WindWalker

90 Orc Monk
Yes, Yes, Yes another WW thread.

I have the rotation down, its not hard I have tons of key binds more so then I ever did on my lock. I've noticed in PvP there isn't many skills that go unused with a monk.

How ever PvE feels a little boring I find myself spamming BoK and thats the main jist of things for me lol.

Sure we pop our tiger's brew/energizing brew blah blah keep Tpx3 (Mastery usually helps us keep this up) and keeping our RsK on the target. Using FoF on CD blah blah.

Does anyone else feel like all we basically do is spam BoK over and over and over. Don't get me wrong Mr. Elitest Monks I'll defend the class to but I just feel like in PvE we could use a little more exciting offensive ability or put more animation on something I dunno.

Maybe I'm just trolling and I've tried to hold off, but I've been thinking this way now since about level 70.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You spam bok? You should really only use it to keep the dot up.

Let me explain. I start the fight getting up my 3 stacks with tiger, and then roll in bok for the dot. Obviously I use rising sun kick on cooldown as well. However, I spam spinning fire blossom. It does more damage then bok if you already have bok dot up. Jabs usually help with mastery procs to keep up the dot and tiger stacks. Then I use fists of fury on cooldown. So essentially i have 6 main abilities in my rotation and a bunch of cooldowns to supplement them. It's awesome
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
FoF, jab, bok, and rsk should be your only abilities you will use other than managing your brew and xiun tiger ability at 90. In pve my bok crits for 70k and rsk 100k+ the flowers crit for 50k max.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
You spam bok? You should really only use it to keep the dot up.

Let me explain. I start the fight getting up my 3 stacks with tiger, and then roll in bok for the dot. Obviously I use rising sun kick on cooldown as well. However, I spam spinning fire blossom. It does more damage then bok if you already have bok dot up. Jabs usually help with mastery procs to keep up the dot and tiger stacks. Then I use fists of fury on cooldown. So essentially i have 6 main abilities in my rotation and a bunch of cooldowns to supplement them. It's awesome

Bok does the same damage regardless of when it's used. Meaning if you spam bok 10 times in a row (theoretically) the dot will deal 20% of the damage dealt by all of those. Regardless of clipping.
Edited by Briyan on 10/3/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/03/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Briyan
Bok does the same damage regardless of when it's used. Meaning if you spam bok 10 times in a row (theoretically) the dot will deal 20% of the damage dealt by all of those. Regardless of clipping.

Pretty sure BoK > Blossom's right?

Honestly I haven't made any use of either of the blossom's except for the root mechanic during PvP.

PvE wise I rarely ever use them...
Edited by Monkology on 10/3/2012 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
lol Blossoms, you mean those things that can miss if aimed wrong? A ranged attack, that costs Chi, that can miss....

BoK is better. period.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/03/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Chongpao
FoF, jab, bok, and rsk should be your only abilities you will use other than managing your brew and xiun tiger ability at 90. In pve my bok crits for 70k and rsk 100k+ the flowers crit for 50k max.

Essentially though Blossom is only 1 Chi versus 2 for the BoK not sure if that over rides using BoK, but just some food for thought.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Blossom only scales with attack power. BoK scales with attack power AND weapon damage. Blossom was better than BoK until near the end of Wrath content, then BoK skyrockets past with MoP content weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
lol Blossoms, you mean those things that can miss if aimed wrong? A ranged attack, that costs Chi, that can miss....

BoK is better. period.

It's called a Glyph those things don't miss if glyphed...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
10/03/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Microwaves
Blossom only scales with attack power. BoK scales with attack power AND weapon damage. Blossom was better than BoK until near the end of Wrath content, then BoK skyrockets past with MoP content weapons.

Noted appreciate the reply!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]