One of a kind pets, not Rare quality?

90 Worgen Druid
Why would you make one-of-a-kind pets non-rare quality, Blizzard? All it's doing is narrowing our options of pets. I know for sure that I don't plan on using any pets below Rare Quality, nor will many other people.

What If I wanted to use a Dragonhawk pet? What if I wanted to use my Personal World Destroyer? What if I wanted to use Legs?

And why the hell isn't my Toxic Wasteling rare quality? I'm almost certain that it was on the list to be upgraded to Rare quality.
Edited by Raxion on 10/6/2012 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
One-of-a-kind pets are all rare quality. To my knowledge every single pet that doesn't directly show the quality is automatically rare, I've yet to see one that isn't.

If you don't believe me get the addon Pet Battle Quality Glow, it shows the rarity both of your pets and wild battle pets directly in the battle.
Edited by Barba on 10/5/2012 2:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Troll Priest
not true, baby blizzard bear for example is uncommon
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/05/2012 02:36 AMPosted by Barba
If you don't believe me get the addon Pet Battle Quality Glow, it shows the rarity both of your pets and wild battle pets directly in the battle.

Thank you!! I've been running around this morning just starting out, i don't like to leave an area till i have a rare of a pet and capturing 3 then releasing 3 has been a pita, just saw this post and got the addon now i can tell straight away and go for the kill for xp and not bother catching it, thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
One-of-a-kind pets are all rare quality. To my knowledge every single pet that doesn't directly show the quality is automatically rare, I've yet to see one that isn't.

I have the addon. All of the pets that I mentioned, as well as many others, are all uncommon quality.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
blizz is implimenting a way to upgrade. hold in there.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/06/2012 01:02 AMPosted by Urszula
blizz is implimenting a way to upgrade. hold in there.

I love the idea. I just hate having to wait months for it to be implemented.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I think it's wretched evil to make companion pets I spent hours, days, weeks farming common quality battle pets.

I'm looking at you, (insert color here) Whelpling, Oozeling, Firefly, and Hyacinth Macaw.

I farmed endlessly for these pets, most often in competition with countless bots. If you farmed them yourself as well you know the frustration. For pets which dropped from a relatively low mob population, you were constantly competing for tags against bots in Azshara, the Wetlands, and Zangarmarsh. I farmed them, I got them, I LEARNED them (as opposed to selling them on the AH), and whoo hoo, they're common.

It's nice to know they're implementing a method for improving the quality of these pets, but honestly, for the amount of effort I put into acquiring them, I'm hoping it's minimal.

I should also note the quality of these battle pets does not reflect the amount of gold paid by those who bought these rare pets off the auction house. These pets were not easy to come by and if you bought them off the auction house, you paid plenty.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I received a Toxic Wastling today that WAS rare upon receiving, but when I went to spawn it immediately after it had changed to uncommon...wtf?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Pets you buy from the AH come from two categories, one is under misc. / companion pets and the other is its own section at the bottom named battle pets. Pets listed in the misc. section are pets that have yet to be used and will show as all variety of rarities, however, upon use of these they will turn into their corresponding true rarity ie uncommon most likely. For example hyacynth macaw is an epic drop and shows epic in the misc. pets section, but when used becomes an uncommon (which can then be stone upgraded to rare).

A couple times I have bought a pet from the misc. section that showed as rare (blue) and then come to find out that upon use was an uncommon (green), one of the lashlings and an enchanted broom. This is what I have observed.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Black tabby cat is uncommon :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
uncommon pets are still great to get and level ... just use a stone to upgrade them. i actually think that it makes it more fun, some of the uncommon pets that get upgraded are not necessarily a pet someone else would upgrade. i dont think that it narrows the options, i think it actually in a way expands them
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]