Make Venemonous Wounds 100%

90 Human Rogue
Energy regeneration as Mut seems too punishing when Venomous Wounds doesn't proc; making this change will empower the spec to become more engaging while delivering a better flow to the game-play. Too much down time isn't fun :)

This is all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Agreed. Nerf Sin's damage if you have to, but ANYTHING to not make it so !@#$ing boring. I'm sometimes just standing there for up to 5sec not doing anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I don't think Assassination's damage is at the point to where this change would warrant nerfs. It may be too soon to tell, but based on heroic dungeon logs I'm surely not OP
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Agreed, change from 75% chance to 100% chance and change the energy generated from 10 to 7.5. The base energy generation doesn't change but venomous wounds becomes more reliable and less punishing with bad procs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I haven't tried it at 90 yet. At 85 in PvP I kinda liked the higher damage with slower regen, I felt like I was using few moves with high cost to cause high damage, sort of like I was...

Assassinating!

I can imagine PvE it would be sort of problematic though. I guess to get that superdeadly feel I we should just have a 10 min CD where we can just straight up one shot a mob in a trash pack, yeah baby. Shadowstep then a dagger exploding through the chest of a mob, all unique animation, gore everywhere. mhm.
Edited by Trinias on 10/3/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
As a Rogue that's already 4/6 (and one of the top parsing rogues in the world), I can very clearly tell you that Rogues are total garbage right now.

Patch 5.0+ completely destroyed Rogue's energy regen. Even in BiS gear at lvl 85, my abilities used plummeted. I was constantly standing around waiting for enough energy to do anything.

Combat spec is trash. BF is only good if you're cleaving 24/7 during the fight (first boss).

AoE is also garbage for every spec, but that's primarily the result of a constant lack of energy.

Something is definitely broken. At this point, there's no reason whatsoever to bring a Rogue to a raid. Virtually all other melee do more single target damage, and yet have a TON of AoE damage.
Edited by Validas on 10/3/2012 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'd rather have them give us Focused Attacks back. The bonus crit to mutilate and backstab/dispatch was removed to try to make us want crit, but that has failed as crit rating now has a lower EP value than ever before. Focused Attacks would also let our energy regeneration scale with gear like Combat.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Combat has the worst energy regen. Have you tried it? It's absolute garbage.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Kanoi
Agreed. Nerf Sin's damage if you have to, but ANYTHING to not make it so !@#$ing boring. I'm sometimes just standing there for up to 5sec not doing anything.

Mmm, so much of Assassination's damage is passive it can be super boring sometimes.
Reply Quote
I understand the idea behind a proc chance for Venomous Wounds, when/if it procs, you change what you do. In that respect, it is a lot like Seal Fate and Ruthlessness. While I can't speak for anyone else, it seems like other people have the same problem with it as i do, situational awareness.

No, really.

When an extra combo point procs, you know instantly that you have a number of choices. "Do I Mutilate again and risk losing a Seal Fate proc? Or is it more worth it to clip my <insert>?" There is a simple math to it in PvE, but it still is something that adds a little change to the game.

While it's important to keep a close eye on your energy too, it's typically something in the back of your mind. You know, you have a feel, for how fast your energy regens and how much energy each ability takes. A quick look at the energy bar confirms it or holds a nasty surprise. Either way, I personally at least am much less aware of my current energy level than I am of my combo points.

The result? Seal Fate is a great addition to the spec, as was Ruthlessness. The % proc on Venomous Wounds however does nothing for me. Less energy on 100% proc would be a nice QoL.

--------

Another couple changes I'd like to see with Venomous Wounds are:

(1) Removal of the poison requirement. Ruthlessness alone (melee range, requires target, 8-24s) is already more limited than Energetic Recovery (self buff, 12-36s). The fact that poisons need to be applied (dispellable, 8-15s) is obnoxious.

(2) Reduction of Garrote ticks to 2 seconds, down from 3, but keeping the same overall Garrote damage. That'd make Garrote a good alternative to Ruthlessness.

Finally:
10/03/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Aurrora
I'd rather have them give us Focused Attacks back.

We already have a spec that gains energy from auto-attacks, Combat through Combat Potency. Though I agree it would be nice to increase the value of crit, and Focused Attacks would do that, there's already little enough (and diminishing) difference between our three specs. Venomous Wounds could use some updating but it's a good mechanic; I'd prefer another means of increasing crit value.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Or...

Reduce the Energy cost of Mutilate from 55 to 45, and reduce it's damage by ~20%. Mut isn't even close to our top damage ability anyway. Any damage lost would be more than made up by the extra combo points generated.

Seriously. Go kill some of the Sprites out on the Windward Isle (Cloud Serpent daily isle) and when your Mut gets to about 45 energy (with the buff/debuff they give you)... just feel how smooth that is. Wish it could be like that all the time.
Edited by Toxxus on 10/5/2012 2:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]