STR Gem's Question!!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am having problems getting Expertise capped and I read in this thread here

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1205776-(Ret)-Trouble-getting-Expertise-Cap

on MMO champion that they reduced the amount of ap you get from STR and that it is ok for some one to start geming for second stats like expertise and hit rating ect.

Can any one confirm this ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Expertise cap is only 7.5%.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Due to the level of gear I am at right now, I like to stay away from gemming str and go with hit/exp so it's easier for me to reach caps and I am able to have extra gems with haste and some reforging into haste.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
oh I didn't know that expertise cap is 7.5%

Edit: That still doesn't answer the question though :P!
Edited by Silverocean on 10/3/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
STR still nets 2 ap per point, but gems offer 2x the amount of a secondary stat then they used to. Hence a greater return if you gem haste over pure STR
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Silverocean
Edit: That still doesn't answer the question though :P!

You want to avoid gemming cap stats as much as possible (specifically expertise, as haste/hit or strength/hit in blue sockets is fine), so that you can gem more haste/strength. If you absolutely can't get capped without it, and need to cap for raiding, then do it, but do it as little as possible.

For heroic instances, you only need 6% hit and expertise, the highest level mobs in them are 92.
Edited by Cayse on 10/3/2012 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Criceto
STR still nets 2 ap per point, but gems offer 2x the amount of a secondary stat then they used to. Hence a greater return if you gem haste over pure STR

That is the answer I was looking for but thanks Cayse!! :)<3

Is there a blue post or reference so I can let others know?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Try to cap with reforging and enchants as best you can. It's okay to gem for Expertise and Hit if you ABSOLUTELY have to, but try not to.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441833#6 - This may or may not help.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]