Coren Direbrew...

90 Night Elf Warrior
I have no idea whats wrong. Every time he'll Barrel me and me only...and I get blamed for not picking up the adds when I'm CC'd >.< Really WTF!? Bad enough he does that but nobody thinks of using there Defensive CD's... Am I going about this the wrong way? Is he really supposed to do that? Just CC me whenever he damn well pleases?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Pretty much. It's really really frustrating too.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Amusingly enough, it's treated like a stun, and can be broken out of by things like IBF and blink.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It is a stun. It's one of the adds they throw a brew to you, which appears in your inventory. Once you drink it you are immune to getting barreled. A simple macro will do the trick. Just put it on your toolbar and hit it when it lights up.

/use dark brewmaiden's brew
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
It is a stun. It's one of the adds they throw a brew to you, which appears in your inventory. Once you drink it you are immune to getting barreled. A simple macro will do the trick. Just put it on your toolbar and hit it when it lights up.

Pretty sure those are two separate mechanics.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

That's either a different mechanic, or it's bugged. There is nothing in my inventory as I'm being chain barreled over and over and over again. I have SS's to prove it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

That's either a different mechanic, or it's bugged. There is nothing in my inventory as I'm being chain barreled over and over and over again. I have SS's to prove it.

The stun actually has hovertext mentioning it being due to not drinking the brew so the barrels do seem to be completely separate.

Only thing I've seen work to avoid getting barreled is just staying out of range of Ursula (the one that does the barreling), just letting the dps hit her. I've no idea at all what triggers her perma stunning ways, but I also notice that the brewmaidens cast bars are constantly showing them casting brews at people, so I have the sneaking suspicion that they're supposed to be throwing brews in people's inventories and missing and the game not realizing and treating people as having them for when it comes time to decide if Ursula should throw a barrel on someone. May just be my paranoia though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Getting a mug from Ilsa and not drinking it before she gives you a second, will get you stunned.

Getting barreled by Ursula (who barrels her highest threat), will get you barreled "stunned" for longer.

You can break the stuns, but for that last 33 percent, I don't think: any class has enough tricks to handle them all.

Some tanks have had success outranging Ursula, but I have not.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

..so I have the sneaking suspicion that they're supposed to be throwing brews in people's inventories and missing and the game not realizing and treating people as having them for when it comes time to decide if Ursula should throw a barrel on someone. May just be my paranoia though.

Oddly enough, that's the best theory I've heard thus far. The fight as is just doesn't seem *right.*
Edited by Jínxs on 10/4/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So far as I know, there's no way to avoid the barrel mechanic. You can avoid hitting the one that throws the barrels, and you'll get hit less, but there's a fair chance your healer will eat more instead.

Best strat I've found is to drop Mocking Banner, so that Coren doesn't retarget after you've been hit by a barrel. You'll still have a barrel on your head, but at least he won't be facemunching the squishies.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

..so I have the sneaking suspicion that they're supposed to be throwing brews in people's inventories and missing and the game not realizing and treating people as having them for when it comes time to decide if Ursula should throw a barrel on someone. May just be my paranoia though.

Oddly enough, that's the best theory I've heard thus far. The fight as is just doesn't seem *right.*

Yeah the whole thing feels off. I actually noticed in a fight this past night that 3 people in the barty were all barreled at the same time. Everyone complained they drank and beer appearing in their inventory too.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Don't pick up Ursula when she spawns in and the fight is a joke. Just pay attention to the nameplates and when she comes up walk away from her and someone else will pick up threat on her.
Reply Quote
68 Troll Hunter
Vex
Ursula is the one who throws the barrel if you can get a dps to hit it a bit you can't lose problem is getting them to do it but if you wipe its their fault meh.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
As a tank, DO NOT TOUCH URSULA. A pet or a DPS with a tanking stance needs to pick her up. If this happens the fight is easy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It really doesn't need to be a pet or a tank stanced character, just someone who can nuke her enough to get primary threat.

When running these I had an enh shaman, a mage, a hunter, and a fury warrior, all pick her up. I simply asked the player ahead of time if they could grab and tank her at 35% and do their best to not kill her once they had threat, all but one person I asked agreed. After I had an agreeing dps-tank, before I pulled I told my group that at 35% so and so would tank Ursula, she'd be marked with a square, don't kill her, focus on the boss.

When she popped I marked her with a square so she was easy to spot for the player grabbing her. Once they grabbed her, I'd move the entire melee stack away from her so that I wouldn't reacquire threat. If the dps-tank killed her, she immediately repopped, and I'd mark her again and repeat. Once I put a dps in charge of tanking her, with the exception of once where she barreled me before they were able to grab her, my runs went smoothly.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/04/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Wistiria
It really doesn't need to be a pet or a tank stanced character, just someone who can nuke her enough to get primary threat.

I just want to make sure that any DPS doesn't pull aggro and then immediately ignore her so that she aggros the healer or something, which would be bad.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I have the macro for drinking the direbrew and on that fight I use a bar mod to put it 1/2 an inch from the center of my screen so I can hit a hot key as soon as the number counter hits one.

Still getting barreled and PuGs don't care that you're only in Heroic blues and some JP gear if their lucky and still doing more damage then most of them... due to the abundance of vengeance.

It's frustrating but I got my tanking and dps trinkets out of it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
1. Move away when Coren disarms, this saves you a ton of damage taken.
2. Ignore Ilsa, drink her beer if you'd like. The stun is infrequent and not bad. She spawns around 70~80% Coren HP.
3. Pick up small adds, AoE them down.
4. At 30~35% (5.2mil HP), Ursula spawns. have someone offtank her, and they will get the barrels. Start moving to the other side of the room around 5.4m to avoid cleaving her and getting aggro.

Free loot!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
In addition to what others have already mentioned, for DK tanks, spec desecrated ground as it prevents Loss of Control for the duration of the ability (while u're standing in it, derp!). Cascade this w/ IBF for total LoC immunity.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Yep, have someone offtank Ursula and you're gold. Avoid hitting her and maybe someone else will accidentally grab aggro for you.

Hunter pet might work. Never tried it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]