Fury DPS on Feng is meh

90 Orc Warrior
Me and my guild have been messing around in 10 mans (we dont start 25's for another 2 weeks)

Anyways were on Feng at the moment and I just cant for the life of me figure out why the f*** my dps so low.

Logs for reference:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nudpqpbcd4cm2vrp/sum/damageDone/?s=5033&e=5443

I picked the longest attempt as an example. I know that I'm not seeing execute phase yet, but 44k just seems low.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, just cant put my eye on it.. Please point it out and call me a moron, I don't care as long as I learn from my mistakes.
Edited by Communist on 10/4/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What're you using as your rotation?

Your reforges seem fine, but your gemming confuses me a bit. I don't believe metas have a requirement on a certain number of gems of a certain color anymore, but if they do, swap out the shoulder gem for crit/strength.

If they don't, you should not be matching the socket bonuses in your helm or boots, they should be pure crit, and you should still swap out your shoulder gem. Your chest gem should also be switched to pure crit, and I confess myself confused as to why you used a +600 expertise cogwheel over a +600 mastery one. In my experience it's better to achieve hit and expertise caps through reforging and never gem or enchant for either unless you have to match a blue socket bonus for some reason.

I believe there's a +strength trinket that procs crit that is better than the Brewfest coaster, but I'm not sure.

Looking at your logs, everything looks fine except that you missed 7 Colossus Smashes. Even accounting for time spent not standing in fire, that's a large discrepancy, and a big factor in your damage due to the debuff and Enrage.

Your Enrage uptime seems pretty good, but it could be higher given the unused Colossus Smashes. Melee seems abnormally high, it's typically my third or fourth when I do Fury, but I'm going to chalk it up to Mists doing weird things to damage. Are you using Berserker Rage intelligently to cover gaps in Enrage uptime when neither CS nor BT crits?

How are you lining up your CDs? You can get much higher damage by chaining Bloodbath - Dragon's Roar - Recklessness - Colossus Smash than you would using them on their own. Also try to save a double RB if CS or BB is about to come off CD, but be careful not to potentially waste charges.

Finally, Execute does such absurd damage that it can easily account for 10% of our overall dps on a raid fight. Expect to jump up as many as two or three places once you actually kill the boss, because of Execute. Saving Reck for Execute phase is also a massive dps increase, but not really an issue here since you haven't gotten Feng down that far.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
You only had 1 RB proc overwrite, but that isn't that bad.

You should have had more BTs given the length of the fight, which probably hurt you. You were in combat for 6:49 which should have meant 90 bloodthirsts maximum when you only threw out 70.

Unless you had horrible uptime, which is doubtful since your were only 1 CS away from maximum. You had 147 non-BT actions when you should have twice your BT + BS procs which would have put you at 153.

Have you run a sim to see what your dps should be? You have some rotational imperfections but it looks to be somewhat normal. Likely it is a pre-execute thing.
Edited by Quinten on 10/4/2012 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Your reforges seem fine, but your gemming confuses me a bit. I don't believe metas have a requirement on a certain number of gems of a certain color anymore, but if they do, swap out the shoulder gem for crit/strength.

I believe this person is following Esoterickk's guide.

I'll respond again after I look at logs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Derp, I didn't check CS crits, only hits. But he'd still be off by two potential uses. 20 second CD means that CS would have come off cooldown for the twentieth time at 6:40.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

BS > CS > RB > DR > Bloodsurge > WS

If they don't, you should not be matching the socket bonuses in your helm or boots, they should be pure crit, and you should still swap out your shoulder gem. Your chest gem should also be switched to pure crit, and I confess myself confused as to why you used a +600 expertise cogwheel over a +600 mastery one. In my experience it's better to achieve hit and expertise caps through reforging and never gem or enchant for either unless you have to match a blue socket bonus for some reason.

Always has seemed to be the case that matching helpful bonuses (i.e. strength,crit) was the way to go. Majority is doing it, but then again I could be wrong.

I believe there's a +strength trinket that procs crit that is better than the Brewfest coaster, but I'm not sure.

I have that trinket it, but it's a big loss of crit to take, and the uptime on that trinket didn't seem AMAZING on dummies, I could be wrong.

Looking at your logs, everything looks fine except that you missed 7 Colossus Smashes. Even accounting for time spent not standing in fire, that's a large discrepancy, and a big factor in your damage due to the debuff and Enrage.

Your Enrage uptime seems pretty good, but it could be higher given the unused Colossus Smashes. Melee seems abnormally high, it's typically my third or fourth when I do Fury, but I'm going to chalk it up to Mists doing weird things to damage. Are you using Berserker Rage intelligently to cover gaps in Enrage uptime when neither CS nor BT crits?

How are you lining up your CDs? You can get much higher damage by chaining Bloodbath - Dragon's Roar - Recklessness - Colossus Smash than you would using them on their own. Also try to save a double RB if CS or BB is about to come off CD, but be careful not to potentially waste charges.

Doing exactly what you said, BB-DR-Reck is together.

Finally, Execute does such absurd damage that it can easily account for 10% of our overall dps on a raid fight. Expect to jump up as many as two or three places once you actually kill the boss, because of Execute. Saving Reck for Execute phase is also a massive dps increase, but not really an issue here since you haven't gotten Feng down that far.

You only had 1 RB proc overwrite, but that isn't that bad.

You should have had more BTs given the length of the fight, which probably hurt you. You were in combat for 6:49 which should have meant 90 bloodthirsts maximum when you only threw out 70.

Unless you had horrible uptime, which is doubtful since your were only 1 CS away from maximum. You had 147 non-BT actions when you should have twice your BT + BS procs which would have put you at 153.

Have you run a sim to see what your dps should be? You have some rotational imperfections but it looks to be somewhat normal. Likely it is a pre-execute thing.

Have not run any sims, but I have just been comparing logs of similarly geared warriors trying to figure out any glaring issues. I should probably sim and see what results I get.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/04/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Communist
Have not run any sims, but I have just been comparing logs of similarly geared warriors trying to figure out any glaring issues. I should probably sim and see what results I get.

Make sure you don't compare ones with execute to ones without. Also I am not seeing a buff gain for skull banner, there should be 2.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Make sure you don't compare ones with execute to ones without. Also I am not seeing a buff gain for skull banner, there should be 2.

Weird, I have it macro'd in with a couple other cd's. Maybe I have a typo in the macro.

Seems like it maybe a WoL bug, It doesn't seem to be listed under any of my logs, however I'm positive that it was dropped.
Edited by Communist on 10/4/2012 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/04/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Communist
Always has seemed to be the case that matching helpful bonuses (i.e. strength,crit) was the way to go. Majority is doing it, but then again I could be wrong.

One point of crit is worth about 1.4 points of Strength. So any time you sacrifice Strength for crit, it's worth it if you gain as much crit as you lost in strength, or even slightly less, but remembering 1 crit > 1 strength is a good rule of thumb. Though usually I agree with you, at least don't match the helm as the socket bonus is useless, and switch out the shoulder for strength/crit. As I mentioned, caps should be reached by reforging.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Set up a quick simcraft, set to light movement. No execute sim =49k, W/ execute phase sim= 55k

10/04/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Jorion

One point of crit is worth about 1.4 points of Strength. So any time you sacrifice Strength for crit, it's worth it if you gain as much crit as you lost in strength, or even slightly less, but remembering 1 crit > 1 strength is a good rule of thumb. Though usually I agree with you, at least don't match the helm as the socket bonus is useless, and switch out the shoulder for strength/crit. As I mentioned, caps should be reached by reforging.

Cannot argue with you on the helm.. idk how the hell I missed that.
Edited by Communist on 10/4/2012 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I'm seeing people with top parses socketing hit / exp gems too. I don't think it's necessarily a bad approach, especially if you can't get the perfect reforge with your gear (like me).

I'm having similar issues to OP, although I haven't raided yet (going to on Saturday). I feel like I'm really low on single target. I've seen players with high DPS rankings with a lower crit rating than mine, so I wonder what could I be doing wrong?

My rotation feels really empty, as it seems that BT doesn't proc RB nearly as often as it should, then I'm stuck spamming WS / HS after I've expended my Berserker Rage (which is usually kept in reserve for RB droughts). This is a huge DPS loss.

Without food / pots / flasks, I'm doing about 35-39k on a dummy after about 4 minutes and my CDs are down. While CDs are up and RB is proccing, i'm usually around 60k.

There something special I'm missing?
Edited by Urve on 10/4/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I'm seeing people with top parses socketing hit / exp gems too. I don't think it's necessarily a bad approach, especially if you can't get the perfect reforge with your gear (like me).

I assume you don't mean hit and exp at the same time, because I'm not doing that and right now I'm numero 2 on Feng. Given, I have better gear, but I'd never use a hit+exp gem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

I assume you don't mean hit and exp at the same time, because I'm not doing that and right now I'm numero 2 on Feng. Given, I have better gear, but I'd never use a hit+exp gem.

Get a chance to check my logs?

So far what I've been told is, missing a few BS's (i.e. slightly botched rotation). Could that really result in a 10-15k DPS loss.

I just can't even comprehend how the hell people are pulling 58-65k on this fight.. The second the first epicenter comes out, my bleeds just tic my dps down to the gutter. And it just gets worse and worse with each epicenter.
Edited by Communist on 10/4/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Well using a pure hit gem is a similar concept, either way it's a socket dedicated toward your caps (I realize I have 2, pray I get heroic shoulders). Even if it was a dual stat gem with crit / str on it though, I don't think the difference is significant enough to affect DPS on a particularly noticeable level.
Edited by Urve on 10/4/2012 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Everything looks okay. Only thing I see is that you aren't using Bloodbath and you didn't run into the Execute phase yet. So, CDs in the Execute phase will boost your DPS by a decent amount.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Same problem here, my burst when I start the fight is at 120k dps then I fall down to 50-40k dps. Starting to really dislike being a dps warrior right now.

Doing Feng in 25m btw. Ilvll467
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Same problem here, my burst when I start the fight is at 120k dps then I fall down to 50-40k dps. Starting to really dislike being a dps warrior right now.

We've never really been amazing in pre-raid gear. I'm pretty use to it.. I'm still astonished at how some warriors are pulling 60-70k on Feng though.
Edited by Communist on 10/4/2012 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Is TG my problem? O_O. Thought going into raids TG scaled the highest right now?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

My burst at the beginning of a fight with Bloodbath, Reck, Skull Banner, Pots, and Trinket is around 190-200k It slowly declines from there down to 65k or so until the execute phase. By then (On Feng at least) I have all my CDs up and potion and I just blow him up with Execute damage up to the 70k I pulled on the fight.

Things to consider:

-Are you using Deadly Calm with Bloodbath everytime?
-Are you getting rid of the Raging Wind Glyph on single target fights?
-Are you using Dragon Roar with Bloodbath everytime?
-Heroic Leap on CD?
-Using Heroic Throw and Impending Victory when your other abilities are not available?

I could sit here for a while rattling off little things, but it would take me too long to think of each one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]