Paladins & Symbiosis

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Most recent hotfix

Symbiosis has been changed and now grants the following abilities
Protection paladins - Wrath

Woohoo! We get a cast-time ability again! Or do we get a slightly better version that's insta-cast?

Really Blizz? Wrath? Why not something that'd actually be useful like damage mitigation or healing?

I like the idea of Symbiosis, cast it on a party member & you each get a spell from the other's spellbook. Its just, some of the results make me scratch my head.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hehe, possibly a result of a Wrath-based rotation being potentially better for Ret than its normal one.

Edit: or perhaps not, if Ret still has Wrath, too. That's just lame, giving two different roles of a class the same ability.
Edited by Elidra on 10/2/2012 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Atleast wrath is usable in pvp, holy gets battle rez? what a joke
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol?

Wasn't it Barkskin before? That was awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Barkskin would've been nice 'cuz at least it helps keep us alive.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Blizzard are such trolls. Can you click off the symbiosis buff if someone puts it on you? I'd rather not have an extra button on my screen with some crap I'll never use.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Did you look at the symbiosis version of barkskin? 10% damage reduction, 6 seconds every minute.

Its probably better to have a crappy one anyways. You really don't want another Dark Intent or Tricks, where you'll do worse than someone else because they gave it to someone else.

EDIT: Also, they removed all tanking symbiosis cooldowns. I get the feeling its related to druids being pressured to symbiosis tanks for raid progression?
Edited by Kamine on 10/2/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Did you look at the symbiosis version of barkskin? 10% damage reduction, 6 seconds every minute.

Its probably better to have a crappy one anyways. You really don't want another Dark Intent or Tricks, where you'll do worse than someone else because they gave it to someone else.

No I'd rather just have nothing cluttering up my UI than to have something I won't use. I'd rather have a hand full of nothing than a hand full of crap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I told my druids to use that !@#$ on someone else, completely friggin worthless.
Reply Quote
All I got to say is... L O L. There, I said it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When I saw Wrath for ret I /facepalm'd
When I saw Wrath for prot I /smashheadintodesk'd
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
to be honest.... i pull 50k dps spamming wrath/harsh/hammer/judge/exo..... get at me
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
DAMN IT I WANTED TRAVEL OR AQUATIC FORM!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Celyndrashad
DAMN IT I WANTED TRAVEL OR AQUATIC FORM!!!

I want prowl. Then I can be a ninja tank!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My head hurts just from trying to figure out Blizzard's reasoning for this.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
10/02/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Bravehearth
No I'd rather just have nothing cluttering up my UI than to have something I won't use. I'd rather have a hand full of nothing than a hand full of crap.

To be fair, you have to fish the button out of your spellbook to have it on your bars. What the hell is Blizz thinking, giving a tank a cast time spell?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Looks like it's just part of the process of removing the mitigation CDs from all the tanks.

That said, giving a tank a cast time spell is just daft. I'd already noticed it and reported it as a bug. So we just happen to be the tanks who get a particularly useless ability now.

Although I have enjoyed pulling with it, mainly because it's so ridiculous it's darkly amusing.

More than anything else, I'm just kinda disappointed that symbiosis is gradually turning into the ultra-situational lack-luster talent that anything that broad ranging was bound to end up as. Poor druids.
Edited by Lakhesís on 10/3/2012 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 03:52 AMPosted by Snozberries
To be fair, you have to fish the button out of your spellbook to have it on your bars. What the hell is Blizz thinking, giving a tank a cast time spell?

Oh ok that's not so bad then, I thought it would popup as some sort of extra button. Actually, I know better than that. I make an action bar addon. Not sure why I thought it would use the ExtraActionBarButton1. That would cause all sorts of issues with dungeons and such that use it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
10/03/2012 04:27 AMPosted by Bravehearth
Oh ok that's not so bad then, I thought it would popup as some sort of extra button. Actually, I know better than that. I make an action bar addon. Not sure why I thought it would use the ExtraActionBarButton1. That would cause all sorts of issues with dungeons and such that use it.

Druids seem really prone to cast it on me in dungeons. I don't know if the spells they get are just that good, or if they're just trolling.

I've tried using the spell as ret when I have to run out of melee, but the cast time is pretty restrictive for situational use. Maybe with more haste. However that kind of spell is utterly useless for prot, seeing as the spec already has a ton of tools to pull from range.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I don't understand what purpose giving wrath to tanks serves. Blizzard can you reconsider this one and give us something that we can actually make use of in an encounter that isn't Atramedes?

I don't find myself off tanking enough in MSV without having to tank anything to actually use wrath, plus I'd rather one of our other raiders got Symbiosis because it's just infinitely better for them right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]