Dark Soil Nodes

90 Goblin Priest
BRING BACK THE SPAWN RATES AND NUMBER OF NODES FOR THE DARK SOIL MOUNDS. I am fairly certain that you guys nerfed these overnight and there is NO reason for it. Not quite fair that you allow only a small collection of people who powered their way to 90 farm the hell out of these things then turn it off so that the rest of us have to go about it at a PAINSTAKINGLY SLOW PACE!

STOP messing with things that dont need to be fixed!
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Mage
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ x10000000000 this
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Or you know, it could simply be that those nodes have their spawn timers tied to the number of people in the zone, much like the mobs and other quest objectives. Virtually overnight most people finished the zone at about the same time and moved out. Less people in the zone means slower respawn on things. The soil patches may very well be one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
10/02/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Rógue
Or you know, it could simply be that those nodes have their spawn timers tied to the number of people in the zone, much like the mobs and other quest objectives. Virtually overnight most people finished the zone at about the same time and moved out. Less people in the zone means slower respawn on things. The soil patches may very well be one of them.

Anything's possible. But I don't believe this to be the case. There are still a ton of ppl in this zone on my server, but finding these nodes has dropped down to about 1 (2 if im lucky) about every 20min that I can find. I know there are more and I am only finding 1 because the others get looted by other players. But I was able to get an average of 1-2 per min yesterday. That big of a drop is not from player migration out of the zone.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I tried to farm some more today and the spawn was very low. Not only in Four Winds but on other two zones.

Dark Soil need to have a high spawn rate no matter if the zone have 200 chars or 2.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
10/02/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Velenin
Dark Soil need to have a high spawn rate no matter if the zone have 200 chars or 2.

^ Agree
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Pretty sure this was intentional. You're not supposed to be BFFs with everyone in the valley overnight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
i noticed this also... i have friends who are exalted already with tillers because they farmed the hell out of these... now i can't find one to save my life... not fair blizz
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/02/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Rógue

Wasn't the case. On my realm at 5AM (When I start work) there was no one to be found and a lot of dirt piles. This has been nerfed significantly which really doesn't make any sense since it still was time consuming and it is not like the rewards are game changing at all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
there's less of these because bots have found another way to ruin our fun :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah I tried farming today and It seems like they decreased the spawn rate dramatically at some point, CHANGE IT BACK PLS.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The spawn rate was intentionally decreased. If you want to suggest a change, you'll need to post in a more relevant forum where the developers will actually look at the change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]