Simbiosis has to change!

90 Night Elf Druid
1. Simbiosis takes ridiculously long time to cast. If a person from a party engages into combat, the spell cancels mid cast and pretty much you can't use it till one of party members stops pulling (which is hard to do) because most tanks don't give a s...t about healers or their mana or stand in crap taking 30k tick damage and if you have 3 melee in group all 3 taking that at once....

2. If I am resto and casting Simbiosis on a paladin it gives me "cleanse" ability. But as of MOP druids can decurse as well as dispel. So granting paladin's "cleanse" by Simbiosis as a resto makes no sense at all!

From Dk we get Icebound fortitude (similar to barkskin) from mages we get ice block. From locks we get a port (yeah great feature) if a lock actually uses his port to get out of stuff.

Locks using their portals is 0.02%

So it's another useless feature. I suggest give resto druids instead of port an ability from lock to summon a pet that would tank mobs (if they are attacking druid). Giving us a port ability that almost 0 locks use (or maybe I haven't met a good lock yet) is useless
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It takes a long time to cast and it's not persisting through death...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
2. If I am resto and casting Simbiosis on a paladin it gives me "cleanse" ability. But as of MOP druids can decurse as well as dispel. So granting paladin's "cleanse" by Simbiosis as a resto makes no sense at all!

They don't share a CD.

What kind of locks are you playing with then.........? Set your standards a little higher! =)

So it's another useless feature. I suggest give resto druids instead of port an ability from lock to summon a pet that would tank mobs (if they are attacking druid). Giving us a port ability that almost 0 locks use (or maybe I haven't met a good lock yet) is useless

Give it to my spriest. I get life grip - he gets tranq.

Block can save you from death or used to avoid certain mechanics (Avoid chain ticks on stone guard.)

My guess is it's the "I haven't met a good lock yet" part.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/04/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Ziryus
it's not persisting through death...

Only in the raid. Looks like it's resetting longer cool downs (I'd say 5 minutes +) and for some reason Symbiosis is in this reset list. Easy enough to reapply.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have to agree. I am disappointed with our Symbiosis. It has potential. I like the idea but I feel like it went way too soft trying to keep it from being overpowered. Half the spells we get are pretty worthless and we will rarely use. Not to mention we have the only spell that can not be used unless we are in a group or raid. The cast time does not make sense either. It can only be cast out of combat so why is it such a long cast time? It's not like anyone would be abusing an out of combat instant cast. At least let us cast it on whoever we want regardless of being in a group. We can buff people not in our group why not Symbiosis?

PS: Our spell trade offs should be more fun. Why does a rogue get growl? Why not Dash ( a second sprint basically) Why do Boomkins get mass dispel? We can already dispel an entire group in no time flat anyway. Why do we get Intervene as Boomkins? Very rarely would that be useful in PVP (would probably be more useful to just cast a heal anyway) and in PVE it's horrible for regular mobs and a death sentence on bosses. Mirror image works. It's not adding much damage at all but it's fun and can be useful at times.
Edited by Bejorn on 10/4/2012 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The fail is strong in this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey guys, I have an idea. How about next time there is a beta we actually give feedback instead of complaining in /2. That way we don't need to worry about these things in live.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/04/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Ezzor
Hey guys, I have an idea. How about next time there is a beta we actually give feedback instead of complaining in /2. That way we don't need to worry about these things in live.
There was a ton of feedback for the beta, but blizzard largely seemed to ignore it, especially in regards to symbiosis.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
My only complaint about symbiosis is the cast time, I just made a macro that /y that im casting it, in hopes they dont move.

Other then that!!!!!
I enjoy every ability I get! I was confused on why rogues got growl... but then my rogue friend told me they get a bonus while using it and it's rather helpful. WHO KNEW!!

So in short, if the cast time was say .... 3 seconds? I wouldn't care, atm its a bit too much for out of combat spell.

Tl;DR I'm fine with it. :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/04/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Elvinna
1. Simbiosis takes ridiculously long time to cast.

Cast it before doing your MoW, at the start of the run. Or before the first boss pull, since you're not going to live or die by using it during trash.

Yes it does.

Those locks need to L2P. Next time you'll tell me that your Warriors aren't using Banners.

Why do Boomkins get mass dispel? We can already dispel an entire group in no time flat anyway.

What version are you playing on? I got one dispell with an 8 second CD.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
1. Simbiosis takes ridiculously long time to cast. If a person from a party engages into combat, the spell cancels mid cast and pretty much you can't use it till one of party members stops pulling (which is hard to do) because most tanks don't give a s...t about healers or their mana or stand in crap taking 30k tick damage and if you have 3 melee in group all 3 taking that at once....

From Dk we get Icebound fortitude (similar to barkskin) from mages we get ice block. From locks we get a port (yeah great feature) if a lock actually uses his port to get out of stuff.

It's useless in pug dungeons, slightly more useful in random BGs, very useful in organized PVP, and situational in organized raiding.
The cast time is stupid ridiculous though... requiring both people to be out of combat, it should 2s at most.

Also still pissed off we can't use it while doing the endless daily grind, especially when every other class can get Symbiosis for life on instant cast by simply killing a not-so-rarespawn.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
10/04/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Ezzor

There was a lot of feedback on Symbiosis. Mostly in the "this is a nice idea on paper, but a headache, semi-useless, and really annoying" vein of thought.
It got completely ignored.
Just like all the feral and guardian feedback provided.
If you've been around for any time at all, you know that beta doesn't begin for druids (with the exception of resto) until the game goes live because, as far as they're concerned, we're on the bottom of their priority list.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
especially when every other class can get Symbiosis for life on instant cast by simply killing a not-so-rarespawn

Please pardon my ignorance...what is this comment referring to?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree!!! The cast time is way way too long, and players won't take time for me to cast it on them before we get in combat again, and it cancels...so frustrating! Also the spells we get are almost all useless. I feel like other classes got way better new spells in MOP than us.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Sylvannus
especially when every other class can get Symbiosis for life on instant cast by simply killing a not-so-rarespawn

Please pardon my ignorance...what is this comment referring to?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86580
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It needs a self buff ability. Too much of this game has been turned into solo play with the awesome dailies and lack of tabard /sarcasm.

I do find it useful when I'm in a dungeon though, Ice block, deterance, evasion. All really nice for avoiding damage when the tank forgets to pick up adds and they go to me with my heal agro.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Dagglet
http://www.wowhead.com/item=86580

Holy Crap I didn't even realize that..........Seriously Blizzard?.......We get the least well thought out spell of the new expansion and on top of it all everyone else can just go get it themselves......Sad Druid
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Pretty sure you can smash your head against your wild growth key and no one will die.
Reply Quote
useless spell is useless what we get is eater useless for our specs, rarely situational, it only helps out some other classes. most likely i wont ever have it on my spell bar
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]