Reintall the WoWlauncher

90 Undead Priest
A couple days ago my antivirus (Bitdefender) deleted a couple files related to world of warcraft, and now I've been left without the WoW launcher on my desktop. I've been logging in the game directly through the wow-x64 in the WoW folder, which has been fine, but with this new patch I haven't been able to get it installed due to not having the WoW auncher.

Is it possible to re-install the WoW launcher without reinstalling the game? I've been looking around in the WoW folders but haven't found anything, so any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Blastjoo, can you try running the Installer? That should replace the Launcher.
90 Undead Priest
It did work to reinstall the launcher. However, when I launch the game now it's almost like a completely different client.... everything is reset in this version it launches and all my addons are gone, and it's even trying to download a 20GB patch.

Is there a way to avoid this client and going back to the old one with the new launcher?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You know what, I made another copy of the launcher file and put it in the original WoW folder, and it seems to be working so far. Thanks for the help =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
My WoW laucher hasn't been working for awhile now so my father said to delete the game ans reinstall it.. But how do I reinstall it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/21/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Magdelaina
My WoW laucher hasn't been working for awhile now so my father said to delete the game ans reinstall it.. But how do I reinstall it?

Go to this page to download the installer.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]