Hunter Pets Tenacity/Tank

Gameplay (Hunter Pet Tanking)
Problem (Hunter pets suck at holding aggro unlike warlock pets now.)
How to fix (Give pets more AOE. Some pets would have wide range abilities naturally. One ability pure pet is unrealistic and tottal crap at least two per family some 3 and beastmaster exotic pets 4 to 5. Evan if some abilities overlap because guess what all pets or most have claws a teeth. A good talent to increase threat in the tenacity (Tank Spec) would also help.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
How to fix (Give pets more AOE. Some pets would have wide range abilities naturally. One ability pure pet is unrealistic and tottal crap at least two per family some 3 and beastmaster exotic pets 4 to 5. Evan if some abilities overlap because guess what all pets or most have claws a teeth. A good talent to increase threat in the tenacity (Tank Spec) would also help.

I'm pretty satisfied with tenacity aggro...am I the only one?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Misdirection and thunderstomp is plenty to help the pets hold aggro.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

You have Growl for taunting, Thunderstomp AoE, Misdirection/Multi-Shot/Beast Cleave AoE, you can get a Chimera with the AoE breath and spec him Tenacity if you REALLY feel like you need more... I don't see the problem.
Reply Quote
I have never used misdirection before because the time it last was so short i figured it would be off before i got my abilities in but i used it and it works to keep aggro unless i pull super larg group of mobs like 10 thin its on CD and my pet seems to never get thunderstomp off but maybe twice a fight because he runs out of focus so fast is there any way to keep my pet up on focus with out giving up my dps because i know there is a talent that can return it to my pet but it has a long cool down and i have to give up Thrill of the hunt or Dire Beast. Plus dose any one think its kinda dum that normal pets only get one ability and i say this because a bear would have a AOE im pretty sure they use too have a ability like a druid bear that use to hit more thin one target. Plus tell me dose it seem kinda weird that no pets have a range attack i mean in some instances like 5-man groups i would like a good dps pet that can attack at a range.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I have played my warlock far more than my hunter. The voidwalker has zero issue holding aggro. I can put it on passive lay into an elite then tell the void to attack and i will never have aggro again. Compared to my hunter in which I start off with misdirect then halfway through the fight have to feign death start attacking again and pull a second time. If the pet is designed to tank then it should be able to without the hunter using adding to it. I find it BS that I have to lower my dps by glyphs and skills to help my pet hold aggro. If your pet is tenacity and especially if your BM the hunters pet should act just like the voidwalker currently does. Oh yeah and my warlock is destro so his pet is not doing it's max dmg, but my hunter is BM.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I actually usually go soloing with my ferocity spec'd spirit beast. No real aggro issues, and survivability doesn't come up too much either.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
10/03/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Khogun
How to fix

Glyph Misdirection and use it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
FD on cooldown. Drops your threat.

If you're BM you have no need at all for misdirection, since kill command puts aggro on pet not you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]