, which is very long.

Actually, they don't apply directly to weapons anymore. :) As was pointed out recently in another thread, if you switch weapons, your current poisons remain active.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
I just meant that they depend on your weapons to proc, but yes another awesome change :)

I could see them becoming instant cast but permanent? I don't think that will happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]