Onyx Eggs?

90 Undead Warlock
What is the spawn rate for these? I have been solidly looking everyday and have yet to find a single egg. I thought the Netherwing egg spawn rate was bad, this is nearly pure luck or insanity.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Based on my experience at collecting them (before it got crowded as much as it is now) it was around 10 an hour. This only counts the ones I got, so it may be as high as double this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Not true. You are VERY lucky to get 1 per hour now...I've been reading up on other sites and the drop rate is basically non existent now....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
i'v spent 13 hours trying i found 1 & there were only 3 others i saw about looking... im guessing the spawn is now 1 per hour
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
The eggs are on individual respawns of about 45 minutes to an hour. It took me about 4 hours to farm the 60 I needed on the day after launch, with no competition.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I found one when I first started the daily quests within the first 5 min. I picked it up and then got my butt handed to me by a stealthed alliance rogue, I guess she was about to pick it up lol.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
im on quite a low pop realm and there are very few people looking for the egss yet ive only gotten 2 a big tip i heard about was getting cross realm zoned into a dead realm and then grabbing all the eggs but then again you need someone to let you get to that realm
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was looking for about an hour today, and I was the only one looking, and I still couldn't a single egg
Reply Quote
I suggest the Cloud Serpent Curse add-on w/ Tom-Tom. Gives you a full route to run to check each spawn point.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
If it's on the same timing cycle as Netherwing (which I've farmed from entry to Exalted on 2.5 chars), it's a 15-45 minute timer. Some will respawn 15 mins after they've been looted, and then it's anywhere from 15 mins to 45 mins. It makes it harder to "camp" them, and encourages people to rotate around - giving other people an equal chance to get them.

The eggs are on individual respawns of about 45 minutes to an hour. It took me about 4 hours to farm the 60 I needed on the day after launch, with no competition.

Of course there was no competition on the day after launch. Most people were still getting to 90, let alone able to get flight training required to be able to access them. Don't be ignorant.
Edited by Dominitari on 10/21/2012 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've noticed that if I'm the only person out looking for eggs, none seem to spawn. As soon as other people show up on the island, a bunch will spawn at once. The first time I thought it was coincidence, now I'm not so sure.
Edited by Aehla on 11/21/2012 6:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)