Paladins & Symbiosis

88 Human Warrior
10/02/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Kamine
EDIT: Also, they removed all tanking symbiosis cooldowns. I get the feeling its related to druids being pressured to symbiosis tanks for raid progression?

I was telling this to my guild as soon as we saw most of the "final" Symbiosis effects in late beta around 2-3 months ago. Tanks would be *the* targets for Symbiosis for progression without a change, and...well, we're seeing that change now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I imagine its a case of they needed to change something ASAP due to how important they were on tanks, so they just made them all the same for dps/tank and might get around to something better later on.

Personally I'm kind of curious how it would go tanking mobs that spam-cast, but in general it was quite a WTF moment when I read that change.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
So long as all tanks got their symbiosis buff nerfed it's fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Thecheatt
EDIT: Also, they removed all tanking symbiosis cooldowns. I get the feeling its related to druids being pressured to symbiosis tanks for raid progression?

I was telling this to my guild as soon as we saw most of the "final" Symbiosis effects in late beta around 2-3 months ago. Tanks would be *the* targets for Symbiosis for progression without a change, and...well, we're seeing that change now.

We all called this 3 months ago on beta. Good thing blizz listened and redid symbiosis then, rather than waiting for it to go live and then changing it a week after MoP!

o wait....

PS: Swap Wrath for Sunfire. Mechanically it will be more usable for both Ret and Prot, and it even fits lorewise and coolnessfactorwise (its a word, shuddap!)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Dandaman

We all called this 3 months ago on beta. Good thing blizz listened and redid symbiosis then, rather than waiting for it to go live and then changing it a week after MoP!

o wait....

PS: Swap Wrath for Sunfire. Mechanically it will be more usable for both Ret and Prot, and it even fits lorewise and coolnessfactorwise (its a word, shuddap!)

Sunfire would be preferable to Wrath, at least its an insta-cast spell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I imagine its a case of they needed to change something ASAP due to how important they were on tanks, so they just made them all the same for dps/tank and might get around to something better later on.

Personally I'm kind of curious how it would go tanking mobs that spam-cast, but in general it was quite a WTF moment when I read that change.

I continue to wonder what the purpose of beta was.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sunfire would be a DPS increase, any DOT would. Even if it was at the bottom of the priority to the point where you wouldn't constantly keep it up, it would be an increase to throw in during an empty GCD.

Essentially, they don't want the symbiosis recipient to have any specific role benefit. They could give ret the old druid "claw" ability, the precursor to mangle and you bet your !@# they would be fighting over than 1% more DPS.
Reply Quote

I continue to wonder what the purpose of beta was.

Showing off features.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
kT
rebirth was the worst addition to holys and wtf would you give a cast time spell to melee classes...... fail, fail, fail.
Reply Quote
I did a BG for the hell of it as prot, got Isle of Gilneas, and a druid used it on me.

Spamming 28k Wraths every few seconds made me wonder if this is what it was like to play a shockadin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did a BG for the hell of it as prot, got Isle of Gilneas, and a druid used it on me.

Spamming 28k Wraths every few seconds made me wonder if this is what it was like to play a shockadin.

Rofl, my holy shock and holy prism do WAY more than that. And Holy Prism usually heals my nearby melee.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy doesn't get Wrath. Holy shock and Prism aren't spammable, if you were going to compare it to something it would be denounce.

I can think of a lot of uses in heroics and probably challenge modes. There are a couple of enemies and bosses that spin, or have ground effects all around them.
Edited by Kamine on 10/4/2012 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Druids seem really prone to cast it on me in dungeons. I don't know if the spells they get are just that good, or if they're just trolling.

Whereas I've yet to receive it. I'm not sure what a boomkin gets from a Paladin, but whatever it is the ones I've seen preferred Mass Dispel from the Priest (so very, very useful in 5-mans and scenarios).
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Vyolin
rebirth was the worst addition to holys and wtf would you give a cast time spell to melee classes...... fail, fail, fail.
Why is a battle rez a bad thing to get?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/04/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Sharrow
Why is a battle rez a bad thing to get?

Battle rez is a bad thing to get for example if you're probably going to find it hard to be in a 10 man raid for example that doesn't have a DK or a Warlock in it for Battle rez.. oh.. and you know of course.. a DRUID... that would cast Symb on a holy pally, and you can only use 1 battle rez in an encounter on 10 man.

the only ONLY thing i've thought of us if you had a feral druid tank that would mean he doesn't have to spec into NS to battle rez while in form. other then that i can't see the point of it.

as for 25 man.

if you don't have druids, warlocks and dks, or a hunter with a qullian..

You might have to tinker with your raid comp...
Reply Quote
In a 25-man, yes I can see it being redundant, but in a 10-man, well sometimes it's your druid who falls over.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They probably changed it because whatever it was before it was too powerful, I know paladins can spam Word of Glory again which is so great as ret or prot (keeps ourselves alive xD)
So maybe to balance it out they gave us this crap.

Blizzard has already made HEAPS of weird and stupid decisions in only 1 week of this new expansion, and they are quick to realise the mistakes too. That or they just continue to ignore it or create even more things for us to question.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Tanked an instance with a druid the other day. Had him Sym me because I wasn't sure what I'd get in return.

Saw it was wrath, casted it once to pull. 6500 damage. Took Sym's button off my bars, reassigned it to G-91 Landshark.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]